GTKY: Haircare Edition — The Bump
November 2020 Moms

GTKY: Haircare Edition

Share your tips and tricks here! What are your favorite products? Do you use lots of products or less-is-more? Are you an everyday washer or is dry shampoo your best friend? 

Me: 24 DH:40
Married: 10/12/2019
SD1 & 2: 12/01/2005
DS: EDD 11/07/2020

Re: GTKY: Haircare Edition

• bserenabserena member
    So i have always had really oily hair and so I have to wash it daily, but lately I have been trying to go longer between washes and "train" my hair to make less oil. There is an instagram account I love @jasmineraehairco - she is a hairdresser and shares all sorts of tips and tricks and I love her page.

I usually use herbal essences shampoo and conditioner, pretty much always have. I have never used many products, but I bought like a serum and "smoothing balm" from Lange a couple of months ago and use it after I shower and I love it! Not sure if it makes a huge difference but it smells good and my hair does feel silky when I use it.

mtengl
  • mtenglmtengl member
    I have had to switch my hair products because it is making me nausea. I still haven't found anything I love. I am curly hair and have been looking for pretty neutral scents (impossible) that I can also buy at Target or HEB instead of going to a speciality store or ordering. 
    bserena
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Olaplex Shampoo and conditioner because I have fine-ass wavy hair that hates everything. I use Kérestase Blow-Dry primer for damaged hair when I'm blowing it out/straightening. If I leave it curly, sometimes I use Bumble & Bumble curl creme; I'm not crazy with products for hair. I usually have 28" extensions (I took them out during the pandemic because they were starting to unravel) and my hair routine stays pretty much the same except I include EVO Bride of Gluttony as a co-wash and EVO Happy Campers leave-in.
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married: August 2015
    TTC since January 2018
    BFP#1: 12/25/18
    MMC: 2/1/19 D&C 2/7/19 
    BFP#2: 5/5/19
    MC: 6/9/19 D&C: 6/11/19
    Medicated Cycle: 1/31/20
    Letrozole + Novarel Trigger
    BFP#3: 2/24/20
    EDD: 10/5/20

bserena
  • I use Olaplex Shampoo and Conditioner as well as Redken Color Extend Blondage Purple Shampoo now that I am ombre and ashy blonde on the ends.  I have curly hair and have been wearing it curly pretty much the whole summer so far thanks to high humidity lol.  I use ColorProof SeaSugar Salt-Free Beach Spray and Moroccan Oil Curl Defining Cream (both make my hair smell amazing).  When I wear it flat ironed and then curled I use Kenra Blow Dry Spray and Kenra Dry Texture Spray.  My favorite to tame the frizz is Aveda Light Remedy, but they discontinued it so once I run out I will need to ask my stylist for an alternative solution.  

Pic of my hair from my appointment two weeks ago. My stylist always makes it look so awesome

bserenaKateBee
  • babywiikbabywiik member
    It's definitely less is more for my hair. I have long hair that I always wear up in a bun (98% of the time) or in a braid so shampoo for oil, condition for tangles, and occasionally hairspray if I'm going somewhere/doing something a bit more formal and i dont want so many flyaway hairs😛 when I lived in America i used Suave almond and shea butter shampoo/conditioner. It worked well with my hair and didn't have a super strong smell.
  • I just started using this Acure shampoo and conditioner and I LOVE it! It smells amazing and it’s formulated for those who have to wash and condition their hair daily due to environmental conditions, heavy sweat, or oily hair. I’m a fitness instructor so I need to wash my hair often and dry shampoo has never done the trick for me. Plus it’s affordable and clean & cruelty free 🙂
  • bserenabserena member
    @lalarose22 ooh I might have to try that! I have been looking for a new shampoo & conditioner!

lalarose22