October 2020 Moms

The Nursery Thread

Share your dreams, inspiration, designs, progress! Inclusive of all kinds of nurseries, whether it’s a corner of mom’s room or baby’s own suite. :)

Re: The Nursery Thread

• DD2 and DD1 nurseries. We are moving so we’ll see if baby #3 gets one lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyodo Amazing!!! Somehow I missed this back in April, I think!
  • @babyodo and @mckjacks those look amazing!! I love those murals! MH just finished painting our nursery this weekend, it’s a really pretty light purple. We’re also gonna install crown molding lights around the room that are gonna be a darker purple. And the cabinets to the right in the picture are gonna have Disney-themed posters on them, we’re going for a mix of Disney and fantasy themed decorations.
  • I’m loving everyone’s nurseries! 😍 We had painted our nursery room when we first bought our house two years ago because it was a god awful mix of pink and green shades that I couldn’t stand to look . We knew it would eventually be a nursery, so we painted it a gray color. My family came today and my handy grandpa helped me measure and hang up the baby name letters today! The glider chair I got for $20 off Facebook marketplace and cleaned up the cushions, and the crib was $50 from a coworker! 

On the wall above the dresser/changing table I am planning to put either classic Winnie the Pooh art prints from Amazon, or I may decoupage the “100 Aker Woodz” map scrapbook pages leftover from my name project to hang there too! I just have to decide which ones I really want lol. The decorations I currently have sitting on the dresser will be placed onto floating shelves that will hang on either side of the art prints.

• @carrotsandpeas3 can I hire you to come Totoro-ize my nursery?? I love it!
  • mamahoschmamahosch member
    edited June 2020
    @carrotsandpeas3 They turned out great!! I love the designs!
  • I'm jealous of all these beautiful nurseries. My son's room is basically a crib and bunches of toys everywhere. He slept in my room for the first year and we effectively used his room for storage. This LO will do the same thing and, if we're in the same place, they will probably share a room for a bit later. He doesn't have a theme beyond 'nerdyish' with a collection of Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and Babar the elephant.
    @babyodo I think you have my dream nursery. 
  • jgrodojgrodo member
    @carrotsandpeas3 wow that looks amazing! Love the decals. Just got our kangaroos in the mail. Now dh has to relocate his office so we can start. 

@mckjacks that looks incredible! I can't believe you did that free hand!!! 

Everyones nurseries are looking great! We really need to get started! 
  • I'm getting so jealous of all the glorious rooms! We're having an addition built, so I can't start really getting into anything until it's finished (let's hope before October). Maybe I'll start making some wall art to feel productive... 
  • AB518AB518 member
    Everyone's nurseries and big kid room are looking great!  Decorating the nursery for DS was my favorite part of preparing for his arrival.  I'm moving most likely at the end of this year, so this baby won't have her own room until next year.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Looks so good guys! We have nothing! Ugh 😩 This poor third child. We played with the idea of putting him in a nook in our room with a small roll away crib or pack n play. Then talked about putting him in DS’s room with him but DS is a light but VERY good sleeper and don’t want to mess that up. So now it looks like we are clearing out the office which was DDs room just a short 2 months ago. We moved her to the larger room across the house when I really needed a good space for teaching from home. So here’s to rearranging everything again. It’s also currently holding 7 years of teaching supplies and books and rugs and crap that I was only given 4 hours to clean out of my classroom at the end of the year piled in there. I have no clue where to put it all since I’m not teaching next year but eventually will return to the profession. If we ever get around to it we will probably do a forest bear/deer theme. Time is running out. This pregnancy flewwwwww.😫

• Well our crib came in, we donated our old crib to a women’s shelter after DD outgrew it. That’s all we have done. We decided that we’re seriously going to tackle it Labor Day weekend. So that gives us two months to get our stuff together to just do it. 
  • I’m loving all the nurseries! We’ve been unsure if we would be able to buy a house in time and we’re currently in a small 2 bedroom rental. I’ve designed a “corner” if we’d be bringing baby home here but haven’t purchased anything yet. And thank goodness because we are set to close on our new home 7/28!! Which means we’ll be bringing our daughter home to our forever home!!! BUT... it also means her nursery may not be complete in time which is no biggie cause the bassinet will be in our room to start.