Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check-in July 20th

edited July 2020 in Pregnant after IF
<ul><li>How far along/EDD?</li><li>How are you feeling this week?</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions?</li><li>Any upcoming appointments?</li><li>GTKY:  What's your favourite form of self-care, and how do you make time for it?</li></ul><p>Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.</p><p>Calling!! </p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/angelina1919">@angelina1919</a> EDD 7/29</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/cashewchicken">@cashewchicken</a> EDD 8/8</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/businesswife">@businesswife</a> EDD 8/21</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/31magnolia">@31magnolia</a> EDD 9/8 (Girl)</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/artemis618">@artemis618</a> EDD 9/2 (Boy)</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/mtpbadger">@mtpbadger</a> EDD 11/13</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/omarismyhomeboy">@omarismyhomeboy</a> EDD 12/24</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/vetgirl2011">@vetgirl2011</a> EDD 11/17</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/stella_700">@stella_700</a> EDD 12/28</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/the_road_to_oz">@the_road_to_oz</a> EDD 12/31</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/callingthestork">@callingthestork</a> EDD 3/3</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/laurelew">@laurelew</a> EDD 3/4</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/Kimbrlyg814">@Kimbrlyg814</a> EDD 3/4</p>

Re: All Trimester Check-in July 20th

• edited July 2020
    <ul><li>How far along/EDD? 35+3 / Aug 21</li><li>How are you feeling this week? Tired, sore, definitely slowing down lol</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave: so happy my weight has been pretty stable!  Trying to maintain as much as possible from here on out, and I am amazed that despite a few treats here and there, I really haven't gained.  The BUMP has gotten bigger tho! Lol. I ordered a few things I need to wash and finish pulling together my hospital bag in the next day or two.</li><li>Any upcoming appointments? Not till next week, and I am loving the break.</li><li>GTKY:  What's your favourite form of self-care, and how do you make time for it? Before all this I would have said a massage or pedicure, but mostly that's out the window... I will however be getting prenatal massage next Tuesday!!! 🎉 Mostly I try to find some quiet moments in the morning or in the evening to read, pray etc.</li></ul>
    • How far along/EDD? 7w2d EDD 3/6/2020 ❤️
    • How are you feeling this week? So far so good! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rants: spotting ugh! Even though it’s from the suppositories it’s still so unnerving. Messes with my PGAL brain. RAVES: still so thankful we’ve made it this far and all appointments have gone well so far. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? First OB appointment on 7/27. It cannot come soon enough!
    • GTKY:  What's your favourite form of self-care, and how do you make time for it? I think downtime in general. Working from home because of COVID blurs the lines between work and home a bit, so any moment I have to just rest, relax and pray or do nothing is the best kind of self care. Especially now! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for starting this @BusinessWife! I was just in the process of creating one and then saw it was already here. Slow start this morning and not enough sleep last night. 

• How far along/EDD? 32w6d
    • How are you feeling this week? Today very bad hip joint pain, so not a lot of sleep happening at night. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant - Had my virtual baby shower this past weekend. It was so nice! My mom and sister went all out and I really appreciated it. Almost everyone who was invited joined in on zoom. And I had to try and stop getting emotional when ppl would talk, but my sis did a good job of loosening things up with the games. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB on 7/28.
    • GTKY:  What's your favorite form of self-care, and how do you make time for it? Good question. I can't even remember. Lol. I would say when I used to go to the salon, either hair or pedicure or a massage. 
    @BusinessWife - I'm finally breaking down and getting a prenatal massage, too. I am in so much pain I just have to. 

@Kimbrlyg814 - I hope the spotting stops soon! Glad you have your next U/S on Monday. 

• No problem! @31magnolia omg I hear you on the not enough sleep part.  I got DH up at 515, and then by the time I'm done with his stuff, DD was walking up too.  At least she went down for a nap on the earlier side, so maybe I can get some much-needed rest.  My ap for this week literally said, "Nap whenever you can!" Lol done and done.

