Options

Week 2 (11/8-11/14) Check In - Week of 7/6

Estimated due date (EDD): 

Week of pregnancy: 

Baby is the size of:

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

Questions? 

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? 
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: Week 2 (11/8-11/14) Check In - Week of 7/6

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 12

Week of pregnancy: 21 weeks

Baby is the size of: Cantaloupe 

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow for A/S

Rant/Rave: My husband hasn’t been able to come to any appointments at all. They told me that he would be allowed to come to the ultrasound. Well, I got a call on Friday. Due to a spike in cases in our state/area, they changed the policy and he can’t come to the ultrasound either. It went into effect today. We literally missed it by ONE DAY. I completely understand their reasoning but it still just sucks so badly that he can’t come. I’m going to try to FaceTime him. I‘m so glad we went to an elective ultrasound place few weeks ago for the gender reveal. I’m just really disappointed. I feel like he’s having a harder time connecting to this pregnancy because he can’t come with me to any appointments. He always went with me to the majority of the appointments for our other two. I know a lot of you are in the same boat and understand how I feel. Stupid COVID. 

Questions? 

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? I’m actually not much of a music person. I usually have my kids in the car so we listen to the Frozen soundtrack a lot, lol. I really like Billie Eillish. I hate most of my husband’s
    music, he likes country and hard rock. I don’t really get super invested in a particular genre or artist, it’s more like there are certain songs that I really like, and they are usually random lol. I’d rather listen to a podcast or an audiobook though. 
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 10-14 🤷 (ultrasound says Nov 10, IVF doc says Nov 14, internet FET calculator says Nov 12... Baby says I'll come when I come!) 

Week of pregnancy: 21 + 2  to 6

Baby is the size of: a grapefruit 

Upcoming Appointments: July 10 for follow up ultrasound to check placenta and cardio outflow tract

Rant/Rave: Rant - Just got home from a week camping with DH, was so nice to relax!! Rant - Have today off so starting to organize our spare bedroom to set up for baby... There's so much to do!!!!! 

Questions? Right now lots of questions about a low lying placenta (placenta previa), but trying not to worry to much until the follow up US this Friday! 

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? Generally listen to country music on the radio. DH listens to a lot of indie rock, old school country and general pop so will listen to that if he has control! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @kitkatz1990 Sorry your husband can go to your ultrasound 😞 We were lucky and has ours the first day they let husbands in. I understand the logic behind it, but at the same time anything he has I have! Doesn't seem fair to leave them out. 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/14

Week of pregnancy: 21w2d

Baby is the size of: cantaloupe

Upcoming Appointments: not until August. Skipping the 24 week appointment since I'll be out of town.

Rant/Rave: We went up to my husband's family cabin over the weekend. Some for fun, but mostly so that DS could practice sleeping in his pack n play again before we head out west to visit family for about a month. He did fine in it last summer, but he was only 4 months old so wasn't as aware of location changes as he is now. The first night and first nap the next day were rough, but after that he settled in. So I'm expecting the hotels and first nights to be bad, but I'm hopeful that he'll settle in fairly quickly and the trip won't be too hard. DH is only coming for half of it, so I'm becoming increasingly nervous about managing DS all by myself for about 2.5 weeks. I'll have my mom and others to help, but I've found that the kind of "help" that relatives usually offer is only the less helpful, generic "play with the baby" help and not the sort that is really needed, like meal feedings, diaper changes, and put-downs. We'll see I guess! I'm still looking forward to the change of scenery!

Questions? I had one about general information given for anterior placentas that I posted over in the question thread. Mostly just any information that others who have had them can offer. 

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? I don't really listen to a lot of music either. I mostly just listen to Disney music while I clean, which has turned into a real win since it works great for kids too.

@kitkatz1990 I hear you about the Covid frustrations about DH not coming to appointments. My DH came to every one with DS and it really helped us both feel on the same page and involved in the whole process. This time around it's been a real bummer not having him there. He was better than me about actually asking more questions, plus he obviously misses out on the connection moments of seeing the ultrasound in person and hearing the heartbeat. Since we'd already decided that 2 was our limit, it's a real bummer that he's missing this last round of all of these things.  
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @kitkatz1990. YAY!!!!!! That's awesome news!! 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 13

Week of pregnancy: 22+1

Baby is the size of: a coconut, length of pencil, weighs the same as a football

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday for an U/S! 

Rant/Rave: rave: We are painting our basement apartment! It's super dark in here and the blue and  light yellow walls with wood trim didn't help so we're painting almost everything a soft white! We're not even half done and I love it!! Crazy how big a difference a little paint makes!

