1st Trimester

Small gestational sac?

Hi! I am currently 7w5d after ivf and we just had our 2nd u/s yesterday. The gestational sac is measuring right at a week behind baby (who is right on track). Since the sac grew a full 7 days worth since last week, our re is pleased and is ready to release us to our ob after one more u/s. Naturally, I've turned to Dr. Google and am driving myself insane. So, just looking for similar experiences (with or without happy endings so that I can try to prepare myself for our scan next week. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Small gestational sac?

• Hi! I am currently 7w5d after ivf and we just had our 2nd u/s yesterday. The gestational sac is measuring right at a week behind baby (who is right on track). Since the sac grew a full 7 days worth since last week, our re is pleased and is ready to release us to our ob after one more u/s. Naturally, I've turned to Dr. Google and am driving myself insane. So, just looking for similar experiences (with or without happy endings so that I can try to prepare myself for our scan next week. Thanks in advance!!
    I’m sure it’s hard, but I bet your doctor knows more than Dr Google. Do your best to trust them.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Definitely appreciate a voice of reason. Thank you 😊
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, I don’t even measure the gestational sac when I can see a fetal pole. The length of the fetal pole is most accurate in dating when it can be seen. Measuring the gestational sac can be off if you don’t get perfectly perpendicular when switching plains and I haven’t seen adverse outcomes from one that’s too small or too large. As long as baby is measuring on track and has a good heart rate, try not to worry! I know it’s hard but your RE has seen tons of pregnancies and knows best!
  • Super helpful!! Thank you so much!
  • Dr.Google vs. A trained professional that is close to releasing you to a regular ob/gyn???  Stay away from Dr. Google, trust the ones that work their whole career in these situations!