Pregnant after IF

All Trimesters Check-in July 13th

31magnolia31magnolia member
edited July 2020 in Pregnant after IF
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Where is the next place on your travel bucket list and why?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl) - Baby girl is here. YAY!!

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl) - Baby girl is here. YAY!!

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy) - Baby boy is here. YAY!!

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 (Girl)

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@vetgirl2011 EDD???

@stella_700 EDD 12/28

@the_road_to_oz EDD 12/31

@callingthestork EDD 3/3

@laurelew EDD 3/4

@Kimbrlyg814 EDD 3/4

Re: All Trimesters Check-in July 13th

• How far along/EDD? 6w4d EDD 3/4/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? So far so good! Spotting is barely there. Nausea or extreme hunger comes and goes. Feeling overall good and positive. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Raves - I’m feeling good and so thankful! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Wednesday for my first ultrasound. So nervous because our last two pregnancies revealed something wrong at the first ultrasound. 
    • GTKY: Where is the next place on your travel bucket list and why? Not sure it would be the next place, but one day I would love to go to Italy... for obvious reasons... food, history, scenery, wine (once I can drink it again)
    • How far along/EDD? 36+2/Aug 4
    • How are you feeling this week? Okay. Occasional RLP but otherwise good. And my mom is here to help out so it’s been great. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? On my mat leave now! Hoping the baby will stay until the due date so that I can enjoy 3 full weeks of mat leave. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? NST Tuesday and Friday, 36 week growth scan on Friday. And diabetes on Fri, I think?
    • GTKY: Where is the next place on your travel bucket list and why? I have several countries on the list: Singapore, Taiwan and Spain (and many more but those are the countries I’d like to visit first). But with COVID-19 and a newborn, we won’t be traveling for a long time. Traveling with kids ain’t easy. Probably the first place I’ll go after everything is back to normal is Hawaii. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Loading the player...
    • How far along/EDD? @31magnolia edd is 12/31 😉 15 weeks 4 days
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling better today. Insurance refused to cover enough of the zofran, so I ended up back in the hospital (twice) last week. Doctor ended up writing me a script for the liquid on top of the pills and dissolve ones so I should be able to get what I need between the three. So stupid- by refusing to cover a $60 script they ended up $4100 in the hole. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? My rant was above- rave I took a mental health half day and my son and I went to the lake. We needed some normal. We were able to stay 6 feet away from people very very easily 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Normal OB on the 29th
    • GTKY: Where is the next place on your travel bucket list and why? I traveled a lot when I was younger- honestly I’m kinda a homebody now. I’d like to drive up to Niagara Falls maybe - it’s about 4 hours- and spend a day or two being a tourist. But no like big international trips. We’ve been to Disney a few times so we won’t go again until after covid is handled. 
    @cashewchicken I’m glad you get some time to decompress before baby! I worked until I went into labor with my son and it’s .... a lot. I have short term disability for up to six months if I have medical issues and my doctor already said she’s planning to write me out two weeks before my 37 week induction because of Covid- looking forward to that, not going to lie 😂

• @laurelew how beautiful! I’m ecstatic for you and I’m sure it was such a lovely moment. I’ll update you Wednesday! 
    • How far along/EDD? 22w3d / Nov 13
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired. Not sure if it’s the heat/humidity, doing too much outside or just not sleeping well but I was a zombie yesterday. Feeling like this belly can’t get bigger but then I still have 17 weeks to go 😳 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? My MIL is delusional. She called Saturday night at 9pm asking us to meet up Sunday and then when we told her a park and time she said that didn’t work for her bc it was too early. Sorry were dealing with heat, a pregnant lady and a toddlers schedule. Then when they arrived, they didn’t respect us asking to keep their distance and just kept saying they don’t really go anywhere. Doesn’t matter, until we feel comfortable, please respect what we ask. And she’s making all these plans for when the baby comes, like watching DD (mind you, she has NEVER watched DD in 25 months so no way am I leaving my daughter with her overnight while I’m in the hospital), visiting at the hospital (nope, not gonna happen) and thanksgiving (nope, not going to their house or anywhere with flu season, possible covid still and a newborn). Ugh! Sorry, needed to vent!
    • Any upcoming appointments? Nothing till Aug 14 with Ob for glucose testing, tdap shot, and will start growth ultrasounds then and will continue every 2-3 weeks until I deliver to make sure there’s no signs of growth restriction like I had with DD
    • GTKY: Where is the next place on your travel bucket list and why? Oh man, anywhere in Europe, the national parks, would love to go to glacier national park someday 

• @Kimbrlyg814 glad to hear the spotting is almost gone! That’s gotta be a relief! Fingers crossed for a great US on Wednesday!

