Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 7/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Monday 7/27

• bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 20/22 including 2 benched 

CD/DPO: 22/8

Timing: -2, O x2, +1

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: No interest but that will probably change 

R/R: You guys, DH woke me up when he was leaving this morning and told me that he had just realized that yesterday was his dads birthday and he forgot 😭. I knew it was around now but was relying on him to come up with the actual date. We are in such big trouble. I almost posted some pics on social media of the get together with my family yesterday and now I’m so so so glad I didn’t. Ugh. I feel so awful. Speaking of the get together, no one brought up TTC 🙌🏻. I’m kind of surprised because we ventured into the territory talking about some people we know that are trying and not trying but everyone must be scared enough of me to not go down that path 

CS/Q:

• @bows22 I always get texts from my parents when I fail at calling the other for birthdays or mother's/father's day. Hope you don't get in too much trouble!

Month/Cycle: 37/26

CD/DPO: 32/12

Timing: -4, -3, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: another BFN this morning

R/R: I am disappointed in my BFN when I dreamed after my snoozed alarm that I'd get a clear positive 😆 like I was actually nervous going to test. Maybe still too early if implantation was only Friday/Saturday? Did nearly 6 hours of weeding over the weekend and it's still not done. My back and legs hurts from trying to pull up so much creeping charlie. That stuff sucks! In other news, our bedroom and would-be-nursery room have all the outlets and switches changed so I'm feeling really good about things now. I think there's talk to have family's help with a full remodel of our main bathroom that we don't currently use outside hair styling and teeth brushing. I know it doesn't help resale value but we plan on taking out the tub/shower and having just a shower. I'm sure there's some kind of big tub thing we can buy for future kids that can be placed in the shower when needed.

Also, DH has NEVER seen A Bug's Life and I am shook 😆 but he says it's okay because he's seen Antz. A Bug's Life was the superior movie!

CS/Q: I'm going to be so disappointed if AF comes because you can't get a more beautiful chart than this. Triphasic LP, temp dip at 10dpo, super clear shift for O. Ugh.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @bows22 glad no one brought up TTC! I, too, get a text from the opposite parent if we haven’t said anything, but it’s usually at like 9 am. IVE BARELY BEEN AWAKE, GIVE ME A CHANCE!
    @inthewoods23 ugh! Sorry for the BFN! That chart really is stunning! And A Bugs Life > Antz. No contest in the slightest.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 21/2

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: last cycle was 10.5 days, usually more like 13

Testing: 8/3 at the earliest

R/R: Today is DHs Friday! His parents moved into their new house this weekend so we are going to go help/visit on tomorrow afternoon. We stopped by yesterday as we took one of their two couches and it’s TINY. Probably 1/3 of the size of their last house. I honestly don’t know why they put in the offer. I would be miserable there. 

CS/Q: Temping question in 1st spoiler *TW mention of LC* Chart in 2nd spoiler

*TW* LC
    I was up around 5:00 to feed DD. Did realize it was that late until AFTER I had already gotten up to feed her, so I didn’t temp. Rather i temped when my body naturally woke up 2.5 hours later, at 7:30. I’m thinking I should toss the temp. Thoughts?

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited July 2020
    @bows22 oh no! Good thing you didn't post those pictures!! I'm the date keeper for both of our families for this reason- MH is terrible with dates. I'm also 100% responsible for cards and gifts for both families which I'm not at all resentful about LOL. We still have father's day cards for both dad's on our table bc I got as far as buying them... Oh well. 

@inthewoods23 sorry about the BFN. You do have a really nice looking chart! Dreams like that always get me too. As for the tub, we were thinking about moving last year and saw a few houses without that sold fast so you never know!!

Month/Cycle: 15/13

CD/DPO: 25/12

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 11-14

Testing: might test again tomorrow depending on temp

R/R: school plans for our area came out last week and people are flipping out about them. It's a hybrid schedule with kids in school for two half days and the virtual the rest of the week. I'm shocked by how many people seem to think we were going to be going back to school full time. Like.... Hello?? Have you not been paying attention? I got into a long back and forth on FB yesterday with someone who works at a dentist office- she's like if I can do it (sitting at the front desk in head to toe PPE with 2 kids max in the office at a time, her words) then teachers can do it full time safely. She was like I'm sure parents will provide PPE for their kids teachers and I was like 🤣🤣🤣😂😳 omg you're serious. Can covid still be my rant??

CS/Q: still pretty sure I'm out- all over crampiness and starting to break out. 

• Hi @chindimples04! I can't remember, was it your ILs who were moving closer and talking nonstop about the houses they were thinking about? How close are they to you? 

