Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 7.25-7.26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

GTKY: If it was possible to take a mini-vacay this weekend, where would you go, what would you do? 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Weekend 7.25-7.26

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 19 

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, CM, CP, BBT, HIO EOD/ED

R/R: It’s O day! 🎉 DH also got the first part of his sign on bonus so I’m going to go look at new flooring today for our main floor and master bath! I’m super excited! Only rant is it’s supposed to be ungodly hot this weekend. 👎🏼

GTKY: If it was possible to take a mini-vacay this weekend, where would you go, what would you do? Anywhere with a pool! Probably Wisconsin Dells, maybe the Kalahari. I just want water!

CS/Q: Little temp dip this morning, but not too worried. Yesterday’s temp was a tad higher than normal and may be discarded. Haven’t decided yet. 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• kvh22kvh22 member
    edited July 2020
    @chindimples04 Yay for new floors! So exciting 🙌

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNVs+, BBT, OPKs, HIO EOD/ED if possible, RHR, RRL tea when I remember, Proov strips

R/R: edit to add: just excited for the weekend..no real.plans but the gtky reminds me we have wine to pick up 🤔

GTKY: If it was possible to take a mini-vacay this weekend, where would you go, what would you do? Either Sonoma or Monterey. Wine tasting at both. Monterey aquarium, nice dinner out in Carmel, 17 mile drive and walk on the beach. In Sonoma, pool, nice dinner out, beautiful views wine tasting. Ugh now I'm sad.

CS/Q:

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 13/10

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, timing, weight loss/exercise, day 2 of our first Clomid trial

R/R: We had a great time with friends last night, it was good to reconnect with them. My rant is the headaches I haven’t been able to ditch since yesterday. And the heat. 

GTKY: If it was possible to take a mini-vacay this weekend, where would you go, what would you do? Hmm, probably somewhere in the Smoky Mountains, preferably with a lake.

CS/Q: None, just waiting to get to CD14, and then CD21 to see if it worked!

@chindimples04 yay for new floors! Home improvements are always so exciting!

@kvh22 wine country sounds amazing! I’ve mender been but it’s in my list! 

• Was gonna lurk for a bit before rejoining the dailies, but I can't wait! 

@chindimples04 Hooray for O. Glad your search for a positive OPK is over. See you over in TWW if/when I get there. Good luck shopping for new flooring, but stay hydrated. 

@kvh22 Yay that you're trying Proov strips. I'm not going to use them anymore since I got everything I wanted out of them. From your GTKY, sounds like you're in the Bay Area. Whereabouts? I've lived here for 2 years now, but have been moving around a lot and have now landed in SF (as of March). To reference yesterday's convo, NorCal has the best running weather. Now if only I could drag my ass over to the nearest track to do it (can't run on asphalt anymore due to left knee cartilage wearing thin > causing lots of pain.) 

@bbrahmbhatt the headache is likely Clomid related, though I'm not speaking from any experience... just from what I read. I hope it goes away, but I'm excited for your foray into a medicated cycle. 

Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: HIO, bbt, OPKs, CM, PNVs, Ubiquinol, melatonin, seed cycling, myo-inositol/d-chiro-inositol, maybe castor oil packs again this month? And... HSG on 7/30. 😨

R/R: DH and I attended our first Zoom Wedding yesterday (his cousin). Unfortunately it was fraught with technical issues - the time in Save the Date and time on Zoom were off by 1/2 hours... and then the computer they had the Zoom on died just before the vows were said! I think such issues are to be expected (unless, like me, you spend >50% of your day on Zoom). Nevertheless, all of the Zoom guests stayed on when the host computer disconnected and we all chatted / got to know one another a bit. I believe they're planning a party for after the pandemic, so it'll be nice to see those folks in person. I dressed up from waist up. Took me about 10 min to get ready! 

No rants today!

GTKY: If only for a weekend, I'd have to second what @kvh22 said! I love Napa. That said, we (mostly) given up drinking while TTC, so I cancelled all of my wine memberships. 

CS/Q: too soon

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @chindimples04 yay for O!! Have fun picking out flooring!

@kvh22 your hypothetical weekend plan sounds amazing! DH and I went to Napa for a portion of our honeymoon and it is one of the best places I have ever been. Def want to go back one day!!

@bbrahmbhatt sorry for the headache! Hopefully it goes away soon.

@acleverusername what a bummer that there were technical difficulties! It’s nice that you got to visit with everyone else on Zoom though. 

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: temping, tracking CM, OPKs, PNV, baby aspirin, progesterone after O

R/R: My RE’s office called yesterday to talk about some more test results that they got back. The nurse I spoke to told me that my test came back positive for anticardiolipin antibodies. It’s consistent with the test that my OB did and wanted to repeat, so I’m glad that I started with the baby aspirin. We have an appointment with my RE in 2 weeks to go over all the results and come up with a plan, so I’m feeling good about that!

GTKY: This is hard!! Since we are talking just the weekend I’m going to stay on the East Coast and go maybe to the Florida Keys. Obviously somewhere that is totally not suggested at the moment haha. We went there with some friends a couple years ago and had the BEST time. This time of year, I just want to be at the beach with a frozen beverage in my hand, so anywhere I can do that becomes my happy place.

CS/Q: another day, another negative OPK. Last cycle I got a positive on CS24 and was hoping it was a fluke. Not looking to be the case, but I’m at least hopeful that I might O by the middle of the week. Maybe the consistent temps are my consolation prize for the later O...lol!

• @chindimples04 Yay for O day! It's ungodly hot where I am, too. If I could see a double-digit "feels like" that'd be great.

