Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW - Monday 7/6

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: TWW - Monday 7/6

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 19

Timing: 🤷🏼‍♀️

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: Probably Friday or Saturday unless AF comes before then.  

R/R: Had a nice long weekend at home hanging out in the pool. Kind of sad and anxious to be back at work today though. I don’t have any future vacation time planned and I’m swamped at work right now. I like always having something to “look forward to” and Covid continues to mess up any and all plans. 😔 Staycations are nice every once in awhile but I really miss traveling. 

CS/Q: No chart

• @jenotontx I’m glad you enjoyed your staycation! Hopefully the week flies by for you! 

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 27/10

Timing: -2, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 14 ish

Testing: Today; BFN 😔

R/R: I know it’s super early and it would have been very unicorn like to get a BFP, I was pretty bummed by the negative. DHs delivery route got changed last minute this morning, so he lost his helper and will be home super late today. But, tomorrow we finish the deck project, so that’s exciting and I got a 6 cube storage shelf to finish organizing our main bathroom, so I’ll be doing that today, too. Trying to keep myself busy and off wanting to test 2957394 times, even though I know the results aren’t likely to change. 

CS/Q: Everything looks good. 🤷🏻‍♀️

TTC History

• Loading the player...
  • @jenotontx glad you enjoyed your time by the pool.

@chindimples04 sorry for the BFN

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 25/9-11

Timing: -5, -2, +1 or -5, -1

Typical LP length: 12-14 days

Testing: 7/8 if there are no signs of AF

R/R: Trying not to get my hopes up. My RHR had gone down, so I'm guessing I'm out. But my last two cycles were 26 days, and I was showing signs of AF by day 25. I think I O'ed late, so that's probably why no AF yet, but it's hard not to get my hopes up. Still being mostly on work from home during the first tri would be great! 

CS/Q: none

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• kvh22kvh22 member
    edited July 2020
    @jenotontx I 100% agree on the travel/not having anything to look forward to. It's such a bummer. One side of my family was on vacation at the lake last week, the other this week (parents are divorced and coincidentally both sets of grandparents/great grandparents had bought lake houses decades ago). We had an impromptu trip to Hawaii in early February which was actually an off-cycle year for a "big trip" for us. We also never do staycations since both of our families live across the country (where we grew up) so we fly twice a year usually there for 2-3 weeks (although work some remotely). We've both been at our jobs a while so get plenty of time off but when you have to travel to see family, that time is precious. I do feel like we should take some time for something - maybe go to an AirBnB when it's less hectic and things here in California are a bit more open (safely...which is not right now IMO) but we're also saving to move and buy a house.

@chindimples04 10dpo is still early (but I tested then, too :D) Sorry about the BFN, though.

@DoubleUp8 my RHR went down too but AF isn't due until Thurs or Fri so idk how much I trust it (first cycle monitoring it, though, so you probably know better). Remind me why you aren't charting your BBT? I know some ppl find it stressful - I have a friend who had an Ava bracelet and ended up hating it after a few months but I love ALL the data lol.

Month/Cycle: 2/1 (sigh, technically on month 2 today, or maybe yesterday but I forgot - not sure how to count those but June only has 30 days and I'm getting caught up in the minutea - I hate my long cycles)

CD/DPO: cd32/13dpo

Timing: -4, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 15-16 days

Testing: Negatives on 10 and 11dpo so waiting for AF on 15-16dpo. Might test Thursday (16dpo) if there's no temp drop by then but pretty sure I'm out.

R/R: Not loving a 5 day work week.

CS/Q: I'll get on my phone and add from mobile.

Finally added my chart 4 hours later 😝

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• DoubleUp8DoubleUp8 member
    edited July 2020
    @kvh22 Trying to keep it causal for the first few cycles **TW living child**
    I didn't do BBT with DS, and we did not have any trouble conceiving. 
    For now, I am using CM and C position. I just learned about RHR this cycle, so I am new to it. Looking back at my fit bit data, it looks like RHR usually goes up for me between AF and O and then starts to go down. At least, that is how I am reading my data.

Sorry for the long cycle! I hope you get answers too!
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @kvh22 oh, I went with it’s July, so a new month. I can’t keep track of the actual dates. 😂 I’m probably doing it “wrong” but 🤷🏻‍♀️.
    TTC History

• kvh22kvh22 member
    I remembered a rant and typed out my responses below and now I forget it again so I'll be back. Having a very Monday Monday. Trying to get my password reset b/c we only use or pin to unlock our computer so it's been at least 3 months since I've typed my password and you cannot use the previous 24!! (that might have been my rant but I thought it had to do with TTC).

@chindimples04 I just figure it won't have been a year if I go that long until July 5th 2021 so I'm going with full months.

