Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check-in July 6th

31magnolia31magnolia member
edited July 2020 in Pregnant after IF
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What was your favorite age growing up and why?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl) - Baby girl is here. YAY!!

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl) - Baby girl is here. YAY!!

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy) - Baby boy is here. YAY!!

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 (Girl)

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@vetgirl2011 EDD???

@stella_700 EDD 12/28

@the_road_to_oz EDD???

@callingthestork EDD 3/3

@laurelew EDD 3/4

@Kimbrlyg814 EDD 3/4

Re: All Trimester Check-in July 6th

• How far along/EDD? 14w 4days
    • How are you feeling this week? Last week was better, back on the struggle bus. I’ve got a migraine and HG is kicking my butt. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? We went camping (in a camper) last week and had a good time! It was kinda last minute, but we stayed socially distancing and were able to be contained(had a bathroom, kitchen etc) swimming in a river had a good time! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Cardiologist this Thursday! 
    • GTKY: What was your favorite age growing up and why? I loved being three! I didn’t really “get” the bad things happening in the world yet. Sixteen was a lot of fun too, but I did a lot of things I really hope my kids never find out about. 😉

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps

• How far along/EDD? 5 weeks 4 days! March 4, 2021
    • How are you feeling this week? So far so good. Nervous still about the spotting because of PGAL brain. But other than the nerves and the occasional nausea, I’m feeling great. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? RAVES! HCG last Wednesday was 2,822 and today was 22,000! Praising and rejoicing! So very thankful! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next Wednesday (7/15) I have my first ultrasound and nothing until then. The wait is going to be tough! 
    • GTKY: What was your favorite age growing up and why? Hmmm... I think 11! Going into middle school was actually amazing and I made some life long friends and met my husband! 

@laurelew how was the ultrasound?!

@callingthestork how are you doing this week?! 

@the_road_to_oz looking fabulous!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• Loading the player...
    • How far along/EDD? 30w6d
    • How are you feeling this week? The heart rate is doing better this week. I just feel like the baby is taking up so much space, which is making it more uncomfortable to breathe, sleep, etc.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant - I'm running out of time and I haven't done anything baby related to the house. NOTHING. I still need to clear out the room for the contractor to come and paint, etc. Sad thing is I know I'm running out of time and it still doesn't motivate me to action! Another Rant - My SO and I still cannot agree on a name. :(
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB July 14, Cardio July 14
    • GTKY: What was your favorite age growing up and why? Probably 9/10. I was still carefree and felt invincible. 

@Kimbrlyg814 - That HCG number looks awesome! The wait for the ultrasound is killer at the beginning. It drove me crazy. 

@the_road_to_oz - Hahaha! The old do as I say and not what I do/did. Yeah, I'll be the same way for on certain things. 

• @31magnolia I had nothing when baby was born. We also didn't have his name until he was 2 days old. So, if anything, you have some time. 
  • cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited July 2020
    • How far along/EDD? 35+2/Aug 4
    • How are you feeling this week? Okay. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I just remembered that I prob should get a Tdap shot. Wonder if my OB just forgot or since this is my second pregnancy in 3 years she thought I don’t need it (though it’s recommended for each pregnancy)? Though with SIP, the chance of catching a whooping cough is probably really, really low since the baby will not come in contact with that many people before she gets her first DTap shot. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB tomorrow. Diabetes appointment on Fri and NST on Fri too. 
    • GTKY: What was your favorite age growing up and why? I guess 9-10? When I was a kid, I lived in a giant condo complex where roughly half of the kids from my school lived. So rain or shine, I always had at least 10+ people to play with and it was such a blast. Back then we didn’t have to worry about crimes or anything and we were allowed to play unsupervised and we often got on our bikes and traveled everywhere, as long as we get back home by 5pm. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
    • How far along/EDD? 21w3d; Nov 13
    • How are you feeling this week? Pretty good
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? DH has been able to feel some kicks here and there so that’s exciting! Still haven’t told work and really no plans to until they start recalling us back into the office 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB telephone appt on Friday
    • GTKY: What was your favorite age growing up and why? I think all of elementary school. No cares except figuring out what friends to play with on the weekend. There were a few neighborhood kids that we played with all the time...rode bikes all over, played in the woods, night games, and just having to be home by dinner or when we heard the parents yelling for us. 
  • @wildrainbow - Thanks. A couple of questions. I've heard that it's a pain in the butt to file all the paperwork if you don't have the name while in the hospital, is this true? How did you all eventually agree on a name?