@kimbrlyg814 so much yes, to the lines being blurred.  I'm not WFH, but 100% momming from home, which still means there's really no off switch.  Sometimes just putting my phone down and clearing my head for a few minutes is the best thing.
    • How far along/EDD? 7w4d, EDD 3/4/2021, baby boy
    • How are you feeling this week? The nausea has fully kicked in.  I am not one to throw up (haven't done so since at least high school) so while I haven't been spending my days over the toilet, I am so over the feeling of being queasy/nauseous all day, every day.  I just picked up some B6 this morning so hopefully that helps a little.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? See above.  Also the cravings and food aversions have been interesting and frustrating.  This morning around 10:30am I found myself craving tortilla chips and salsa -- I told my husband that this kid is definitely his.  He's very much a savory snacker and also a huge fan of any and all Mexican food.
    • Any upcoming appointments?  Another great ultrasound this morning.  My little one grew a lot in the past week.  Last Monday he was measuring 6w3d and today he is measuring 7w6d.  His heartbeat also increased from 118bpm to 159pbm.  I have officially graduated from my RE.  Next appt will not be until Aug 11 with my OB.  Three more weeks to go!
    • GTKY:  What's your favorite form of self-care, and how do you make time for it?  Massages!  I had a wonderful masseuse who has a she-shed in her backyard where she gives massages and it is so relaxing.  I had my last massage in mid-March, just before everything shut down.  The past week I have had a knot in my upper back at the base of my neck (my usual spot) that was causing me a lot of pain.  I finally convinced my DH to give me a back massage over the weekend and he actually did a really good job.  So I guess he'll be my fill in masseuse for now. ;)
  • @laurelew congratulations on the awesome ultrasound!!!! Such a great feeling and wonderful news. I’m so happy for you! Sorry you’re experiencing nausea. It can be terrible! So worth it though. Hang in there!

@BusinessWife yay for steady weight. I’m sure it’s such a relief. Hoping you can find some self care time too! Sounds like you’re a busy mama!

@31magnolia get that prenatal massage girl! Treat yourself. You deserve it!

• cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited July 2020
    • How far along/EDD? 37+2/Aug 8
    • How are you feeling this week? Alright! Still pregnant after the false labor on Friday. I went in for an NST appointment last Friday where they picked up frequent contractions, and I was then sent over to L&D. After two cervical checks later, nurses thought I was in labor so I was told to get myself comfortable since I’m not going home. Oh I was so not prepared. I didn’t have the bags packed even. After 6 my OB finally arrived, assessed me and thought that I wasn’t in labor yet so I was discharged! Apparently NST was just picking up contractions/Braxton Hicks that I wasn’t even aware of and that contractions are more easily picked up when you are skinny. I must have also been dehydrated since chugging lots of water the past two days made the BH go away. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Happy to still be pregnant. Gave us extra time to get ready for this baby, haha. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? NST tomorrow and probably Fri 
    • GTKY:  What's your favourite form of self-care, and how do you make time for it? I don’t do much self-care, I’m just so lazy. But now that I’m in my forties, I do realize that I need to. I look so haggard now. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • @cashewchicken you’re getting so close. Very exciting! Enjoy every moment of preparation ❤️
  • @cashewchicken oof! Sorry about the false labor scare! Hopefully now this gives you a little more time to finish packing and prepare... ❤️ So exciting though!
  • Hi everyone.   Good to hear your baby is growing well, @lauralew.  And sorry that there is still spotting @Kimbrlyg814.
    Thanks for explaining the abbreviations.  How early can RPL start?   I get a sharp cramp in my lower left side when I roll over in bed,  did with the last one too.  