@DoubleUp8 My RHR also slowly rose and then is starting to slowly fall. Not sure what's supposed to happen, though. Also, response in spoiler. TW LC
    That makes sense about not using it with your first. My cycles have always been wonky when TTC - first time b/c of stress and DH ended up traveling for a week during my FW but that cycle was 45 days, then I conceived the next cycle but was literally still taking OPKs and got a BFP b/c I thought it was going to be a long cycle again and apparently I o'ed on CD14. Orally tempign didn't work for me so those two charts were useless. Then I was BFing and only had one period before TTC and was lucky enough to conceive on the first cycle but O'ed on CD 37 so my LMP was literally 3 weeks off from the actual. Temping vaginally worked so much better for me and it was a lifesaver knowing that I hadn't O'ed yet so we kept doing EOD for what felt like forever but we got DD2 out of it so it was worth it. This time I O'ed on CD19 so actually earlier than I would have thought but knowing how long it took to ovulate last time, I would still probabyl be doing EOD until AF and have no clue when to test. Sorry that was long. I think if I had regular cycles when TTC I'd be more chill about it (although I normally do have regular cycles before getting pregnant the first time in 2016). But honestly, maybe not b/c I really have no chill :D

• jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited July 2020
    @kvh22 We are in the exact same situation. All of my family lives in Michigan and my husband is British. So almost all of our vacation tome goes to visiting family. I have been saving days for over a year now so that we could go to MI for a week over the 4th of July and go to Europe for two weeks in August but now both trips have been cancelled. I don’t want to just use the time to sit at home knowing how long it took me to save up! I’m still holding onto some hope that we can reschedule the trips in the near future but that is likely wishful thinking. My cycles are spanning over two months right now as well! I took my nuva ring out on the 14th of last month so it’s just smack dab in the middle of two months. 

@DoubleUp8 Crossing my fingers for you that AF never shows! 

@chindimples04 I’m fully expecting a BFN this cycle but I will still be bummed! Sorry to hear it’s likely not the month for you. If not, then I hope you get to enjoy a drink on your new deck! 
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    I remembered my rant!!!

I have started spacing out my PNVs (2/4 at breakfast, 1/4 at lunch, and 1/4 at dinner). I'm also taking choline and vitD+K2 b/c I take gummies and those aren't concentrated enough in gummies - these are spread out over the day as well for maximum absorption. This means I drink SO MUCH WATER every day. I split open the capsules and the D drops go into water so I pour multiple glasses to make sure I get everything out of them. I have now convinced myself I still have a tiny chance even though I got a BFN on FRER at 11DPO b/c I drink so much water in the evenings and my FMU was diluted (and I'm delusional). I have been going down the google rabbit hole on this for the past 36 hours or so. AND I was talking to DH about it and he said he thinks I'm pregnant which is NOT helpful. I think he takes it for granted that we will get pregnant easily. Like I mentioned above, I'm trying to hold out for AF. I think mentally, I'll be in a much better spot if I get AF than a BFN b/c at least the cycle is starting over (since I have longer LPs).

@jenotontx oh jeez that's so disappointing about those trips! Both sound like they would have been awesome! I hate that so many things are on hold right now. Hopefully you're able to do something soon but I agree - I don't plan to waste a full week on anything until Christmas unless we're able to legit travel (like via plane). We're drivable to a lot of awesome stuff being in California and can do those in 3-4 day long weekends.

• @kvh22 OMG yes to DH being so convinced you will get pregnant easily. Is it a male machismo thing? DH is usually so not like that (he does the laundry, I fix things and use power tools). I am so surprise he things we will just get pregnant like that. When I quote the stats to him, his eye glaze over a little bit.  :s

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• DoubleUp8DoubleUp8 member
    edited July 2020
    Ok TWW crew, to test or not to test?

We're going to my parents for dinner tomorrow night. Usually, I would have a few glasses of wine. Tomorrow would be 10-12 dpo based on CM (I've become quiet the expert) and cervix position. 10 days would be due to late O. I have some dollar store cheapies, so I could test in the morning. I am leaning towards testing because of the drinking and because my last two cycles were 26 days, tomorrow is day 26 for this cycle, so I would be almost "late" if no signs of AF. Thanks for reading my rambles if you made it this far!  :#

Gif to apologize in advance for my crazy
    https://tenor.com/OtId.gif
    And it's not working. This is the day I'm having.

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @DoubleUp8 Oooo that's a hard one if you knew you were 12DPO i'd say 100% test. I just did a quick look around the research and I think if it were me, I'd test (but I tested at 10 and 11DPO this cycle b/c I really thought I was pregnant based on how I felt) but with an FRER. If it doesn't come up on the FRER but you're actually pregnant (hence there being some risk), you're probably closer to 10DPO so less of a concern and if it's negative and you're 12DPO, probably not your cycle (sorry to be blunt - I'm very much thinking about this as the way that I would reason it out). I drank at 11DPO after my negative on the FRER (2 drinks spread out over the day) but since there's still a chance, I've had one small drink yesterday and don't plan to drink until AF now. Maybe limit it to 1 glass of wine? Or 2 if you'll be there a while?

• @kvh22 thanks for your input. I need blunt. I feel off and moody so either AF is on her way or something else is going on. I'll probably end up testing after agonizing over it all night and for piece of mind. If negative I'll wait until Friday to test again if no AF still because DH and I usually have a few drinks together on Fridays to celebrate the end of the week.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 I would test! I actually tested like a moron on Saturday when it was CD 17 😆. I knew I would be drinking all weekend so I just did it for piece of mind. 🤷🏼‍♀️