@cashewchicken home stretch! That’s awesome you get maternity leave before your due date, hopefully you can relax and enjoy it!

@the_road_to_oz insurance doesn’t make sense sometimes. Hopefully with the new combo, you’re good to go....despite insurance trying to deny it. The trip to the lake sounds wonderful! 

@laurelew yay for another great US! Ugh, the PIO, hang in there, almost done!
  • Had a bit of a scare around 4am this morning.  I was woken out of my sleep by painful cramps.  I've gotten mild versions of these over the past 2-3 weeks.  It seems to happen when I sleep on my stomach (which should be safe to do in the first trimester).  I'm not sure if it's from having a full bladder and the additional pressure of being a stomach sleeper or what.  

Anyway so I wake up from the cramps and go to the bathroom thinking that relieving my bladder might help but the cramping was so painful I had to lie on the bathroom floor for a minute or two.  I wasn't panicked but then when I finally did manage to go to the bathroom a little bit I wiped and saw red blood.  :/   Of course that freaked me out quite a bit.  I called my husband from the other room and made him sit with me as I went back to lying on the floor again.  After less than 5 minutes the cramps subsided and when I wiped again, things looked better.  My husband reminded me that I had just had the vaginal ultrasound that morning and it could have caused irritation and the bleeding.  Not a fun sight to see though!

I haven't had any more cramping or spotting since then.  I called my RE's office this morning to report what happened and they agree with me that it probably isn't anything to worry about but that if I start bleeding more or if the cramps return, then I should call them to let them know.  Needless to say I didn't have the most restful sleep last night.  :(
  • @laurelew that must have been so scary. Sending prayers your way for you and your sweet little baby ❤️
  • Thanks @Kimbrlyg814 .  I'm trying to stay calm but won't feel completely reassured until my next ultrasound on July 20th.  Best of luck with your ultrasound tomorrow!!  Can't wait to hear how it went and to hopefully see some beautiful pictures.

• @laurelew I can imagine the waiting will be tough. Hoping it goes so quickly for you. Thank you! I’m SO nervous because the first ultrasound historically has revealed bad news. So feeling a bit anxious but excited too. Praying we have a strong heartbeat tomorrow! 
  • @laurelew I’m so sorry you had to deal with that, how scary! Is your RE willing to move up your US at all? Hopefully it was a fluke episode and it won’t happen again and you can find something to distract for the next week

@Kimbrlyg814 good luck tomorrow! Sending you good thoughts and positive vibes!
  • @Kimbrlyg814 I’m glad that spotting has stopped. Good luck on ultrasound tomorrow!
    @the_road_to_oz I hope you don’t have medical issues but I hope you get much needed two-week break before the due date. 
    @laurelew I’m sorry you had a scary incident last night but I’m glad it’s over though. About the PIO shots, my clinic’s policy is to just use PIO for two days and then switch to vaginal progesterone. So if you can’t tolerate the PIO shots anymore, that’s one option. I’m trying to enjoy the next three weeks with my son but it’s so hard. I have so much stuff to do and I’m so exhausted all the time. 
    @mtpbadger I’m sorry about your MIL. If she’s never watched your DD, I’d be nervous about letting her do that too. And visiting you at the hospital, it probably won’t happen with the Coronavirus anyway (but good excuse to keep people you don’t like away). 
  • <ul><li>How far along/EDD? 34w / Aug 21</li><li>How are you feeling this week? SPD is still a thing, but possibly showing mild improvement, so yay? But generally tired and starting to feel the pressure of various last-minute things before baby arrives...</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions? Doula backed out afterall, so I'm kinda back to square one support-wise.  And I sense DH warming up to the idea of having a doula present so... Maybe I will have to make some calls. :/ I ordered a peanut ball and the Catholic Woman's Guide to Childbirth, so now I just need to make the time to use, process and do the work on all these awesome birth preparation resources, including my KOPA material.  Plus prepare / update our birthplan.  I think those things will help me feel more at ease about the whole L&D thing as we get closer and closer...</li><li>Any upcoming appointments? Televisit was short and uneventful, however we did discuss the possibility of declining the "position check" / growth scan at my 37w appointment.  I have another in person apt prior, so we will revisit the conversation at that point.</li><li>GTKY: Where is the next place on your travel bucket list and why?  Oof, hard to think about travel right now, but Italy, Germany, Greece / Mediterranean for historical and family heritage reasons.  Alaska bc omg, Alaska!</li></ul>
  • @mtpbadger When I talked to the nurse from the RE's office I was feeling pretty confident it was nothing so I was okay with waiting until Monday for the u/s.  It wasn't until after I got off the call that all of the doubt started to set in.  However the unsettled feeling in my stomach/nausea continues to increase with each passing day, which I am taking to be a good sign.  I think I should be okay waiting.  No further cramping or spotting -- so far so good.