I'm afraid I got bad news today.  Apparently I had a bit more than a garden variety SCH going on.  My endometrium is full of blood, clots, and perhaps fibroids.   The RE couldn't get a clear picture with all the stuff going on.  She said it didn't look good and sent me to MFM, where the same ultrasound tech who assisted with the embryo transfer did a scan.  The tech was so nice.  But she told DH and I that there wasn't even a gestational sac anymore. 

My RE believes that the embryo was probably perfectly normal but that my uterus just didn't do what it needed to.  She isn't against me trying again,  but brought up surrogacy for the second time.  After a couple months, she wants to do another saline-infused sonogram and go from there (I did have one before this transfer).  The whole fibroid thing is a new diagnosis for me.   Somehow, this loss seems easier than the surprise mmc at 11 weeks, maybe because I've spent the last two weeks being terrified about losing the pregnancy and now at least the uncertainty is over.

We have 2 embryos left--we did five cycles to get 5 embryos.   I will not do more retrievals because I don't want my kids to inherit my endometriosis and crappy immune system, so we'd be looking at donor eggs if we wanted more embryos.   I almost feel like it is selfish and morally wrong to try to get pregnant again.  But I want to carry and nurse a baby!  And it is SO much more affordable than a gestational carrier which just feels freakishly weird but perhaps is the responsible choice? Uggghh this is so frustrating!   Anyway.  Good luck to all of you!  You ladies must carry on!
    • How far along/EDD? 22wks+6 ( @BusinessWife could you put my EDD as 11/17, please?)
    • How are you feeling this week? Still feeling good, but having some hip pain at night. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I love feeling my little guy kicking! (I do wish he wouldn’t kick my bladder so much!) I feel so much less anxious now that I can feel him all the time. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow for a regular OB appointment 
    • GTKY:  What's your favourite form of self-care, and how do you make time for it? I just had a prenatal massage this past weekend! It was wonderful! I also enjoy reading for 30 minutes or so before bedtime. 
    @callingthestork I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself! ❤️

@cashewchicken How stressful! I’m glad you get a little longer to prepare!

• @callingthestork oh dear, yes RLP can start pretty early, even before there's a lot of obvious pregnancy symptoms, I think it's more hormonal. I'm so sorry about your loss.  It is a tough, tough journey IF and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  It sounds like you have some choices ahead of you; hopefully you get some clarity with the saline Sono and more talks with YH and providers. (((Hugs))) take care of yourself. ❤️
  • @callingthestork I’m sorry for the rollercoaster you’ve been on. You’re so strong. Praying for you and your husband as you make decisions on next steps. And for your heart and you process everything from today ❤️
  • @callingthestork I’m so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. Hugs. 
  • @callingthestork I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I have been thinking of you these past few days.  Sending lots of <3 to you during this time of healing.

• @callingthestork - I echo everyone else in saying I'm so sorry. Sending Hugs.

• @vetgirl2011 - I hear you on the bladder. My little one likes to just sit there. It's very uncomfortable. 

@cashewchicken - You're so close!

• @angelina1919 Congratulations!!! The first two weeks is NOT easy to say the least. I don’t remember much of it, it was all a blur. But you’ll get through it and you’ll get used to the exhaustion too, believe it or not.
  • @angelina1919 Congratulations!!!  I have been thinking of you guys!  Glad to hear you're both safe and sound, despite any bumps in the road.  Pumping and supply stuff can be so hard, but it sounds like you're doing awesome! (((Hugs)))
  • @angelina1919 - CONGRATS! I was thinking about you Monday and was going to tag you for an update. Lol. Glad to hear things are settling down. 
  • Hi all. 
    Thanks for the consoling words and support.  DH and my sister have been awesome as well.

Congratulations to @angelina1919!!!

I wanted to share a silver lining to the Coronavirus crisis for pregnant people:  apparently preterm births are WAY down.   (New York Times article.) https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/19/health/coronavirus-premature-birth.html
    Happy Trails 
  • @callingthestork Thank you for sharing that article. :)

@2dogsmom Best of luck with your ultrasound tomorrow!  Let us know how it goes.

