October 2020 Moms

Weekly Check In, Week 4+ (10/22-10/31) 6/29

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: Weekly Check In, Week 4+ (10/22-10/31) 6/29

• How far along are you? 23w3d

Due date? 10/23 

Upcoming appointments? Virtual appointment today 

Rant/rave? Rave: we went camping this weekend and it was so nice to be outside. The weather in the mountains is so much better than at home and I was able to hike a few miles each day carrying DS while DH did some long training runs. I’m always nervous when he goes out especially when he’s doing off trail segments, but he made it back safely both days and now I’m more confident he will be prepared for running those same off trail segments during his upcoming race. Rant: I packed up a bunch of boxes last week to be stored in the garage and they are STILL sitting in the kitchen! I know DH works crazy long days and we were gone over the weekend, but I want my kitchen back to normal. I’m tempted to just move them myself, but I know they are way too heavy and big for me to carry! 

Questions? 

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? Probably veggie burgers or a quinoa salad as most potlucks never have many vegetarian options. 

• How far along are you? 22ish weeks 

Due date? 10/30

Upcoming appointments? A whole bunch.  Ultrasounds every other week.  Weekly hospital visit for my shot. Plus regular OB visits. 

Rant/rave?
    I’m totally loving the swimsuit I got from target.  Fits well and is cute.  I also got my hospital bag packed.  So I’m ready to go Incase I have to be hospitalized at any point.  

Questions?
    None at this time. 
    Normally I bring peach cobbler to family events in the summer.  However I was asked to bring my Boursin cheese scalloped potatoes this year.  They’re not really bbq food, super heavy and normally a winter side dish but whatever!  I’ll make them and bring them.  The hostess really loves them so that’s likely why they were requested. I may still bring my peach cobbler though.  It’s so good. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 23+3

Due date? Oct 23

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow! I've been going to the doctor once a week for the last 2 weeks, tomorrow it's the third visit and last will be next week. The neonatologist said my doctor should check on baby's heart and listen to the doppler for a couple of minutes to verify that there are no skipped beats. I don't know if it's normal but even during my regular appointments all they do is check my weight, blood pressure, doppler to listen to the heart and ask if I have questions. From time to time they give me some requisition forms for bloodwork or other tests. As a FTM I was expecting it to be like in the movies that you lay down and open your legs to wait for the doctor. Lol, I don't even know what I was thinking they would see by doing that.

Rant/rave? Rant - we started to look for a place to rent for 6 months because we won't know until October or November if we have to move to a different province for my boyfriend's job. It's so difficult to find someone willing to rent something for 6 months! Everyone says that they don't want to deal with finding new tenants in the middle of the winter.
    Rave - for some reason I always get confused about the words "rant" and "rave" and have to check previous posts to figure out which one is what. ESL things I guess...

Questions? None!

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? How do you celebrate July 4th? Always bbq and meeting family and friends? Canada Day is July 1st and I've never had a potluck on that day. Last potluck I went to I brought some roasted peppers following a family recipe, everyone loves them!
  • How far along are you? 22 weeks 4 days

Due date? 10/30

Upcoming appointments? Thursday part 2 of my AS. Cookie didn't cooperate for the US tech, so we're going back for a view of her spine, heart, and feet.

Rant/rave? Rant: apparently week 22 is when I start leaking colostrum. Noticed some yellowish stuff on the tips of my nipples before bed last night 🤮
    Rave: I felt my first big kick (suspect it was more likely a head butt) on Friday night, and every few hours since then I feel her wiggling around 💗

Questions? 

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish? Ice box cake! The kind with chocolate wafer cookies and so much whipped cream. I've been avoiding baking and making things like that with just DH and I to eat it, but I think it's required for the 4th. Plus DH's birthday is the 6th.
  • How far along are you? 22wks+ 4days

Due date? Oct 31 🎃

Upcoming appointments? All at the end of July, a growth Ultrasound to follow up my AS for a more accurate dating, and August 4 for my next OB, I had to push everything back because I have to wait 14 days after I return home to go to the offices and I'm not allowed video visits.

Rant/rave? Rave: My Ob is amazing. When I told him about going out of town and would have to wait to get back in he told me if ANYTHING was worrisome or bothering to call his nurse and he would fit me in regardless of the protocol. 
    Rant: DFWs airport made me mad... their pet relief area was for 1 thing not labeled on ANY map, and was the grossest most disgusting thing ever. On the bright side I got ALOT of exercise... on the downside a 6lb chihuahua gets heavier the longer you carry it. 

Questions? 

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish?  Hmmm.... southwest quinoa salad or spicy caprese salad. If I'm feeling dessert like I'll make cookies and fruit salad with cream cheese dressing. 
  • @aefsparrow DFW airport is indeed a pain in the ass, but nothing compares to ATL!
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• ATL is for sure rough! O'hare is still the bane of my existence though... I've run through that airport far too many times.
  • How far along are you? 23 weeks 2 days

Due date? 10/26

Upcoming appointments? Phone appointment next week

Rant/rave? Rave: My boyfriend decided to get my birthday present really early, and wanted me to open it as soon as it arrived in case the return policy had a time limit. It was a weighted blanket. He also hoped it would help me sleep during my pregnancy, so he wanted me to have it as soon as possible. Unfortunately the duvet cover’s zipper doesn’t stay closed well. But we wrote the company and they’re sending us a new one, plus giving us $15 back. So now I’ll have two covers to use!

Rant: I am annoyed that our areas number of COVID cases is rising quickly. Means I’m back to staying home except for car rides and doctors visits. I even keep having dreams I’m in close contact places, and I’m worried everyone has it. So I’d say it’s getting to me. 

Questions?

Fruit pizza - sugar cookie baked on a pizza pan topped with sweetened cream cheese, and berries plus other assorted fruit

Either that or my boyfriend’s New Mexico family recipe for guacamole. 

@aefsparrow How do you think your chihuahua will handle a new being that takes all the attention? I don’t think mine will take it very well, that is until she is old enough to start dropping food. 😂 Also welcome back. I wondered why you were so quite this last week. 
  • @animalandplantrescuer aw thanks! The chihuahua will be fine I think..  he acts so much like a cat that he is more likely to use baby for heating purposes lol... I also have a pit-greyhound mix, I'm a little more worried about her feeling jealous, but I'm hoping she takes on the Noble protector role lol
  • BLuvsEBLuvsE member
    I disappeared from the board for a while because I had insane morning sickness that got worse from scrolling on my phone - like motion sickness. Then COVID happened and I just now got back here. Missed y'all!

along are you? 23 weeks as of July 4

Due date? 10/31

Upcoming appointments? Not until August, but just had one this week. Looking good! Just a little anemic.

Rant/rave? Rant: so bothered by people that are partying like it's 2019 and there's no virus. Like, celebrate, but get out of each other's faces!! Rave: just discovered kinesiology tape for pregnant women and got immediate relief from round ligament pain. Google it if you are in pain. 

Questions? Nope. This is my third kid and I feel healthier than I did with the first two. Just kind of going with the flow.

GTKY: What is your go to 4th of July potluck dish?  I don't know what it's called - a trifle maybe? But layered strawberries, angel food cake, whipped cream, and blueberries. So good and easy enough to convince myself it's healthy.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020