@cashewchicken - I get upset sometimes that our kids won't be  able to experience that. We also would stay out all night and just play and ride our bikes. Times have changes so much!

@mtpbadger - When other ppl can start feeling the movement it really is exciting. My baby girl was either pushing my hand away while l was sleeping last night or trying to grab it. Lol. Every time I would turn over I would lay my arm and hand across my belly and she would move around (hands and legs) and push out. It was a VERY WEIRD feeling. I could feel her hands and feet. Lol.  - I also didn't tell anyone at work about the pregnancy until I was was 26 weeks and even then it was only my boss and the project manager of a project I'm on. I'll tell other ppl next week. Not having to actually be in the office has been wonderful!

• @31magnolia I don't know about the paper work , as we had a name before I discharged.  That said,  I was there for 4 days PP. As far as name,  we had two that we had for the front runners.  So we tooled both around until we settled on his name.  
    • How far along/EDD? 11/17 (21wks)
    • How are you feeling this week? I’ve had a lot of round ligament pain in the last week, but otherwise feel good still. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I have had the strangest and most vivid dreams recently. I actually woke up crying yesterday. Ugh!
    • Any upcoming appointments? 7/15 MFM appointment and 7/21 OB
    • GTKY: What was your favorite age growing up and why? I agree that elementary school years were pretty awesome. We were constantly outside riding bikes or at a park with our friends. 
    • How far along/EDD? 5w 6days, EDD March 4, 2020
    • How are you feeling this week? This week has been really rough for me so far.  Ultrasound went well on Monday.  Everything looks like it's supposed to.  However I've been feeling pretty down/depressed the past few days.  I generally suffer from depression during PMS each month and recognize that it is hormonal in nature.  It lasts for exactly one day and then I'm fine.  So I suspect that my current depression may be triggered by the pregnancy hormones and my sense of equilibrium being somewhat out of whack.  I also suffered what felt and still feels to me like a crushing blow early this year on my TTC journey and am still trying to come to terms with a life that will look very different than the one I had always hoped for.  
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Nope.
    • Any upcoming appointments?  I go back for my second ultrasound next Monday.
    • GTKY: What was your favorite age growing up and why?  Each age has its own advantages I guess.  I had a wonderful family life but felt socially disconnected from kids my age growing up even though I did have friends.
    @callingthestork I just caught up on your posts from last week.  How scary!  I'm happy to hear that everything still looks good.

@the_road_to_oz Looking good!  Your getaway last week sounds really nice.

@31magnolia Happy to hear your heart rate is better this week.  My "hobby" for the past two years (in addition to TTC) has been decorating my house.  I have had my nursery planned out in my head for months already, including having sourced furniture, etc.  My biggest challenge will be to try not to purchase and decorate too early, lol.  It is the last room in my house that is not decorated, although it has been serving as a dumping ground for the random odds and ends recently so I'll need to get it cleaned out first.

• @callingthestork how did your appointment go today? 
  • @laurelew I’m so sorry you are dealing with depression. I have definitely been there. I don’t have any advise, but am here if you need someone to listen. ❤️
  • <ul><li>How far along/EDD? 33+6 Aug 21</li><li>How are you feeling this week? Uh... Shellshocked? Lol I saw a thing that said 42 days left till baby's due date, and then seeing myself here so close to the top of the like has me like, "Eep!" SPD is still not great, but maybe getting better. 🤷</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions? Trying to get family pictures booked (easier said than done) as well as finalize things with the doula, now that they will be allowed in the hospital again.</li><li>Any upcoming appointments?  Televisit on Tuesday, next in person is 36w for GBS, and position / growth scan at 37w (which I'm seriously considering declining.)</li><li>GTKY: What was your favorite age growing up and why? 6/7 before I lost my grandma - I remember her being at my birthday party around then, and then she passed suddenly after that.  I have always been so grateful we had the party the weekend before my birthday, so she was able to be there.  I enjoyed a lot of other times growing up, but it started to be overshadowed by losing grandma, losing pets, becoming more aware of world news like Desert Storm on TV, Chornobyl aftermath etc. and I wish I could have stayed in that innocent bubble longer.</li></ul>
    @31magnolia I had that experience in the hospital, we just made sure we were settled by the morning we left.  They left the forms on the dresser for us so we could fill them out anytime we we're ready, but I'm not sure how they would have handled it if we didn't have a name by the time we were discharged.  You'll figure it out tho. (((Hugs))) Glad the HR is better!!!

