Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 7.23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Thursday 7.23

• bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 20/22 including 2 benched 

CD/DPO: 18/4

Timing: -2, O x2, +1

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Probably next Thursday or Friday 

R/R: I need to venture into the office at some point today. We just aren’t set up to be 100% remote because some people are set in their ways...but my home printer is broken and I need to print something for personal purposes so I’m not too upset about going in, but hopefully I can make it quick. Our dog got a great report at the vet last night! (It was just a checkup and to get him established somewhere). We couldn’t go in with him but when the vet called to go over everything she gushed about him and I’m sure they do that for all of the dogs but it made me so proud haha. 

CS/Q:

• @bows22 I like to think our pets are extra awesome to the vets even if they say that to every animal lol. They used to say that when we'd bring Pinecone in. Normally hedgehogs are not fans of being held by people they don't know. Glacier now holds that title. He just makes a lot of noise but doesn't extend his quills. Basalt though - that boy is a grumpy ball of quills almost all the time.

Month/Cycle: 37/26

CD/DPO: 28/8

Timing: -4, -3, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: probably sunday

R/R: well I at least had 1 delivery this year! No baby, but a car is nice. You know, we completely bought and configured the car sight unseen. However, the Model Y is essentially a crossover version of DH's Model 3 so we knew what to expect. Still makes for a strange story though!

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @bows22 hope you make it in and it quickly at your office! Totally feel you for the fur parent pride! Glad his first visit went well and now you have a spot for him. People who work with animals all day are amazing, you can just tell how much they love them. My cat scratched the heck out of our vet last year and he just laughed it off!

@inthewoods23 that it a good story, I didn't realize that you configured it! Are they all like that? 

Month/Cycle: 15/13

CD/DPO: 21/8

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 11-14

Testing: I did this morning 🙈 negative of course at 8dpo but I was SS so hard yesterday that I figured this would shut my brain up

R/R: so I posted a few days ago about MH doing his SA. he was really reluctant about doing it bc he was afraid something would come back out of range and he thought I'd be mad at him. Well we got the results back and he has very low morph. We're still waiting on genetics and my HSG so there might be more to it, so still not sure how that plays into everything. My nurse called me to tell me and I had to tell him and he took it so well, and we were able to talk about it and even make some jokes without any of the upset feelings. I feel like a weight is off my shoulders bc I was so nervous about his reaction if his SA came back abnormal. 

CS/Q: 

• krash_krash_ member
    @bows22 so glad your pup had a good vet visit. My pets on the other hand have notes in their charts about how bad they are  :D my cat is basically banned from the vet because he freaks out so much and then when he gets home he's so upset he pees on stuff for a week. 
    @inthewoods23 it is definitely kind of wild the things we can do online these days. You can pick out and configure a ground breaking car and have it delivered to you, like what?
    @_orchid_ I'm so glad YH took the news well. I feel like it would be better to have a diagnosis and make a plan rather than just dealing with the unknown. I hope you guys can forge ahead quickly!

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 24/12

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: maybe tomorrow, maybe WFAF we will see what my temps do

R/R: not really feeling TTC right now. I'm pretty sure I'm out. MH and I have been at each other's throats and he has some issues he needs to figure out. He did set up a teletherapy appointment for Friday so at least he is moving in the right direction but it's hard to think about making a whole human when you're not feeling great about your marriage. Then there's the whole issue that we also need or want to start doing more testing so which just adds a whole other layer to the TTC through a rough patch. I need to focus on work more, I'm really dropping the ball on stuff but every day feels so up and down. I should probably set up my own teletherapy appointment. Sorry I'm being such a buzz kill. 

CS/Q: FF says O was CD 12 but it could be CD 13 too so I'm trying not to test because it could still be early.

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @bows22 hope it's a quick "visit" in the office. Glad your pup's appt went well.

@inthewoods23 yay for WATTson!

@_orchid_ sorry to hear about the SA results, but glad he took it well.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 28/12

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: BFN yesterday. So now just WFAF

R/R: kinda bummed, even though I didn't have high hopes for this cycle. Looks like timing won't work for next cycle either with DW schedule, but I did order new opk's and hpts today.

