Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+: 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?

Re: All Week Check-In 7/19

• Loading the player...
  • @jchpg My district has plans to go back but I’m in NJ and have a feeling we will be strictly remote 
    DS born 2016
  • jchpgjchpg member
    @jbal918 I always love your baby size comparisons, what do you use?
    I hope for your sanity your school will make a REAL call soon and you have the support you need to teach virtually if that is the case. 

• @jchpg Ovia! I used it with DS too! It also has a game boy for this weeks size lol

My principal said to let her know at anytime if I’m uncomfortable now that I actually told them lol... I’m on the reentry committee so I’ll know things early too. Tuesday we have a socially distant meeting in the gym which is why I finally told them and I’m anxious to see all the plans so far!
    DS born 2016
  • karmbakarmba member
    Woohoo we're all together!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/29 16w + 6d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Polly Pocket necklace

Upcoming appointments: I had a quick check-up this morning, and just scheduled my anatomy scan for 8/10.

How are you feeling: Not bad, I'm having difficulty sleeping still.  The super hot weather doesn't make that any better.

Rants/Raves: Rant - speaking of hot weather, from the heat and sweating I have a small yeast infection on my lower stomach.  Not particularly painful, but annoying.  The doctor gave me a prescription for a powder this morning so hopefully that clears it right up.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Romance novels or knitting haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/18 18+3

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: 7/28 virtual with high risk (because I had the sleeve they just want me to talk to him JIC), 8/4 AS and regular check-up.

How are you feeling: Honestly fine. A bit sore, a bit tired, some rash and itch under my belly, nothing major. 

Rants/Raves: My OBGYN is giving me issues about getting the letter I need to be considered to work from home next school year. I sent them a rebuttal Friday afternoon and they haven't looked at it yet. If I don't hear back tomorrow it's time to start the phone calls. 

Questions: Nothing.

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Jewelry (side job), so many education/child development topics, SLEEP TRAINING, why coffee/espresso is the best thing ever, my favorite wines, the list goes on :D I am NOT shy when it comes to chatting/presentations. 
  • bearmomma1bearmomma1 member
    edited July 2020
    Yay Love that we're all in one now. I love this GTKY question too.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11/30, 21 weeks
    (edited to add my original due date was 12/1, which is why I joined this board. Then my Due Date was moved to Nov 30 but I wanted to stay here! In case anyone was wondering why I'm here..)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM, DD 2yo

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Endive, pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: 7/27 for my next monthly

How are you feeling: Good, still tired, still heart palpitations

Rants/Raves: Two raves: 1) It's been 1 week with no itchy/uncomfortable vagine! (sorry for the TMI) But it's been 2+ months of back to back BV and then yeast infection. It's finally all gone!! (knock on wood)
    2)I made homemade fried chicken yesterday for the first time..it came out so good! 

Questions: None that I can think of right now.

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? I get horrible stage fright when I have to speak in front of people, even on Zoom! I have all these things I want to say and then my lips stop working and my brain freezes and I can't....maybe if I were doing a cooking demonstration I could do it with no prep for sure! I love to cook and could talk my way through it no problem.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 Uuggh I’ve been getting back to back yeast infections myself. Miserable 😩
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:  stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue: pink!! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: avacado

Upcoming appointments: next week regular ob and mfm on the 13th

How are you feeling: still pretty hellish. Vomiting 10-30 times a day with two prescription antinausea and all the regular morning sickness things. I’ve lost 20 pounds and generally need to go for fluids once or twice a week. I’m going to ask my OB if they can order a home health aide to come to my house once a week to run fluids instead. It would be less expensive and planned rather than emergency so I can work my week around it. 

Rants/Raves: my little dude had a fever last week, so we tested for Covid- negative 🙌🙌🙌 so back to normal this week. 

Questions:

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Financial planning 😆 I’m super boring. 

@bearmomma1 I bought a bunch of bicycle shorts (light weight) and wicking underwear- the combination seems to be working to keep things ... fresher. I struggled with yeast infections all summer with my sons pregnancy- miserable!
    @willashbaby sorry your ob is pushing back! Like- what skin is it off their back to tell your work you have a restriction? The only caution is to be careful you don’t require accommodations to the point they let you go, but it sounds like this is something they are offering and you just need clearance to use it. 
    @jbal918 I’m in the just fat camp too 😭 with all the weight I’ve lost I feel like I look less pregnant than I did before I got pregnant 🙄

@laurenspdx yes! My in-laws always call us in a panic with anything they see on the news about the east coast. Like there is a riot in NYC I promise we are fine in Vermont. They were in a dead panic in March because we were “so close” to the hot spot. They are in Montana and the UK. We were just like “no, actually that’s kinda far...” 

