January 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms *** Week of 6/15

Re: Weekly Randoms *** Week of 6/15

• Options
    First appointment today! I’m so excited and honestly kind of glad my husband can’t come with me. My son is convinced we are having twins. He says he has the boy baby in his belly because he’s a boy and I have the girl baby because I’m a girl. I’m worried they’re going to push my due date back because my cycles are so wonky. My son was conceived on CD30. Ive been so miserable this time around that I’m nervous things will just get extended. 
  • Options
    @marikkita12 I hope it went well!!

@whitealbum29 I love Clueless! It’s on Netflix now, I was so psyched when I saw it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Been feeling pretty exhausted this week. I think I could sleep for hours and hours and wish I could haha 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I’m patting myself on the back for not gaining a single pound yet. I’m hoping I can make it through the next 3 weeks of the first tri with gaining less than 5. I gained veeeery little with DD because I was so sick and I gained WAY too much with DS. I was absolutely miserable. That much weight on my frame was so painful on my joints and just so difficult to carry. I really want to stick to 25 lbs this time. 
  • Options
    @carleym93 great job - I am envious. 🙂  I gained 50lb with my twins, got it back off, then despite my best efforts with a good diet and consistent HIIT exercise did it again when I was pregnant with DS. I worked really hard to get it back off  + 20 more lb (thank goodness for all the calories burnt pumping!) in the 7 months after he was born, but I totally fear this will be my fate again. I am tall and lean, so I hear you when you say that it’s rough on your body. 
  • Options
    krisspy22krisspy22 member
    edited June 2020
    At my US yesterday they discovered a small cyst on the umbilical cord. I need to stop Googling this... but does anyone have any experience with one in a previous pregnancy? In most cases when discovered early they resolve on their own, but of course my mind running through all the other scenarios. 
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 Are the weight gain recommendations different for multiples? 50 lbs doesn’t seem too bad to me for a twin pregnancy. I gained like 72 lbs with DS and it was so dang hard. I think a lot of it was water retention because I was so swollen at the end and I lost over 50 lbs immediately after birth, but I still could barely walk at the end. I can’t do that again, especially running after 2 kids this time. 
  • Options
    @carleym93 I think 50lb is normal for twins, but it’s been 8 years so I really don’t remember. I definitely did not expect to gain 50lb again when I was just pregnant with one, and was super healthy!  I’m sorry you had such a rough time last time - the swelling sounds horrible and definitely is out of your control. I hope this one goes better for you. 
  • Options
    aels12aels12 member
    @carleym93 good job! I gained 60-70 with both of my last pregnancies. I lost it all after each but I do nottt want to do that again. Unfortunately so far I’m about where I was at this time with my last two so I need to figure something out to slow my gaining rate. 
  • Options
    I never gained a ton but I am overweight so I have to work hard to not a lot.  I definitely feel preoccupied by my weight since I’m 10
    lbs heavier to start this pregnancy. I hate feeling so weight sensitive.

• Options
    tw.
    i lost the baby. I wish you all the best in your pregnancies. Healthy babies for all 💜💜
  • Options
    @marikkita12 Ohhh, I’m so very sorry for your loss. You’re in my thoughts. 
  • Options
    @marikkita12 So very sorry for your loss ❤️ Thinking of you.
  • Options
    aels12aels12 member
    So so sorry @marikkita12. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    @marikkita12 my heart is with you I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you love

• Options
    @marikkita12 I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you love and comfort. ❤️
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• Options
    @marikkita12 so sorry to hear. Warm wishes your way.
  • Options
    @marikkita12 I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.
  • Options
    @marikkita12 so sorry for your loss :(
  • Options
    This app has been terrible for me lately. Anyone else having that issue. Threads won’t load. It is making it so hard to keep up

• Options
    savykaysavykay member
    edited June 2020
    I still haven’t even had my first appointment (4 days and counting!) but my PGAL mind has been getting the best of me a little. My husband can’t come to the appointment, and I just kept thinking how terrible it would be if I had to be there alone and told I had a MMC. I have a home Doppler and have been able to find the heartbeat around 8 weeks for all my other babies, but this one has been so much more elusive and it was freaking me out. All that to say that I found the heartbeat today and feel immense relief! At least I know the likelihood for bad news at this first appointment is less. 
    (I know a Doppler is not a substitute for a doctor, but hearing my baby has a heartbeat is a good sign)

ETA: I got sea bands for my nausea, and while they don’t completely eliminate it, it definitely helps a ton! I feel like I can live life again. 🙏🏻

• Options
    @savykay I am so glad you got that relief today! Such a good feeling. What kind of Doppler do you have? I was thinking of getting one.
  • Options
    @savykay what a relief! And I hope your first appt goes well!
  • Options
    Broke out my maternity pants - what a relief! Definitely sporting a little blump (so much earlier than with my last pregnancy), but in that weird stage where the band of the pants doesn’t stay up properly. Never mind, I’m finally comfortable!
  • Options
    @MaryNog Thank you! And I’m in full support of maternity pant comfort. I only have one pair of pants that still button, so the transition is coming soon for me. 

@supersara2 I use the Sonoline B Fetal Doppler and love it! I’d do some research about getting one, I know for some women a Doppler can be a huge anxiety inducer, but I’ve loved having it. 

• Options
    Oops I just realized I didn't post weekly randoms or symptoms for this week. But tomorrow is July 1, since we're such a small group maybe a monthly randoms thread at the beginning of each month would work! Just let me know if anyone hates this idea.
  • Options
    @whitealbum29 love that idea. 

I just made lasagna and ending up spending dinner time outside, not eating because I can’t stand the way my house smells. Eventually I gave up trying for the day, told my husband I need to go pee, lay down, and cry a little. Now I’m ordering wings off door dash because they don’t sound vomit inducing, but you know....we’ll see how it smells. 
    If today doesn’t perfectly sum up (at least my) first trimester, I don’t know what does. 
    I am equal parts amused and tired/hungry grumpy about it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

You all that are ending first trimester and starting to feel better though are giving me LIFE and so much hope. ❤️

• Options
    Hang in there, @savykay! Making dinner and then not eating it has been the story of my life, too.