@vetgirl2011 I'm sorry about the dreams. They can be SO VIVID!  I have had them continue throughout pregnancy, (and at times, quite disturbing). I have started praying the Breastplate of St. Patrick every night. 
    https://www.catholictradition.org/Litanies/litany41.htm
    It's long, but it's been working, so I will go with it!  And there are other translations that definitely make more sense to be said in the morning, so I may switch to that, except for me it's really the dreams that have been bothering me, so the evening seemed to make more sense for me.  (((Hugs))) Hope you're able to get some more restful sleep.

@laurelew (((big hugs))) The IF survivor guilt is real, but the pain of infertility doesn't just go away either once you're pregnant, either.

<div class="Spoiler">I hear you so much when you say you're maybe not getting the family you always pictured, and mourning that.  We did not end up getting as far as donor sperm, but we stopped paying for storage on DHs remaining MESA sperm sample, so that's gone.  If our last two embryos are unsuccessful, for more bio kids, we would have to go back for a whole new sperm extraction <i>prior to IVF</i> for me, and that's just not a path we are planning to go back down again, for various reasons.  Even if it DID work.  I'm not sure how many embryos you may have remaining, if any, but that is our plan, is to transfer the last ones we have left, hope for the best, and then close the book on it, come what may. 

We had always talked about adoption too, and I had toyed with the idea of embryo adoption, but I have a feeling, as we are getting older, DH may not want to pursue any of that.  (Although foster, or foster-adoption is something very close to my heart, so time will tell.)</div>
    Anyway, all that to say, I hear you, and I'm right there with you.  I don't think any of our journeys look like how we envisioned it going, but it's going to be okay. ❤️ I guess it's going to have to be, kwim?  Sigh.  I had to keep reminding myself that even if we didn't get ANY other THBs, that DD is amazing, and she would be enough.  I promised myself I would never let her think for a second that she wasn't enough for me as a mommy, simply because daddy and I couldn't have more kids, kwim?  It does get easier with time, but I can't say if it ever really goes away.  I'll keep ya posted ;)

@callingthestork How's everything today!?
  • @BusinessWife Thank you for the link! I love that, and will give it a try!
  • Little rant: the spotting continues - hasn’t really stopped. Though I’ve had great betas, and I know that the progesterone suppositories (Crinone) can cause spotting - my PGAL and PGAIF Brain is prevailing as I’m waiting for this first ultrasound. I’m terrified to look every time I go to the bathroom. Luckily it’s  only been different shades of brown, but it still has me worried and nervous. 6 more days until my first ultrasound. It cannot come fast enough! 
  • @Kimbrlyg814 ugh spotting is the worst!! Hopefully the brown means it’s almost over. I had on and off spotting until a few weeks into my second tri (with two major gushes that totally freaked me out) and my Dr said it was due to my low lying placenta. Every bathroom check was anxiety filled though. Hopefully the next 6 days fly by!
  • @mtpbadger I hope so! But I have had brown spotting every day for the past week. Hoping it stops! Luckily no cramps really. Just some pinching and pulling feelings here and there. Praying the next week goes fast and all is well with the little one in there!
  • When I had spotting early on, around 6 weeks, my RE said as long as it’s not filling a pad every hour and no major cramps, it’s most likely nothing to worry about (no matter what the color is). It still doesn’t make it easier to settle the nerves tho! 
  • Thank you for that! It is only in the AM and PM for the most part about an hour after the Crinone. And only when I wipe! So far nothing on the pad in the past week! 🙏🏻 Thank you for sharing your experience ❤️ It is unnerving because both of my previous losses I had spotting. But both were pink or progressed to red. So this already feels different, but still makes me nervous!
  • @Kimbrlyg814 Ugh! I’m so sorry. Spotting is sooo stressful. I was a hot mess in between my appointments! Will your doctor let you switch to PIO or oral dosing instead? Only 6 more days. You can do this!
  • @vetgirl2011 I’m actually on PIO 1 mL, Crinone 2x a day and prometrium oral 3x a day plus estrace 3x a day and baby aspirin! 😂 it’s a lot to keep track of! I am definitely a mess in between them! I ride a positivity wave initially then I get so nervous before the next visit. Just praying to see that little heart flicker or better yet hear it! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • @vetgirl2011 and @BusinessWife Thank you both so much for your kind words!  I've been feeling much better the past day and a half so I really do suspect a lot of the sadness was brought on by hormones and medication.  That's not to say that I don't still have battle scars from the IF journey and that I won't always carry those with me.  I think we all have earned the right to recognize that what we have been through is pretty sh*tty.  But it's also nice to know that the next time this hits, it's not "real" and I will be okay and there is still plenty to find joy and happiness in, both now and in the future.

