November 2020 Moms

Week 4 (11/22-11/30) Check In - Week of 7/27

Estimated due date (EDD): 

Week of pregnancy: 

Baby is the size of:

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

Questions? 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?

Re: Week 4 (11/22-11/30) Check In - Week of 7/27

• Loading the player...
  • @lalarose22 mmmmm Piña coladas! They are my summer favorite. 

Estimated due date (EDD):  11/24

Week of pregnancy: 22+6

Baby is the size of: Grapefruit 

Upcoming Appointments: not until August 

Rant/Rave: Rave- I got to sleep in today! Rant- I’m trying to put together a Brio train set my MIL bought DS and I don’t know if it’s pregnancy brain or if I’m an idiot but I’m having trouble 😆 The instructions are not very detailed. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase? A bigger house and pay off our credit card. 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 11/23

Week of pregnancy: 23

Baby is the size of: a grapefruit 

Upcoming Appointments: none, but I made an appointment at a 3D ultrasound place that I went to with my son. So excited to see this little one’s face. 

Rant/Rave: DS has to get a silver cap on one of his molars later next month. I’m so nervous and feel so bad. We’ve known it’s coming for over a year, we had a horrendous time being able to brush his teeth from age 1 until he turned 3. He has the best dentist ever but I’m still dreading it 😔. 

Questions? 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase? A bigger house in my dream neighborhood. Also I’d pay off my student loans 😑. 
    @lurvleybunchococonuts that happened to me once when I was already feeling hot. I take it as confirmation that I’m not just a big baby, my body is really whack right now. 
  • @1sttimemomma98 when we renovated our house there was wallpaper EVERYWHERE. Lovely unicorn borders in what was dubbed "the pink room". What helped remove it was putting warm water and vinegar into a spray bottle, and then using like a putty knife to scrape the stubborn bits off. Good luck, I feel your pain!
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm popping in from week 2, hope it's ok. I don't want to offer unsolicited advice or opinions but I had a thought when I read your post so you can take it or leave it😛 the first thought that came to mind is that your DD may be acting up because she can sense there is a big change coming. Not sure how old she is or how much she understands about what having a new baby means but i wonder if she could be feeling some stress/anxiety/confusion about not knowing what to expect. My nephew had similar issues when getting a new baby and my sister had luck with finding books where characters got a new baby in the house and talking to him about how having a baby can be exciting but sometimes its not always fun when the baby crys and needs lots of help from mom and dad. My sister and nephew brainstormed ideas of how he could help take care of the baby. Giving a paci, patting their back, playing quiet so baby can sleep, singing and talking to baby. He liked being able to be a part of the baby care and knowing a bit what to expect. One misconception many parents make is talking about how exciting it is to have a new baby but for older siblings, that's not always true and it can be a shock to them. This baby comes and takes over the house, parents are always busy, relatives visit and pay all the attention to the baby and when said older sibling tries to get attention they're told to not act like a baby/act out/etc, if they share their feelings about the new baby "send them back", "I don't like them", etc, they are yold they are rude and aren't allowed to feel that way which doesn't help them form a bond with the baby. Totally depends on the child as well how they react. You probably already know this all and like I said before, disregard if you wish😜 if this isnt the issue then i hope something can be resolved soon because being around a clingy child is not fun at all!
  • @babywiik Thanks! Oh yes, I'm certain she's being so clingy because she can sense the twins/changes coming.  I don't mind the extra snuggles and one-on-one time at all, I just feel bad because she is NOT a big fan of dad these days because of it.  She's only 20 months old so she knows something is going on, but doesn't quite grasp the concept yet.  We talk about the babies in momma's tummy and she loves giving them kisses (annnnd licking my stomach LMAO :D).  She has a special baby doll that she takes care of and we're practicing gentle with it, etc, etc.  Getting a few books is a good idea, she loves flipping through books almost as much as she enjoys looking at pictures of other babies.  It definitely is going to be utter chaos lol. 

One of my MILs favorite story is how her older brother pulled their baby brother into the kitchen one morning and told their mom "take this one back, I don't like him" :D:D:D Of course those feelings are valid, adjusting to a new normal is super hard especially on little one's. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 29

Week of pregnancy: 22

Baby is the size of: a bell pepper

Upcoming Appointments: telehealth in Aug

Rant/Rave: Hip pain continues. I got a knee pillow (Cushy Form) and that so far has prevented my hips from hurting after I get out of bed, but still bothersome while I'm tossing and turning at night. Also had my first-ever yoga class this week. Prenatal yoga via a local studio on Zoom. It was helpful to get guidance on positions and stretches (hello pigeon pose) and how far is safe to push my body. But, I am just not a fan of online fitness classes and don't feel safe going to in-person. *continues shaking fist at pandemic fallout*

Questions? none

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase? Beach house for my mom.