@BusinessWife I'm so sorry to hear about the doula backing out.  Is it due to COVID concerns at all or something else?  I hope that you are able to find someone to take her place and be that support person for you during L&D.

@Kimbrlyg814 Hoping everything went well today. <3
  • Update: there is a baby in there with a strong heartbeat measuring right on time to my due date. Adjusted due date is March 6, 2021 because it’s based on the FET date not lmp (had no idea)! Feeling at ease! My clinic released patience after the heartbeat is seen and heard (which is was 🙌🏻) so I have an exit call with them this afternoon to determine weaning schedule for progesterone and estrogen. First appointment with OBGYN is 7/27! 
    • How far along/EDD? 32w1d
    • How are you feeling this week? The same. Things are just getting a little more uncomfortable.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant - Baby is still measuring 2 weeks ahead, so doctor is says we may not be be able to do a vaginal birth, but she's remaining hopeful. Honestly, I'm not sure if I prefer vaginal or cesarean. Regardless, it looks like I would be induced at 39 weeks. Oh, I met with the cadio doctor. She wants to do an echo in a couple of weeks and have me wear a heart monitor for 4 weeks and then we'll see what happens.  Rave - Virtual baby shower is this weekend, so I'm kind of excited for that. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB 7/28; cardio 7/27 & 8/6
    • GTKY: Where is the next place on your travel bucket list and why? I so want to go back to Europe, but honestly I would settle for just flying outside my state right now to some place like Portland or Mexico. I just want a vacation soooooo bad and who knows when we'll get to go on another one after the baby is here. 
    @Kimbrlyg814 - So happy to hear that the spotting is lessening and the baby's heartbeat is strong! Yay!!

@lauralew - Sending you positive vibes. It's a good sign that the spotting has stopped. Hurry up and get her Monday! I know at the beginning I was a nervous wreck between each ultrasound and HB appointment. We'd go to the appointment and everything would be find and I would be calm for about 3-5 days and then the anxiety would start all over again!

@BusinessWife - I need to get a birth plan together. I also wanted to take some classes but I'm finding that might be hard to do. I'll need to really see what's out there. 

@mtpbadger - I don't what to say about your MIL. I would be upset too! Your space and wants should definitely be respected! 

@the_road_to_oz - I added your date! Lol. Thanks for letting me know. Insurance companies are so weird sometimes. Honestly, I think they must like going the most expensive route. It happens so often!

@cashewchicken - That's so nice that you get to start maternity leave now!!!

• @Kimbrlyg814 I am SOOO excited to hear it!  Congrats, girl!!!  That's exciting to graduate and have your OB appt coming up so soon.  I've already scheduled my OB appt since I'm set to graduate from the RE next week and the earliest they could get me in was Aug 11 (and not even with my doctor either).

@31magnolia My sister recently gave birth via scheduled c-section due to some medical concerns not connected to the birth.  While I don't think that it is many people's first choice, I think she did find it nice to know her delivery date (unlike her first).  In spite of the additional pandemic procedures, I think the entire experience was rather quick and stress free.  Plus she knew that she would get to have her OB do the surgery (instead of a vaginal birth where you could have had any of the doctors from the practice).  No matter which was you have to go, it sounds like you're in good hands. :)

• @31magnolia I had c-section after attempting vaginal birth with my first and recovery wasn’t too bad. Since I went through 30 hours of labor plus 3 hours of pushing before the c-section, I was exhausted on the day I delivered but the next day I was feeling much better. Some of my friends had scheduled c-section and they said it really wasn’t too bad. 

This time around, I’ve scheduled a repeat c-section but my OB and I discussed that if I went into labor before the c-section day, I could try VBAC. We’ll decide based on how smooth the labor progresses. 