Questions? I think I actually posted my question in the July symptoms thread since it was related but maybe should post to the great questions thread? Anyways, tips on helping baby move from undesired locations (aka, bladder)

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? 
    I also don't listen to any music. I like to sing but that ends up being mostly random songs i learned as a kid or hymns.
  • Options
    That’s so awesome @kitkatz1990 .
    @auburnvelvet86 good luck on your sleeping arrangements with DS. Some nights I regret starting DD sleeping with us, but some nights I really love it! Hopefully he can stick to the PNP for the trip.
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/8

Week of pregnancy: 22

Baby is the size of: Coconut

Upcoming Appointments: Appointment with the midwife in two weeks

Rant/Rave: Rant- I go through waves of grouchiness over covid. I’m worried MH’s family isn’t taking it seriously enough and that they won’t know this child for several years. They’ve never visited us, and that hurts. If they were able to visit now, I wouldn’t let them come. 
    Rave- It’s peach season here in SC and peaches are now the best thing ever. 🍑

Questions? No questions, but I’m paying attention to the anterior placenta conversation. At my A/S I think the tech mentioned it briefly. I hope it wouldn’t preclude me from a home birth!

I love music and listen to just about everything. Lately I’ve been into Fiona Apple’s “Fetch the Bolt Cutters” album, the reggae/ska band I saw in concert at the beginning of March (Antidoping), ambient/trip-hop mixes on YouTube, and some rock and pop from Spain (Bebe and Enrique Bunbury). Oh! And also I’ve really been getting into Willie Nelson’s “Ride Me Back Home” album. His songwriting is so good!
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/10

Week of pregnancy: 22 today!

Baby is the size of: An eggplant!

Upcoming Appointments: july 16 for routine checkup

Rant/Rave: Rant: I deep cleaned by house yesterday, and now my back in killing me! I just want to be able to do normal things without pain. Rave: My house is clean! 

Questions? Not really

Classical Christian, hymns on piano, throwback country and oldies! I recently introduced the kids to Ray Stevens too...so now they ask for that a lot! 😂
  • Options
    @csardaszz I feel like people are not taking this seriously in SC!! It’s so frustrating. If people would just do what they’re supposed to...UGH. 
  • Options

Estimated due date (EDD): 11/12

Week of pregnancy: 21W 5D

Baby is the size of: As long a toothbrush 

Upcoming Appointments: July 28th. I’ll get another US because they didn’t get a good look at the spine.

Rant/Rave: We found out this weekend it’s a girl!! I feel more stressed now, because now it feels more real. 

Questions? So my girl US says “Looks like a girl” Did anybody else get looks like? Also does anyone else have to go back because they couldn’t see everything on the US?

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? If you saw our Cameo, we have definitely been listening to Cody Jinks, Ladybug on repeat 😬. I’ve also been listening to a lot of talk radio. Politics and News.
  • Options
    @kitkatz1990 YES! My town’s fire department held a two-week carnival last month, and they just had a bbq fundraiser! No masks, no social distancing, with 1500+ new cases in the state announced every day. What gives?!
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @potofgolden My OB said it's pretty common to have to go back for a second US. Between baby and mom moving she said it can sometimes be hard to get everything they need.  I'm going back this Friday to get a better look of baby's outflow tract in the heart and also for my placenta placement.

Btw, cute gender reveal! 
  • Options
  • Options
    Oops! Started this yesterday and then got side tracked at work!
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/11

Week of pregnancy: 22 today! 

Baby is the size of: a guinea pig! 

Upcoming Appointments: this upcoming Monday for a follow up US @potofgolden ! They didn’t get a good view of the outflow tracks of baby’s heart or her hands at the AS. I have an in-person midwife visit on 7/21 which I am excited about too

Rant/Rave: why is it so hard for me to decide on curtains?!? I need to find 104” curtains for our main living, office, and dining room! Too many decisions! Rave - my sweet coworkers are trying to plan a socially distanced baby shower at a park for my coworker and I. They are being really cautious and asking us how many people we would be comfortable with, etc. 

Questions? Has anyone considered cord blood banking and placenta pilling? I’ve been reading quite a bit about both and I’m more interested in the placenta pilling than the banking