@karmba I am shameful with the AC right now. I’m usually pretty conservative with it. 

@luckypenny11 I feel like the anatomy scan they finally look human, lol

@bartonolivia benedryl for a migraine! I get them and use it to treat when I’m pregnant. 

@jchpg life got in the way, I missed the change- but i like it 😆😉

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/11, 19w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Mango

Upcoming appointments: 8/13 for virtual appointment

How are you feeling: Pretty good! Some nights I struggle with insomnia in the middle of the night, and other nights I sleep right thru till morning! 

Rants/Raves: Anatomy scan and fetal echo went great last week and we made a trip to buybuybaby on Sunday to look at strollers and other things in person! Excited to hit the halfway mark on Friday!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Infertility and IVF
  • @the_road_to_oz ugh I so wish I could vomit once a day for you just to give you some relief! The letter thing is so ridiculous, I'm waiting for a revised one now and I'll see what it says. There's no way my job is at risk, they're offering this FFS!
  • @the_road_to_oz good idea on getting new shorts/underwear. Looking up on Amazon now! 😂 Also, my OB said to not use Tide for laundry as it seemed to her the majority of ladies who get BV use Tide! We just bought a brand new container of Tide pods so I’ll have to wait to buy something new. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• I'm really liking all the check ins together! Never did it this way before but it’s nice to know where everyone is at!
    DS born 2016
  • @bearmomma1 shein was where I found the shorts cheapest! 

• @the_road_to_oz Oh my gosh, 10-30 times a day! I’m so sorry! I hope you can get some relief soon!
  • shelmcclelshelmcclel member
    edited July 2020
    So happy we are all 1 group now 🥰🥰❤️

@laurenspdx so frustrating! I’m with you. It’s hard to understand the news is showing bits of content in very brief moments of time. I chose to delete Facebook during the 2016 election Bc I just couldn’t take it anymore. From what I hear it’s gotten so much worse. 

@the_road_to_oz oh no! I hope they can figure out an option that will at least make dealing with the side effects of nausea easier for you.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15

Team Green/Pink/Blue: pink 🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: artichoke/as tall as a string cheese

Upcoming appointments: 8/4 for AS

How are you feeling: pretty good symptoms wise! Also got my 3-hour GD results back today - I passed. Thank god! I ate a thin mint (just 1) to celebrate. 

Rants/Raves: we are on vacation at a rental beach house this week. This morning our 1.5 yr old bernedoodle and my sister in laws golden retriever got out of our rental house while my parents, in laws and I were walking on the beach, and DH was still sleeping. We don’t know how they got out but they were missing. Neither dog had a collar on because they had been swimming in the pool. We ended up finding them about an hour later, my SIL’s dog was picked up by the police & mine ran into my MIL while she was searching and just followed her home - they took themselves on an adventure that included swimming somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. I have not run that far in several months and also have not been that stressed/frantic this pregnancy. Our dog is like our baby and my mind just went to the worst places and I just went into this like unstoppable inhuman I will do anything to find my dog mode. I’m feeling a little achey in my belly after all of the running, but spent the following 4 hours floating calmly in the pool (with my dog by my side). Planning to do a lot more laying around the next few days. I’m much better now but a little worried I may have re-aggravated my bleed. We’ll see.

Questions:

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?

Basically a cooking show on how to make a number of things! That or - how to draft a contract for FinTech services. 
  • @shelmcclel omg how scary!! Happy they both made it back home safely! Floating in a pool seems like the best way to relax afterwards..and Horray for passing the 3 hour test! 🎉
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/20, 18+1

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th time 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: artichoke/sugar glider

Upcoming appointments: 7/28 for a/s

How are you feeling: Tired! I’ve been struggling with insomnia at night, so I’m just in a fog right now.

Rants/Raves: I just wish people would get over themselves and just wear a mask when they go out in public!

Questions: I notice that I’m bruising easily in the past week, and I have a history of anemia during pregnancy. I’m going to talk to my OB about it at my appointment next week, but I’m wondering if anyone else is already taking additional iron supplements. I don’t remember being low on iron this early in my other pregnancies. Come to think of it, this might also be partly why I am so exhausted right now!

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? I used to teach middle school English/Language Arts, so anything related to that... reading/writing etc.

@the_road_to_oz I’m sorry that you are still so sick! 

I’m really happy for everyone whose employers are letting them work remotely, especially the teachers! I’m struggling with the idea of sending my kids back to school, but they go to a smaller private school, and right now I’m just waiting to see what their plan is. Unfortunately, tuition is due the day before they come out with their plan!
  • jchpgjchpg member
    @readermom1 I took iron for most of my pregnancy with DD. I have low iron due to poor absorption due to IBS. I have not had to yet this time, but it’s a good remember for me to ask if they have been testing me for iron levels- bc it could also be why I’ve been so tired!

That tiredness is also probably why I read the last question wrong 😅 I could do the presentation on most science subjects, or TTGP, or teaching/pedagogy. 

• hham10hham10 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18w

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th

Team Green/Pink/Blue: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: bell pepper 

Upcoming appointments: August 4th anatomy scan!

How are you feeling: Pretty good actually!

Rants/Raves: Freaking out because I’m a teacher and school is approaching and out world has been freaked out. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Teaching elementary level kiddos. Oh and infertility And treatments 
  • gh1219gh1219 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  12/7, 20+0 <--- OMG

Team Green/Pink/Blue:  Blue  <3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Sweet potato

Upcoming appointments:  AS tomorrow

How are you feeling:  My belly "popped" this last week and I feel huge.  How is this only half-baked???!!  I also started noticing peripheral edema worst in the morning.  I also have heartburn multiple times a day and am still snagging a nap if I'm home in the afternoons.  However, I do feel pretty good overall.

Rants/Raves:  Rants remain pretty much the same.  It's expensive to buy a house.  COVID sucks.  etc. etc.  Raves... if you didn't check out the exercise thread, we ordered a Peloton and I'm really excited especially since I recently froze my gym membership indefinitely 2/2 COVID and, see above, I really feel huge and craving more exercise away from the blistering heat.

Questions:  Weird question but does anyone feed their pet raw meat??  We have been feeding my cat raw meat almost exclusively for a few years now (highly recommend btw) and I was looking through the literature trying to figure out if we should change him off of it for 6 months or so until the baby's immune system is more robust.  Leaning toward changing.

A lot of medical topics, general surgery "bread and butter", navigating the residency application process, test taking preparation... pretty much just boring medical things
  • @gh1219 - I'm not a huge fan of raw food diets because there's such a huge variety of quality on the market, which results in an inevitable increased risk of infectious disease (including some zoonotic).  I'd talk to your vet about your specific risks, but switching to a commercial diet temporarily is definitely a reasonable thing to consider.  Have you done any Toxo screening?

@readermom1 - I was very mildly anemic on a CBC at my first appointment, so I've been taking iron supplements since ~week 10.  I took a few weeks, but I've noticed a significant improvement in my energy level. 

@shelmcclel - I'm so glad you found both dogs and that they were okay!  Awesome news about passing the GD test too :)

@laurenspdx - solidarity from the "other" Portland ✊.  Watching the news and reading social media is SO frustrating right now (or for the last 3.5 years TBH...).  I'm hoping that the lawsuits going out against DHS start curbing the madness.

@the_road_to_oz - I'm so sorry you're still so sick  :'(  I second @willashbaby in wishing I could take even 1 of those daily vomits for you <3

@bearmomma1 - we're very happy you're part of the December board!
  • @gh1219 my doggo is raw fed only (but by a pet supplier, big country raw) aka it comes in bags and I weigh out his food. I wouldn’t feed my pet anything else knowing all the health benefits. Only suggestion I have is that once your animal is done eating take the bowl away so baby can’t get in there. Other than that there has been no evidence of lateral transmission from dogs/cats to babies from “raw fed” possible illnesses! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 08-12-2020 20weeks (tomorrow)

Team Green/Pink/Blue: BLUE

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe? 

Upcoming appointments: midwife appt tomorrow!

How are you feeling: Big! I feel like I’ve gained weight a little too fast but also feel like it’s plateaued now so maybe I’ll just be one of those people who gain most in the beginning 🤷🏻‍♀️ No crazy symptoms other than the awful acne which I’ll start treating with medicated topical cream starting tomorrow! 