CS/Q: I went from rolling hills to rocky mountains.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @krash_ sending you lots of hugs. Right now is such a challenging time with the pandemic and isolation too, and on top of trying month after month of TTC. We've gone through a few spots in the past 15 months where we switch to ntnp with no opks, no temping bc we need the mental health break. ♥️♥️♥️ Thinking of you
  • @bows22 glad your vet appointment went well! I know what you mean, it always warms my heart when they gush about my dog even though I know they do that for everyone.

@inthewoods23 I didn't know you have hedgehogs, that is SO COOL.

@_orchid_ so glad your H took the SA news in stride. I know very little about that side of things, is that something that it's possible to treat at all?

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 24/4

Timing: -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: Nope.

R/R: My rant today is the dumbest, most obvious thing ever, but I am so. over. this. virus. I've been feeling pretty down and stir-crazy lately from lack of social interaction, so last night I decided to invite a couple we're friends with over for (outdoor) drinks this weekend. My excitement for actually having plans lasted approximately ten minutes before one of them posted something on social media about several restaurants they'd been to lately (sitting outside, which I know a lot of people are doing and is obviously way safer than sitting inside, but personally I'm still too nervous to do that) and I started freaking out about if it was actually safe to see them if they are going out this much. And meanwhile it feels like half the people I follow on social media are on vacation right now, which sucks to see from both a "concern about the virus spreading" perspective and a "man, wish that were me" perspective. I'm just exhausted from having to think about and negotiate all of these risks and decisions every day. So over it!

• @krash_ so sorry you and your H are going through a tough time. It's good though that you both are open to (tele)therapy and trying to work on yourselves. No easy answers or easy reassurances to offer, but I'm sending good thoughts.

@Kenneylynn3 sorry this wasn't your cycle and that the timing next cycle looks tricky. Good to be prepared though, so I'm glad you got some new tests!
  • krash_krash_ member
    @Kenneylynn3 sorry about the BFN  :(
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @_orchid_ yeah, you can configure it like any other car. Pick seat color (black or white), paint color, etc. There's also your RWD and AWD (or dual motor) options so we're all set in the snow. You can pay extra to have some of the autopilot features or not. The cheaper versions don't include the fancy stuff so if you just want an electric car to have an electric car, it's quite affordable. Frankly a lot of the extras is just enabling aspects of the software. My DH has low morph if you ever want to chat about it. My OB and RE both consider it more of a "yellow flag" than a true "this is preventing you from getting KU".

@krash_ it really is wild! DH loved it because there's no trying to haggle for a better price. You pay what it says on the website or you don't buy it. So there's never the "oh I want that car but I would need it to be on a steep discount to be able to afford it". Just keep saving up and when you're ready and able, you can order it online. I'm glad YH has a tele-appointment. I think you hit the nail on the head with needing to work on things before it's a good time to bring a baby into the world.  I know I need to get more mentally at peace. It's hard, but it will be worth it in the end.

@Kenneylynn3 sorry for the BFN. I hate when you already know timing is bad for future cycles. Like when the other is on a business trip or whatever. Boo.

@the_most_happy 😄 girl my profile pic is of my hedgies! Sounds like your friends are acting like my ILs. I don't even think they own masks. However, I do believe they have essentially been staying home with a few exceptions that don't include grocery shopping.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • bows22bows22 member
    @inthewoods23 that’s so funny that you have 1 grump and 1 friendly one...like Bert and Ernie. I know you’ve talked about this before but I can’t remember, do they get alone with each other? And I agree it’s so crazy that you built & bought a car without seeing it. I guess that’s the time we are living in now. 

@_orchid_ how was YH’s motility? MH had low morph too but the RE didn’t care at all because his motile sperm count was so high. It didn’t make a lot of sense to me and is one of the things I’ll ask a new RE when we will go, but was just curious if they said anything about that to you! Also I’m the same as you that sometimes I need to test just to get a reality check!