@Kimbrlyg814 Based on everything I have read from other women on various boards, it is extremely common for the vaginal progesterone to cause spotting throughout the first trimester.  Based on when you said the spotting has been occurring, it definitely sounds like that is likely the case for you.  

Waiting to get to each next check point feels like it has been making the days and weeks even longer right now.  I just hit 6 weeks today (along with @Kimbrlyg814 and @callingthestork yesterday!).  Then I just have to make it to Monday for my next ultrasound.  Then make it back around to Thursday for my graduation to the next week to find out what size fruit my baby is.  Then likely back to Monday for what I expect to be the last ultrasound with my RE before I graduate to the OB.  It sounds like a lot but the days in between drag...

Posting a picture of my beautiful yolk sac from Monday now that I figured out how to cross out my information. :)

• @laurelew you rock! Thank you for the reassurance. The waiting is hard and we are so entitled to feel all the feelings because we have all been through so much! Keep rejoicing and celebrating that little baby in there! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for your next appointment!
  • cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited July 2020
    @the_road_to_oz You look fabulous! 
    @Kimbrlyg814 I also had some spotting when I was on Endometrium 3x a day. I think it’s just irritation. If it’s just a bit of blood you see when you wipe, it’s not an issue, I don’t think. As @mtpbadger mentioned, when you see a pad soaked (not just spotting) with fresh blood (red color) then it’s a problem. That’s what I was told when I had SCH with my first. I experienced a gush of blood, freaked out and went to the hospital but turns out it was old blood (blackish in color) and it turned out to be nothing. So just pay attention to the color and the amount of blood. 
    @31magnolia Last weekend my husband and I finally started getting the room ready for my son who is already 2 years old. So... I’m far worse... As for birth certificate, my husband and I finally decided on our son’s name on the fourth day at the hospital. It’s much easier to get all the paperwork (Birth certificate and SSN) done at the hospital, since they come to your room to complete them (at least before COVID-19). 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Hi everyone.   Good to hear an update from @lauralew, this is such a tough journey.  Glad things brightened up for you.  Our family size is going to be a lot different than what dh and I dreamed of when we were dating, but I understand that's not what you were talking about.  
    @Kimbrlyg814, it would sure be nice if the doc didn't make you wait so darn long to see your little one and find out what the spotting is for sure.   Boy, I get the dread of going to the bathroom.  But your hCG numbers are so awesome, and that's something. 
    Is there something better than Tic Tacs for nausea?

I just got back from ultrasound; my little critter is doing fine.  Everything is measuring right at or ahead, and the doc found the flicker of the heart beating.   She said I'm not done bleeding,  but the hemorrhage is small and separate from the placenta.  It is so much less scary,  knowing the blood is coming from a different place than where the baby is.  My hCG went from 9001 on Monday to 13,710 on Wednesday, and apparently a 50% increase in 48 hours is okay at this point.
    I'm so happy!!!  Thank God.

• @callingthestork yay for your good news! Been keeping you in my thoughts and was hoping you would get some good news! 
  • @mbradfo2 thank you for chiming in here and for both your messages to me and @laurelew. I’ve been in counseling since my ectopic pregnancy last year and my counseling has described infertility and losses as traumatic and has described it as PTSD as well. This is so affirming for us in the PGAL and PGAIF camps that it’s ok if we are struggling to truly accept that things could really end up ok this time around and our dreams could be coming true. I know for me my feelings change every couple hours!
  • @lauralew
    Yep, it is! My friends and I were huge fans during high school also! I got back into it during recent years with the new show and musicals so I've forced my husband to watch soooo much. It's just such a fun, heartwarming manga and show! When I was going through alot of anxiety during pregnancy, I would always listen to one of the songs from the new musicals sung by Queen Serenity. It really bolstered my spirits.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUJYK2XqNfk
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."