Rants/Raves: DH and I were so SHOCKED that it’s a boy! For sure thought it was a girl. Now all the plans I’ve made in my head don’t fit with reality lol and I feel like I’m starting from scratch again

Question: is anyone telling people baby’s name if you have it? 

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Absolutely. I’m great at public speaking and could talk about anything from labour and delivery and breastfeeding to dialysis to nutrition to yoga Or to Tea and coffee lol 
  • gingkomamagingkomama member
    edited July 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15, 19w

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Zucchini or hedgehog

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan next week

How are you feeling: Feeling pretty good! A bit exhausted just from not sleeping super well and chasing a toddler, but overall can't complain too much. 

Rants/Raves: My rave is that I love my pregnancy pillow! It is so comfortable and I have been sleeping with it every night since about 11 weeks. My rant is that I have been struggling with constipation since the very beginning of this pregnancy. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Ooh this is hard because I hate public speaking... Probably something related to education or to social emotional skills. 
  • @shelmcclel I’m glad you found the dogs! I can’t imagine how much of a wreck I’d be. Hope you get some good relaxing in.

@gh1219 I had the same thought yesterday about my size! I can’t believe this is only halfway. I have a feeling this is going to be a big baby (we have a history of big babies in my family...)

@luckypenny11 Thank you! It’s crazy, things have only gotten worse and more tense since these agents have been here, which worries me most. So far it’s all been relegated to maybe 2-5 blocks downtown but who knows what will happen with no one backing down. Lucky for us, life still feels normal if we don’t watch the news or go downtown from midnight to 5AM.

@tryingktogku I’ve told my group I’d close friends our name (two of them are pregnant themselves) and my step kids, but that will probably be it in terms of people I know in real life haha. I don’t think we’ll tell the parents until after it comes because it may be a little funky for them and it’s fun keeping it a surprise.

• karmbakarmba member
    @tryingktogku our plan is not to tell anyone our name.  I just don't want to hear any opinions on it haha.  We did the same thing last time. Everyone knew he was a boy but not the name, that way there is still a small element of surprise.

@gingkomama I need to break out my pregnancy pillow!  Lately our smaller dog has been using it as a bed haha.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15, 19 weeks 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Baby is the size of a Mango

Upcoming appointments: 20 week anatomy scan on 7/28, this is when we will be finding out the gender!

How are you feeling: Other than a few charlie horses now and then, not too bad. 

Rants/Raves: Nothing currently 

Questions: Not sure if i can post this here, but does anyone have any information/ recommendations about good doctors/hospitals to deliver in Los Angeles area? We are military and they are sending us to that area in the next two months!

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? All of the ways that they could have gotten rid of Alex Karev other than the horrible one they decided to go with. 
  • karmbakarmba member
    @lmabarylopez I'm not in the LA area - but I recommend joining a local mom group on Facebook and asking for recommendations.  I'm in a few for my area and they're a really good way to get info on schools, neighborhoods, doctors etc.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Thank you so much! I am new to all of this! @karmba
  • flip25flip25 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    12/3, 20+6

FTM/STM/STM+: 
    FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 
    Just found out it's a boy!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 
    Box of dryer sheets...random.

Upcoming appointments: 
    8/17

How are you feeling: 
    Mostly pretty good. I've been very stressed about work and when that happens I usually forget to eat, drink water, etc. So I'm really trying to pay attention to that as we get into our busy season at work. 

Rants/Raves: 
    We had a small gender reveal the other day with our parents and my husband's grandparents. We haven't seen everyone together since January so it was really great, and we also had my brothers on zoom to see us shoot off blue powder!

Questions:
    I have so many questions that I don't even know where to begin. I'm hoping to meet up with a friend this week to talk about her opinions on certain things to register for and ask her some of my questions.

Harry Potter 😂 or cookie decorating. I HATE public speaking so even those would be terrifying. 
  • hham10hham10 member
    @gh1219 I would love to hear how the Peloton is! I’ve heard good things. We only have an elliptical right now so I’m starting to really want one. We are getting an inground pool installed in a couple weeks so it may have to wait a little but hopefully can start looking into one in the near future. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/20/2020, 18+3

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: the size of the red stapler from The Office

Upcoming appointments: 8/7 for the 20 week scan!

How are you feeling: I’m exhausted all the time. I have chronic fatigue to begin with, so growing a human isn’t really helping. 

Rants/Raves: None right now. 

Questions: Nothing new. 

GTKY: What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Either baking or Disney. I used to be a professional baker and currently work for the mouse. 

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020