• @callingthestork so sorry you are going through all of that!! You’ll be in my thoughts!! I just read that NYT article the other day — very cool!!

@angelina1919 congratulations!!!!
  • edited July 2020
    Well DH is finally starting to have it sink in, I think, that we will have a new baby in the house very soon!  So I got the go-ahead to order the Cradle 😍 that comes tomorrow.  As well as some other things on the completion discount that will be good to have ready on hand.  I brought the pnp down from the attic yesterday, which necessitated a rearrangement of the livingroom, so I'm glad because I figured we would need some time living with it to fine tune that.  Just have to get the changer tray and bassinet level down today, so that's all ready for bedding and diaper caddy setup.  I will most likely work this week on washing all the soft surfaces and reassembling the bouncer, rocker, and jeez - maybe even the carseats if I am ambitious enough!

A couple other fun projects on the go; I plan to diy a few Montessori mobiles for early, days, so that should be super fun if I can pull that off!  Oh my, it just occurred to me yesterday how nice it is to just be home and even have the headspace to think about fun little craft projects like that. :) We are getting so close!

I had a doula recommended by a friend, since the other one fell through, who says something about a virtual consult today or first thing tomorrow?  Eep!  So I may have to get showered and dressed here and figure out if DH can take a few minutes to try that with me???  We are so non virtual tho, omg I have no idea what he's going to say when I pitch this to him! 😅
  • @callingthestork I’m so sorry to hear about your news but glad your sister and DH are being so supportive. DH and I had looked into surrogacy after several failed transfers and ended up signing with an attorney and were waiting to be matched while still working with our RE to exhaust every option just for peace of mind. We ended up not needing to go that route but it took me awhile to get to the point of even researching that option and having to possibly grieve carrying a baby. I was able to talk with several women who used the attorney and they all said the same thing - as soon as you have that baby in your arms it didn’t really matter that you didn’t physically carry it. It’s been a few years and we didn’t get very far into the surrogacy process but if you have any questions, I’m more than happy to try and answer anything
  • @mtpbadger. Thank you so much, I may have a ton of questions in a month or two!   I am hoping to get test results from placental tissue--the nurse said that is a long shot, though.  

• @BusinessWife It sounds like things are rocking and rolling over at your house. :)  Exciting news about the prospective doula.  I feel your pain with having to wake up and get a shower first thing in the morning for virtual chats.  I may be doing the same tomorrow morning with a daycare in the area. 
  • Hi all, I got too excited too soon.... I’ve been part of the infertility club for so long I was so happy to be pregnant. However our pgs perfect embryo stopped growing during week 6 so I’m miscarrying. Hopefully I’ll be back on this board someday, but in the meantime thanks for letting me be a part of it and I wish you all healthy pregnancies and happiness with your babies. 
  • @2dogsmom - I'm so sorry. Wishing you the best of luck. Take care of yourself. (hugs)

• @2dogsmom I’m sorry. Please take care of yourself. Hope you’re back on this board soon. 
  • @2dogsmom I’m so sorry to hear your news and I have no doubt you’ll be back. Don’t beat yourself up for getting excited, you had every right to be and it was exciting!! Take care of yourself and hang in there
  • @2dogsmom I'm so sorry to hear the news.  I've been thinking about you.  Sending you lots of <3 during this difficult time. <3
  • @2dogsmom so so sorry! Sending love and prayers your way ❤️
  • @2dogsmom, so very, very sorry about your loss.  You'll be back here soon, I hope.  💚  Hugs & prayers 
  • @2dogsmom I’m so very sorry. Take care of yourself. We hope to see you back on this board soon. ❤️
  • @2dogsmom I am so sorry for your loss.  ❤️. I'm glad you got to enjoying the well-deserved happiness while it lasted (((hugs)))
  • @laurelew DH of course had to point out that they can't smell me through the computer!??? 😂 👍👍