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately?: this is hard for me, I love music! I’m not educated about it at all and I myself am not musical but I listen to almost anything. I love listening to country and EDM around this time of year as the weather warms up! Makes my heart so happy to blare some music while driving with the windows down 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @lovelee3 I was looking at cord blood banking, but I think we'll donate instead of banking, although I still want to discuss with my OB. What's placenta pilling? I've nevver heard of that?? 
  • Options
    @lovelee3 @mia80 correct me if I'm wrong but is placenta pilling where they take the placenta and have it put in pill capsules so the mom can have the good stuff from the placenta back in her system? It makes sense as animals eat their placenta. I got to watch my cat have kittens when i was younger and was so grossed out that she was eating the slimy bag as she cleaned her babies😅 im sure its 100% better when its in a capsule!
  • Options
    @lovelee3 I’m considering placenta encapsulation. A friend of mine did it and said that she noticed that while taking the capsules, she stayed very calm even during stressful/unexpected ordeals. Once she ran out (~3 months PP) she noticed increased agitation. I want to do whatever I can to stave off PPA/PPD, so if that means swallowing a capsule of something my body produced every day until I run out, I’m cool with that.
  • Options
    babywiikbabywiik member
    edited July 2020
    @csardaszz that's super interesting!! In fact, it sounds wonderful to have a few months of calm nerves especially the way everything is now with covid and will most likely still be uncertain come November. Plus having to manage holidays with a newborn! Oh boy! I think I'll be doing some more research about placenta pilling/encapsulation!
    Edit: I just googled it and I'm getting lots of conflicting research, some says it's really good and others say it's really dangerous🤔 maybe I'll ask my midwife if she knows about it
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @lovelee3 @babywiik @csardaszz

I googled it and am seeing lots of conflicting research like @babywiik!  I live in Canada, and both Health Canada and the Society of Obstetricians and Gynacologists of Canada don't recommend it... Although it doesn't look like there's anywhere within 200 miles that does it anyways, so not an option for me!! 
  • Options
    mwagensomermwagensomer member
    edited July 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/9

Week of pregnancy: 22wks +3 days

Baby is the size of: a coconut

Upcoming Appointments: regular appt, in 2 wks and I'm meeting with another OB in the same office.

Rant/Rave: The weather this week has been miserable! I'm in MI but it feels like the tropics! 🥵

Questions? Not at the moment. The question thread is helpful.

GTKY: What kind of music do you listen to? What's been on repeat for you lately? Hamilton in Disney+, Elvis, musical scores from movies (like composers John Williams, James Horner). My husband hates my musical tastes!

I've never heard of the placenta encapsulation! Strange but worth looking into!
  • Options
    @mia80 donating is a good idea too! I’d be all for that since banking it is so expensive 🤔 I wonder if DH would go for it. 
    Sorry for the referral to it as pilling - suppose that wasn’t the technical term. I’ve had a few friends do it and have wonderful effects from it. I plan to talk to my midwife about it at our in-person visit in a couple weeks. I wonder if any STM+ in the group have done it and have an opinion 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • Options
    @lovelee3 I'd also like to hear others experiences! Do you think it'd be worth it to ask in the questions thread? I'm not sure if everyone reads the weekly check in for other weeks than their own? 
  • Options
    Just a rant from yesterday: ok, so every Monday is when my new pregnancy week starts. This is based off of my last period and my midwife gave me the extended norwegian due date of Nov 13th rather than TB DD the 9th. Ok, that's fine I still know what week I'm in and babies come on their birthday so who cares. Note: my midwife writes on my chart the weeks and days counting from monday. When I had my U/S they confirmed the 11/13 due date but then the midwife there marked my weeks and days as if counting from Tuesday. Then yesterday I had a different midwife doing the U/S and when she wrote 22w+1d  (this was a wednesday) I tried to correct her and say it was 2 days and she's like "no, we calculate from your due date" (which they gave me based on my last period....). I know it's probably not that important and i should just ignore it but its just really annoying!! Shouldnt they all have the same numbers? And besides, i know its only 1 day but I don't want to go backwards in this pregnancy, not at all! And they already gave me 4 extra days so now my due date is Friday the 13th! Ok, I know I'm just being silly now but thanks for letting me rant! 
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @babywiik I'm right with you on the due date rant!!! We did IVF, so you'd think we would just have one date, but the radiologist has a Nov 10th due date (which they won't change), and our RE (IVF Dr) gave us a Nov 14th due date... buuuuttttt any of the online calculators (and I tried about a dozen) have a date of Nov 12th, and the RE wouldn't explain why there's a difference.

My OB uses the 14th as our due date, and even though it's only a couple days it drives me nuts. I feel like I should be 22 weeks today... Not in 2 days!!!! 
  • Options
    @mia80 I decided to just use what the bump gives me based on my last period and because everything is just an estimate anyways but yeah, super annoying that stuff isn't consistent on my charts! What dare does the bump give you based on your IVF?(Does IVF work the same as a period with determining a due date? Excuse my unfamiliarity with how it all works)
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    edited July 2020
    @babywiik IVF is calculated based on the date of embryo transfer (and what stage the embryo is at) instead of LMP. The Bump doesn't do IVF due dates, but there are lots of IVF calculators online... and they all say Nov 12th for me! DH prefers the 14th because he likes the Saturday rollover... and I've just started saying my due date is 'somewhere between Nov 10-14'. Even thought it's only a couple days different... it still annoys me! lol