January 2021 Moms
Options

Breast Pumps

I know it’s early, but can we talk breast pumps? I had a Medela PISA with each of my first two. I tried freemies when they came out and it was terrible. Now there is the hands free Willow, this wasn’t out when I had my first two. Has anyone tried it? Know anyone who has?

My office has a glass door so the idea of the willow is appealing but it’s also more money and I need to make sure it’s just as good as the PISA. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014

Re: Breast Pumps

• Options
    aels12aels12 member
    I’ve used the spectra s1 with both of mine so Since I have two of those now I’m going to get either the Willow or the Elvie to have a hands free option. I don’t plan on it being my primary pump but I’m excited to have it for when I’m driving or out walking or something. I’m in a willow vs elvie Facebook group to try to learn the differences/figure out which might be better. 
  • Options
    I have used Medela with my first and spectra  with my second. I am super interested in the willow though for this one since I still have my spectra and the idea of hands free is so appealing. 

I definitely Recommend the Spectra over the medela 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this thread! I had a Medela with my first and super interested in the Willow.

can we still get a pump with insurance? Or has that been axed?
  • Options
    @aels12 oh I’m going to look into that group, thank you!

@marynog I don’t know, my insurance changed since my second kid. It was amazing with my first two and prenatal through delivery including a pump cost me a few hundred bucks. This time it is thousands. I highly doubt my insurance will do much but I’m not sure what was axed, I need to look into it more. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Options
    aels12aels12 member
    @HappyFeet34 it’s just called Willow & Elvie Pump Group
  • Options
    @marynog you should be able too. I go through Aeroflow to get my pumps. They did all the contacting for my insurance and even sent me replacement parts each month which is covered too! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing