November 2020 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Rocking Chairs/Gliders

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week we're discussing Rocking Chairs/Gliders! 

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to navigate and respond to.

For S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite rocking chair/glider:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it:
  • Is there a rocking chair/glider you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a rocking chair/glider you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on rocking chairs/gliders?:

For FTMs:

• Rocking chair/glider you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:

To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see

here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Aqb8MGEYn0PQtTuPg16w7-ypItLmVIMNyU5AteGqodM/edit?usp=sharing

Re: Product Spotlight: Rocking Chairs/Gliders

• Options
    • Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice: I was dead set on getting a glider that had a recliner foot rest. I also wanted a darker fabric to cover stains. I also didn’t want a traditional rocker for fear of smashing LO fingers and Weenie dog tails.
    • Cost: $320, but I had a 20% off coupon. It was bought right after Black Friday from Target. I can’t tell for sure but it may no longer be available.
    • What you like and don't like about it: quiet, glider with reclining foot rest. I wish the arm rests would have been wider, it’s a little too modern looking for my taste.
    • Is there a rocking chair/glider you don't have but are considering? I plan to move my current glider into the newborns room.
    • Other considerations: My sister-in-law had a decently comfortable wooden one with cushions and it squeaked like crazy. (Recently purchased). It about drove me insane  when I stayed with them for a little bit. I would imagine it’s fixable.
  • Options
    • Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice: My MIL has been so generous for all four of our kids. So this was her gift for baby 1.
    • Favorite rocking chair/glider: 
    • Link/picture: https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/dutailier-reg-ultramotion-round-back-sleigh-glider-and-nursing-ottoman-in-espresso-chocolate/1045910326
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $739.99 
    • What you like and don't like about it: Its mainly just been a rocker if that makes sense. I bought it with baby 1. I didn’t think or want a rocking chair. We were living in a very small condo in DC and the last thing I wanted was a rocker. My MIL thought it was a “you need this” item. I wasn’t convinced. So the selection process was or felt like a marathon of stores where I kind of didn’t care. That sounds so incredibly entitled and spoiled but I just didn’t want it or see it’s true need. That being said...this unwanted thing has been a champ, a lifesaver and amazing. I might not choose these colors now but 3 very significant moves later...it is a work horse and in good condition. It glides well, it’s quiet, it’s comfortable. We will ultimately after this baby have used it for about ten years. We still rock our two yr old to sleep. 
    • Is there a rocking chair/glider you don't have but are considering? Why?: No not really. 
    • Is there a rocking chair/glider you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: no
    • Additional thoughts on rocking chairs/gliders?: I found it invaluable. That being said you don’t HAVE to have one.  I probably didn’t use it so much with baby 1.  Baby 2 more so and baby 3...a lot.