@kvh22 That mini vacay sounds amazing! I've never been to wine country, but DH and I have been talking about visiting the west coast (maybe once we can travel again)

@bbrahmbhattThe headaches may be from Clomid -  it gave me headaches, too (the heat doesn't help)

Month/Cycle: 18/1 AL

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: HIO, OPKs, just started temping

R/R: My pilates studio has been doing classes outside and it felt good to get a solid, sweaty workout in this morning. I was dedicated to working out solo at the beginning of this pandemic, but now I've lost motivation and need to have someone encouraging/yelling at me.

GTKY: If it was possible to take a mini-vacay this weekend, where would you go, what would you do? We haven't been to the beach yet this summer, but right now it's too hot, so we'd probably goto the mountains. I just booked a trip to Lake Lure, NC for spring break 2021 and I can't wait... unless I get KU and can't go, which would be even better.

CS/Q: n/a

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • @chindimples04 yay for new flooring! Picking out all of those finish pieces is such a fun part of renovating. 

@kvh22 those weekend getaway options sound amazing. I’ve been wanting to go to Monterey since I saw those views on the tv version of Big Little Lies. 

@bbrahmbhatt Sorry about the headaches. Hopefully they pass soon. 

@acleverusername I’m glad the Zoom wedding went semi-well! All of our major events for this year have been outright cancelled, so I haven’t participated in any virtual celebrations yet. I’m sure that will change the longer this goes on, though. 

@runningoncookies Yay for the plan! I hope this brings some good results for you. 

@mamasloth your outdoors Pilates class sounds amazing. I was pretty good at the beginning of quarantine, too, but have seriously fallen off. Need to find a way to get back into working out. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: temp/charting, HIO, OPKs

R/R: We were able to get out on our kayaks today, which felt great. The weather was beautiful and it was just nice to be out on the water - so serene. Hoping to make it more of a habit!

GTKY: If it was possible to take a mini-vacay this weekend, where would you go, what would you do? 

I’d love to be up in the mountains this weekend. It’s so hot here that that would be a nice break. Plus hiking and lakes, what’s not to love?

CS/Q: I can’t get a handle on these temps. I drank last night and ended up getting under a warm blanket in the middle of the night last night because I was freezing so I’m pretty sure that’s what’s throwing off today’s temp. I might discard if I start dropping over the next couple of days. 

• edited July 2020
    @runningoncookies it's good that the RE re-ran the test just to be sure. Coming up with a plan is so pleasant. And actually, ditto what you said re beach and a frozen bevvie. Though I feel like our little trip to San Diego a few weeks back fulfilled that yearning for a bit. 

@mamasloth @fameonmain2 I'm in the same boat re: working out strong in the beginning of the quarantine but then losing steam. Haven't done much other than force myself out for daily walks since end of May. 😭

@mamasloth getting KU'ed and not being able to go on a trip would be great, and I really hope it happens for you!

@fameonmain2 I also totally "fell in love" with the scenes of Monterrey from Big Little Lies; I watched season 1 of that show when I was still living in Canada, then lo and behold, I'm in the Bay Area now and just a quick jaunt to those scenes. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @acleverusername we're in the South Bay. I lived in SF for 3 years and have also lived in Palo Alto and Monterey for shorter stints. Been in our current place for almost 6 years and moved to the Bay Area about 9 years ago after an intership. I work in Palo Alto (when not in coronavirus). I actually noticed you mention SF a few times in the IF daily threads but I didn't want to creep in there while lurking.

We decided to go down to Monterey county and pick up our wine. It was lovely and both places had great outdoor set ups. We don't do that type of stuff every weekend - went to Sonoma about a month ago and that's it for leaving our county. In normal times we usually do a day trip every other weekend so it had an odd sense of normalcy despite all the masks and other precautions.

@runningoncookies I'm all over the place with my FP length, too. O'ed on CD19 last cycle and neg OPK still today at CD13.

@bbrahmbhatt I'm all about lakes, too, just don't really have one on this coast we go to. I love a weekend at the lake 🚣‍♀️

@fameonmain2 we actually lived in Monterey for a bit. It's beautiful but nothing like that TV show. The book takes place on Australia and they forced it into Monterey and DH and I had such a hard time reconciling the location with the events/people the way they were portrayed. Loved the book and the TV show anyways lol. I have similar feelings about the show Silicon Valley but it's a lot more accurate.

@mamasloth that workout sounds great! I hope you can't go on that vacation 😂🤞

• @kvh22 plan my vacations? That sounds like a dream!
    @bbrahmbhatt oh, mountains sound lovely! I hope you’re headache has subsided by now. 
    @acleverusername oh, I haven’t heard of anyone doing a zoom wedding yet! Bummer it had some technical issues, though! Hopefully they can have a full reception in the not so distant future!
    @runningoncookies FX you are able to come up with a plan with your RE to gives you success! 
    @mamasloth oh, I miss Pilates! That’s awesome that they have offered outdoor classes. I have never really had much motivation to work our solo. 
    @fameonmain2 I’ve only kayaked once and I was exhausted after about 4 minutes! Hope you have more beautiful weather today to enjoy!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @chindimples04 lol I LOVE planning vacations! I did most of our wedding planning and my mom asked DH if he was going to plan the honeymoon since some ppl do that to even it out. He said that'd be doing us a disservice (and I completely agree). Just with DH, we did Spain, Dublin & Edinburgh, drove cross country, and did a few countries in southeast Asia before we got engaged. I planned all of them 😂