November 2020 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 7/8

Share your WTF's from today or this past week!

Re: WTF Wednesday 7/8

• Options
    A girl that I work with has been asking me to do some of her work lately because she is "so busy". She asked me to burn some CDs for her this morning and then proceeded to explain to me how to do it like. Thanks but, I'm not an idiot and I am pretty sure I'm the one who uploaded those files in the first place. She also asked one of my friends to do something for her last week and then said to him "I'm just wondering what's taking so long."  We don't mind helping you but don't be a jerk about it. 
  • Options
    @windywoman oh that is super annoying. I hate when people are condescending too. Especially after asking you for help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wychets that’s really annoying. It’s totally fine to believe that and practice yourself, but inappropriate to tell others to practice it too. On the other hand my cousin in law is Jewish and doesn’t buy things pre-baby, and one day her mother in law dropped off a whole bunch of gifts on her doorstep even though she explicitly told her no gifts before baby comes. MILs can be so fun 😆. 
  • Options
    Sticking with the MIL trend: MIL watched DD & SD while I had my AS this AM so MH could come with. I text her and call twice after to find out if she wanta them until I'm done with work or to go get them then. No reaponse. Finally MH calls, she answers and says to come get them now because DD is crabby (no duh, it was 11:30 and she's usually napping by 10:00). Anyhow, okay cool, on our way to get them. 20 mins later we walk in and she just finished making the girls lunch (easy mac n cheese so it takes like what... 3 mins per container) and was just having them sit down to eat. Wtf woman?! Why'd you start to make them food *after* we said we're on our way and especially after MH explicitly told her to get them ready to go because I needed to leave immediately to go to work 😑🙄  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    mwagensomermwagensomer member
    edited July 2020
    Another MIL WTF! I've been dating/engaged/married to my husband for 12 years, so I know my MIL pretty well. We went to her house for a small family gathering for the 4th of July. I'm standing next to my husband and she talks to him about me in the 3rd person, "Does she want a drink?", "Is she hungry?". It annoys the s**t out of me, like "MIL, you know my name, talk to me!"  

Oh MIL's are so much fun!! 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @acdc1109 that really sucks! Why do people have to open their big mouths and suck the wind from other people's sails?!? I often wonder if it's better to find out and tell people or wait til birth for that very reason. My brother and SIL have a bunch of kids (8 boys and 1 girl. The girl is 3rd from oldest) they don't find out the gender before hand and my brother made a deal with my neice that if the baby is a boy then she gets to be the first of any of the kids to hold the baby. I know she wants a little sister but so far she's always been excited to get to be the first to hold the baby and by that point, the baby is already born so she doesn't have to wait to form a bond with the baby. 
  • Options
    @mwagner25 I literally just laughed out loud hahahaa wtf? That would be so strange.

MIL's are fun, and annoying sometimes lol, I know she means well but I have enough to stress about already.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    On the MIL thread; mine is a perfectly nice and sweet lady. However, she is the world's biggest complainer and goes on-and-on about the minutia of her life, always. Anyway, this week she calls DH and tell him that she had surgery that day! MH was obviously upset because she hadn't told him this was happening and it made him feel really bad. He asks what kind of surgery was it - she had a cyst removed from her skin. Is she kidding me? I know cysts can be uncomfortable to remove, but come on, lady! Surgery and having a cyst removed are two totally different things and in completely different leagues when it comes to risk/recovery. (Side note: DH has had several sebaceous cysts removed, he is prone to them.)
  • Options
    @babywiik Honestly, DH is the worst about not being excited. He has 2 brothers and he's worried that it will always be 2 against one like it was in his family. He also hates that we're disappointing everyone which just blows my mind. It's not like we're having a boy on purpose to disappoint them and he's not excited to tell anyone due to their "percieved" reaction. I think this is totally messed up but I'm just going to let him come to terms with it on his own. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    edited July 2020
    On the thread of complaining about in laws, I swear I'm invisible to mine half the time! DH is the middle child of 4 kids, and the whole middle child syndrome is completely true in his family... He ALWAYS gets overlooked. And as the barren wife of the middle child I'm non existent. I thought it might get better now that I'm finally pregnant, but nope! Last week we were camping and our nephew joined us for 2 nights then the in laws came to pick him up and bring them to grandma and grandpa's for a couple nights. First thing my FIL says "are you having fun with uncle?" At least DH was quick and replied "he's having fun with Aunty too!!" 
  • Options
    @acdc1109 ah man! That really sucks that your DH isn't excited. It does make sense that he's worried about how the boys relationship will be growing up as it seems he has experience with that. It couldnt have been fun for him. I hope he can get at least a bit excited before the baby comes.