@krash_ ugh I’m sorry you are feeling down, friend. I’m glad YH is trying to work through his issues. Just remember that this is a crazy time and I’m sure most people are seeing changes in their marriage as everyone is constantly adjusting and figuring out how to move forward. Give yourself some grace❤️

@ken@Kenneylynn3 I’m so sorry about the BFN

@the@the_most_happy the constant mental battle of what is the right thing to do is exhausting. There are no easy answers. I wouldn’t worry too much about the outdooor dining if you think they otherwise have a safe/cautious mindset. But we haven’t seen any friends yet because it’s overwhelming for me to think about. 

• @bows22 they tolerate each other. Definitely not buddies lol. When we take them out we'll try to keep a leg or an arm between them so they feel more comfortable
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 omg... now I feel dumb, lmao... I only Bump on my computer so the pics are really small and I somehow thought those were ducks!? Hahaha.
  • Kenneylynn3Kenneylynn3 member
    edited July 2020
    @krash_ I must have been typing when you posted! I'm sorry that it's rocky right now, but I'm glad to hear your husband set up an appt. Sometimes people need a mental health break when TTC. I know it was a rough patch for my ex and I when we were trying. That isn't what broke up our marriage though....
    ETA: @the_most_happy I wish there was a way for the country to shut down and "get over" this virus so the pandemic would end. I feel like it has put such a damper on things. It's frustrating how some are so careful and others not, so we all suffer. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @inthewoods23 @bows22 his motility and count were both twice the threshold so the nurse told me they weren't too concerned. She said if anything it might just mean it takes a long time for his stuff to get me KU and I was like "ya think???" 😂 Based on our history my RE said her initial thought is genetics, which we'll get back in a few weeks. 

@the_most_happy I'm right there with you! We have friends that we'd like to get together with but they keep posting pictures of stuff they're doing/places they're going and we keep saying not yet. That being said, if they're coming to you maybe you can control the situation a bit by setting up the seating outside before they get there so that the chairs are spread apart, have different tables for drinks, etc. 
  • @the_most_happy haha, well they are balled up in my pic. The picture is bigger if you click into profiles.

@_orchid_ thats good about count and motility. Both of those for DH were somewhat above the minimum threshold. And his morphology was only 1% so we've been kinda screwed haha. It's weird though that some sources say a morphology of even 4% is good but that just doesn't really make sense.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 DH's was 1% too but RPL is part of my problems so there nurse was like clearly something's getting there, it just might not have good stuff inside. Idk what we'll do if genetics come back with problems, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there
  • bows22bows22 member
    @_orchid_ MH’s was 1% also which confused me, but I’m glad to hear you got the same info! But it’s what is making me OK with holding off on the RE for awhile like maybe that is our problem and we just have to wait for the perfect sperm to come through haha
  • @_orchid_ that's good. Hopefully the genetic stuff provides some answers.

This randomly reminded me of a comment I saw someone post somewhere on the 1st Tri board some time ago that basically said something along the lines of them trying for like 10+ months but in working with their doc or something it was determined that they were having CPs every month and while that sucks and I don't want to discount anyone's experiences, I was also very skeptical at the idea that someone could be 100% successful 10 months in a row. Nothing was said about using HPTs but that somehow based on how their cycles were acting that indicated all these CPs? Idk, maybe that's my "bitter I've never seen a 2nd line without a trigger shot in my system" talking. It all just sounded very implausible.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 yeah I'd be skeptical of that too. And if that was true that person would definitely need to find a new Dr bc most would not be on board with trying 10 months in a row without a break if they were having CPs month after month. I saw my reg Dr after my 3rd loss and she couldn't get me out the door to the RE fast enough- seriously the shortest Dr appt I've ever had. Def not bitterness talking ♥️
  • @_orchid_ yeah it just was like.... Maybe your cycles are longer than you think or 2-3 of spotting before AF are not a CP and just normal for you.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • *lurky-lurking*
    >girl my profile pic is of my hedgies!
    @inthewoods23 ... my mind is blown. They are so cuuuuute! 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023