December 2020 Moms
Options

July PGAL Check In

Trying a monthly thread! Let me know if you prefer this or weekly.

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child.  

How far along are you? 

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What has been your life’s proudest moment? Second proudest?

Re: July PGAL Check In

• Options
    jchpgjchpg member
    How far along are you? 17+1

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. Previously shared, repeat losses. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Pregnancy wise OK. I had a small freak out yesterday with some cramping. It was nice to have the heart beat monitor to reassure myself. I think it was just GI issues 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m still dealing with ‘morning’ sickness- yay.

Any upcoming appointments? AS in a few weeks.

GTKY: What has been your life’s proudest moment? Second proudest? #1- The birth of DD. We went through so much to get here hear and I was damn proud of myself for giving birth! #2- Completing my PhD, it was not a straight path for me and I had a lot of challenges/ this is a hard tie with actually  getting a job that that required that degree 😅
  • Options
    gh1219gh1219 member
    How far along are you?  17+2!

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not.  Nmc 5wk june 2019

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?  Feeling good!  Nausea and aversions mostly gone.  Im still having that weird thing where I dry heave while brushing my teeth though.  Feels great to really feel the baby also.  I am feeling more fearful about severe covid causing loss than anything else at this point.

Any upcoming appointments?   AS on 7/21

GTKY: What has been your life’s proudest moment? Second proudest?

The first one that comes to mind is my husband's immigration.  We spent 2.5 years apart with him in India and me in the US due to immigration requirements.  They were some of the hardest years of my life, he was not allowed in the country, and I had only 3 weeks of vacation per year.  So for that time we only saw each other about 7 times and each time required me to travel over in a 7 day period.  Not really your typical "most proud moment" but definitely felt like the best day of my life and after something we had worked so hard on.
    Second would probably be my match day (getting a first job assignment for medical school graduates).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    How far along are you? 14w2d

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. TFMR in Dec 2019 for T21 and cystic hygroma

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Pretty good. My abdomen is kind of sore, but I think it's just from things stretching. I actually got out for a long walk yesterday after work, which I haven't done in ages. Emotionally also doing fine. Debating when/how to tell people. We told our families before, and after a normal NIPT/NT scan told them they could tell others, with the exception of a few close friends who we want to tell ourselves. Now that we "can" tell people...I find myself hesitating. Part of me is waiting for the "right moment", but now I'm also thinking maybe I'll just wait until after the 16-week appointment or anatomy scan.

Any upcoming appointments? check-up on July 15th

GTKY: What has been your life’s proudest moment? Second proudest? Oof, I don't know. Probably graduating grad school and/or getting my first "real" job post-college. 
  • Options
    cassafrass15cassafrass15 member
    edited July 2020
    How far along are you? 17 weeks today!

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. RPL

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Large. Uncomfortable after I eat even a small meal. Having some serious food texture aversions (don’t get near me with cottage cheese 🤮). I tried eating steamed potstickers for lunch and they were too ... rubbery? Couldn’t do it.

Any upcoming appointments? A/S 7/16

GTKY: What has been your life’s proudest moment? Second proudest? First, DD’s birth because it was 3+ years and numerous miscarriages in the making; and second, graduating from law school (which I dreamed of doing since I was 8). 

@jchpg Our proudest moments are so similar!

@gh1219 I’ve been gagging while brushing my teeth, too. I did it all throughout my pregnancy with DD, but this is suddenly a new symptom!

@akoros I’ve been hesitating making any “formal” announcement, too. My closest friends all know, and my immediate family knows, but I can’t bring myself to post something on social media or tell anyone else. I waited until after the anatomy scan with DD and I think I’ll do that again this time. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 14 and 5.

Share your PGAL story if you'd like, or previously have not. Previously shared. 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Ok I guess. Noticing a small bump now but just waiting to feel baby. Struggling with even posting on here because I don't want to be too involved just in case, but at the same time...I don't know. Confused and tired.  And still nauseaus part of every day. 

Any upcoming appointments? Not until August. 2 months between appiintments, which I'm also having a hard time with. 

GTKY: What has been your life’s proudest moment? Second proudest? Graduating with my teaching degree and getting a job right away...hard to do here, lots of teachers. I wish I could say my kids birth and I'm proud of them and making it through with two healthy babies, but both ended in C sections and I still have a hard time being proud ofhow that all went down. 

@cassafrass15 me too! I haven't even told friends or grandparents yet...scared too. And being home all the time has helped because no one has been able to see my growing belly...