I took several classes before birth (labor, breastfeeding and taking care of newborn? I think) but I didn’t get much out of them to be honest. These days there are so many books, websites and videos out there that I could have saved $ studying that way). Especially breastfeeding! I think it’s best to learn how with your baby in your arms ready to feed. I learned so much from lactation consultants that came around to my hospital room (free of charge by the way) showing me how to do it than from the breastfeeding class I took before birth. 

• @laurelew yeah, she said her husband is sick so that gives her pause, and two friends of hers confirmed covid+.  She said her parents are high risk, and to top it off, she heard about a doula NOT being let into the hospital afterall, they were told only staff doulas. 🤦 So who knows.  I'm back to planning like it's going to just be me and DH, but anything could happen in the end if I get a few names to reach out to...
  • Welcome @2dogsmom !  There are a few of us on here who are due in early March 2021 so you're in good company.  :)  What day is your ultrasound next week? 
  • @2dogsmom welcome to the group!!
  • Thank you for the welcome!!

My ultrasound is next Thursday, when I will be exactly 7 weeks. My RE likes to wait until we can see more, but I feel so impatient. I just want to know she is ok and growing like she should be. 
  • Congratulations! @2dogsmom it is So. Hard. to wait in the beginning.  When I found it hard to be patient, I tried to remind myself I was hopefully going to be pregnant for many more days, weeks and months(!) and that helped me to take some deep breaths in between appointments.  I have also seen the anguish and confusion that happens when early scans are too close together to see much of a difference because baby is still so teensy tiny!  And trust me, nobody wants that.  Hang in there.... (((Hugs)))
  • Hi everyone. 

@lauralew, what a fantastic ultra sound.  The cramping/spotting sounds awful, so hope it doesn't happen again.

@2dogsmom, nice that you're here!  Congratulations! 

How far along. 7 weeks 3 days.  EDD 3/3/21
    How am I feeling?   Hard to feel pregnant when I'm having a period twice a week!  Dang, it is scary to have so much bleeding.  Friday night I bled heavily all night and it took over 24 hours to stop.  No nausea either,  and I had nausea almost constantly with the last pregnancy, even for the week after the baby died. Just having faith that the baby is fine until I'm told otherwise. 

Questions. What do SPD and RLP mean? 

Upcoming appointment.  Monday morning we have an ultrasound with my RE.  Very nervous about that.

Travel, this weekend there is a rodeo/quick draw/street dance etc in the small town where I used to live and where my brother still is.  How I wish I could go and see the rodeo and visit everyone!   They don't have coronavirus there (but I live in an epicenter of it, sigh).  No traveling with my subchorionic hemorrhage,  though.  I can't even weed my garden!   Sorry for all the whining! 
  • @callingthestork I'm sorry to hear about the bleeding.  I can't even imagine how stressful that must.  It is so difficult in these early weeks to continue to have that faith that everything is fine in between ultrasounds, etc.  Wishing you the best tomorrow. <3
  • Kimbrlyg814Kimbrlyg814 member
    edited July 2020
    Ugh... spotting has begun again. This time pink. No cramping other than the normal tugging and pinches. It just makes my heart sink because it was brown before and now it is pink. I don’t go back in until 7/27. I left a message with the infertility clinic to see if there is anything I should do. 
  • @Kimbrlyg814 <3  These first few weeks are so stressful.  Hopefully the spotting turns out to be nothing, even though it's pink.  Let us know what your infertility clinic says.
  • @laurelew thank you. They called back and they believe it’s still irritation from the progesterone which is good. Just so nervous now to wait until my next appointment 😬
  • edited July 2020
    Pink and tugging / pulling can all be totally normal and good signs of baby nestling in there! @Kimbrlyg814 hang in there!!! ❤️

@callingthestork hoping the bleeding settles down for you! (((Hugs))) SPD is symphoid pubis dysfunction (or whatever Latin endings you want to sprinkle in there!)  Basically pain right in the front / center of the pelvis / pubic bone as the joints start to loosen up.  Super painful. 👍 RLP is much more common, round ligament pain, more under the bump and towards the sides, spreading out toward the hip bones.  Sometimes a deeper feeling more in the vag, if that makes sense, aka lightening crotch.  That's caused by the round ligaments loosening up, and/ or getting pulled a bit, especially when getting up quickly from a seated position.  The joys! :)
  • Ugh. I think I have SPD. I'll have to google it to find more info.