I would probably toss that temp just bc it looks like it's later than your usual time. If you're sure you o'd already too there's really no reason to keep it. 
  • @_orchid_ yep, my in laws moved closer. It’s about 1 hr and 10 minutes closer. They actually moved to my hometown. It’s about a 30 minute drive. Maybe a bit more depending on traffic. I’d be surprised if I didn’t O. I had ovulation pains and everything. I’ll probably keep LH testing for another 3-4 days just in case but will probably end up tossing the temp. 
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 my parents keep talking about buying a house out by us but haven't pulled the trigger yet. My mom wants something smaller, but then she seems to still want it to be 4 bedrooms. It's not like we would visit and stay over if they moved to our area. Of course you know some of those bedrooms are going to be for grandkids to spend the night lol. I'd also recommend discarding your temp since it's so far off your normal temping time.

@_orchid_ I don't get what people don't understand about what a bad idea it is to bring all kids back into the schools. A split schedule of some in-classroom, some virtual lesson seems like the best of both worlds. I just know I've already seen spread/cases with the sports teams that schools are allowing them to practice. DH's 2nd cousin is on the football team and they practice in "pods" of 10 kids. One in his "pod" tested positive and now that group of 10 can't come to practice for 2 weeks. It almost seems pointless to allow sports because how is this all going to work if a portion of your team is unable to attend practice or compete in games?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • bows22bows22 member
    @inthewoods23 @chindimples04 right?? Why didn’t my MIL say something? She probably didn’t think we would actually forget because that is SO unlike us. Won’t keep us out of the doghouse though. They are supposed to be doing a favor for us tomorrow and I’m scared now haha 

@inthewoods23  your chart looks amazing. Crossing everything for you that this is it. Also, I don’t know that I’ve seen a bug’s life or antz, but even I know that a bug’s life is the superior one!!

@chindimples04 thats nice that your in-laws are closer but not too close haha! I agree I would toss the temp, especially if it’s later than your normal time. My temp was always higher if I took it later. But I suppose everyone is different so who knows!

@_orchid_ most schools around here are doing either in person or online - you have to choose one or the other, no hybrid. I think it’s absurd. Most people I know with school age kids are planning on sending them mostly because 100% online is too much when working full time. I said this in the UO thread the other week, I see where these people are coming from because employers are going to expect people to send their kids to school if there is that option. So it baffles me that schools aren’t offering hybrid. I know there is no good answer to this though. 

• @bows22 I have read that BFPs take 2-3 days after a dip so I'm hoping I fall in the 3 day camp! I suppose I could test tomorrow, but eh, I'll wait. Also DH's birthday is Thursday so I'd love to expect a positive that morning after AF doesn't show Wednesday. I haven't felt any cramping like I sometimes get a few days before so.... Please tell my brain to stop SSing lol
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bows22 ah that sucks about your FIL's birthday! Hopefully he didn't feel too hurt, is he big on birthdays in general?

@inthewoods23 I am the worst about having BFP dreams, like I think it's happened at least once every cycle so far for me. Here's hoping yours this time was prescient but just running a little early!

@chindimples04 that's interesting that your ILs went for such a drastic downsize, had they been wanting to do that for a while? I know that as people get older it can be a huge relief to not have to keep up with as much housework... a 2/3rds reduction is a big leap though! 

@_orchid_ I can't staaaand people who so obviously want to make everything about them! Like literally there is no comparison between being a receptionist in a medical setting and being in a classroom full of kids. Were you able to knock any sense into her? I'm still hoping the schools here ultimately decide to go full virtual.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 28/8

Timing: -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: Soon probably

R/R: My doctor is letting me redo my blood work tomorrow (for anyone who missed it last week- I got Day 21 blood work last Monday but I have a longer cycle and believe I ovulated last Sunday, meaning I was only one day past ovulation for the blood work and I wanted to retest to be more in line with the point in my cycle at which that type of blood work is supposed to happen). Anyone have any insight or resources with information for how to interpret the results? I got back the first batch of results (which I expect to be "off" due to the aforementioned issue with testing too soon after O) but don't have a lot of context for how to interpret them beyond the very broad ranges of "normal" provided by my doctor's office.

• @the_most_happy They just wanted to be closer as both of their boys moved an hour+ away from their home town. And they had both been traveling an hour and 20 minutes to work every day as they both got jobs in their new town before they sold or bought something. I think MIL is happy about the downsize as far as cleaning goes. But they really wanted a 3 car garage and this house had it. I think that was more of a deciding factor than anything.
    TTC History

• @bows22 that is ridiculous! So many people in my area are sending kids back "because they need their social lives back". The parents don't understand that's not what school's going to be like. My principal is a saint and is trying to accommodate parent's requests- so if parent knows they have meetings/important calls on Mondays, she will put their kids in the Monday in person school group. It really is impossible for working parents, and I'm annoyed they're angry it's not business as usual- 0% of indoor dining is open in my state, how do they expect the school to be normal? Honestly I think we'll be back to distance learning by Halloween so all the arguing about it on FB is pointless. 

@the_most_happy couldn't knock sense into her, we left things at she's going to take up a collection with her kids' classes to buy PPE for the teachers and I wished her luck 🤣 people don't even like to get markers to send in to school for their kids! I have no insight for day 21 bw, but glad your Dr is doing it again! Hopefully it will give a better picture than last week's.