Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Who is your favorite author?

Re: Week 3 (12/15-12/21) Check-In 16/28

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15 weeks tomorrow

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Find out in August

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a Donut!!  So tempted to get some today to celebrate

Upcoming appointments: Wed for 15 week appt

How are you feeling:. Just anxious about everything I think.  Obviously with all this virus stuff happening, this isn't the pregnancy I thought I would be having!  Trying to eat more real food, but it is still a struggle.  

Rants/Raves:. MIL is coming for five days soon.  I pride myself on being the hostess with the mostess, but it is just not going to happen.  We can't really go anywhere or do anything, so not really sure what we will do for five days.  My family plans multiple activities for every day we are together and his family is like we will just see what we feel like.  Also food wise, just not sure what I will be cooking or up for eating.  My MIL said she is happy with just toast and not to stress!  We shall see!  

Questions:. So when she is here, we are having a small bday party for my husband.  Some family members that my MIL doesn't see a lot live nearby, so we invited them for dinner.  Cook-out outside, but if the party moves inside, should we ask everyone to wear masks?

GTKY: Who is your favorite author?  I read many booka throughout the year, so hard to narrow it down.  I love Dan Brown and Grisham novels.  Currently working through the Alphabet Mysteries by Sue Grafton.  Also feel good beach reads for the win.  
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15, 15+6

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 🎀🎀🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a jar of nutella 

Upcoming appointments: 7/7 for 16-week appt, Ultrasound, blood work & Gestational Diabetes test 

How are you feeling: pretty good! Feeling large all of a sudden - I think it’s because my clothes aren’t really fitting and I’m having a tough time finding new things that are comfortable except for stretchy dresses

Rants/Raves: rant - I have been buying some small things for the baby that aren’t on my registry because they aren’t available where I registered and it’s been fun to shop and start collecting things. Things like some burp cloths, a hooded towel, and specific brands of onesies and zip up footie pajamas - all that fellow-mom friends recommended. I’ve bought maybe a total of 10 items. This weekend my stepmom made the comment that “there’s going to be nothing left for anyone else to buy” and “you do realize you can buy clothes after she’s born.” I was so frustrated and just said “well first of all i haven’t registered for any clothes because I’m currently trying to figure out what brands i like the best, and it’s good that she’s MY daughter, I make my own money that I can spend however I choose to, and So I’ll buy whatever I want her to have and return whatever I don’t like that other people buy.” It didn’t go over very well, but I was just so annoyed and couldn’t stop myself from making a mean comment back.

As this pregnancy continues I am increasingly wishing my Mom was still here to help me, because she would put all of these bit***s in their place and shutdown their unhelpful opinions on my behalf, and she’d support whatever it is I want or choose to do even if she didn’t agree with me. 

The women in our families are making me just want to stop providing any information to them about the pregnancy because all they do is tell me why I’m wrong about my decisions. Just shut up. My body, my baby, my money - my choices. 

this is tough! I love reading. So Jane Austen is an obvious classic favorite because her stories are timeless and my favorite genre. A more modern author - I really love Emma Straub - I met her when she was working at a bookstore in my Brooklyn neighborhood called Book Court which has since closed. She published her first book - a collection of short stories called Other People We Married in 2012 ish - and now has 3 more novels published. They’re all just great stories to get lost in. I’ve got her newest All Adults Here on my list still to read.

She also owns the newest bookstore in the neighborhood called Books Are Magic which is a really cute shop that I go to whenever I’m back in NY to visit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/17, 15+4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: pink!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an orange/a canary/Spongebob Squarepants  :D

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow! OB appt and AFP labwork

How are you feeling: almost back to normal! I think my iron supplement has finally started to make a positive impact.  I still get occasional nausea at night but my appetite is on the upswing overall.  I'd been having a lot of anxiety about this pregnancy, which is better this week too (I'd lent my Doppler to a friend and got it back a few days ago - hearing the baby's heartbeat again really eased my mind). 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant - I've never been that into the 4th of July, but I'm dreading it this year with the already overabundant local fireworks.  My poor storm-phobic dog thinks the world is ending!
    Rave - The husband and I took our first mini-vacation with the baby for his 40th birthday.  We stayed in a cabin on a pond in the middle of nowhere, and the cabin owners haven't had anyone else in the place since at least March, so I felt very safe and able to relax.  Getting to watch DH share his love of water with the baby made my heart melt.  FYI - this floatie worked great for DD (10.5mos): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085TCYGZV/

GTKY: Who is your favorite author? I love to read but I don't have a favorite author...too many amazing choices! I recently re-read "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern and really enjoyed it. 

@shelmcclel I'm so sorry that your family members are giving you a hard time and aren't being more supportive.  I definitely bought a bunch of outfits and toys for my baby on my own - in fact, going shopping for her for the first time with my husband is one of my favorite memories from my pregnancy!  It's YOUR baby and YOUR pregnancy, and you should enjoy every moment of planning for your little girl - the haters can go shove it 
    >:)   
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15

FTM/STM/STM+: Stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Not finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Chipmunk

Upcoming appointments: This week

How are you feeling: Feeling pretty good but wishing I was feeling more consistent movement for reassurance

Rants/Raves: None this week!

Questions: None this week

GTKY: Who is your favorite author? I like to read but don't think I have a favorite
  • Options
    readermom1readermom1 member
    edited June 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+2 12/20

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 
    A chocolate eclair 

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow 

How are you feeling: Okay, still tired but most of my food aversions are going away. Starting to feel more like myself!

Rants/Raves: The bump wouldn’t let me post at all last week! I could type what I wanted to say, but when I hit post reply it would disappear! I hope it works today! 🤞 

Questions:

GTKY: Who is your favorite author? This is impossible for me to choose. Jane Austen is one of my favorites too! I’m rereading Pride and Prejudice right now! I like Elin Hilderbrand for Summer/beach reads, I like historical fiction and I also like Fredrik Backman.

@shelmclel Sorry your mil is giving you grief again! It sounds like she wishes that she were the one having a baby!

ETA: Now the bump won’t let me tag either! Sigh...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16 weeks due 12/15

FTM/STM/STM+: third

Team Green/Pink/Blue: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an apple

Upcoming appointments: Monday at my OB and lab corp on Thursday. 

How are you feeling: Better! I've actually had a bit of energy the last week or so and I've managed to be pretty productive around the house which also makes me feel good. I just have to remember not to over do it. 

Rants/Raves: I feel like this baby is sucking me dry of brain cells. This pregnancy brain in unreal. I do the dumbest shit and then I get on my own nerves! Lol

Questions: I had one...but surprise surprise...I forgot! 

Oh I used to love reading! Not so much anymore as i feel like I just dont have the attention span. I read a lot of Stephen king, Grisham, Mary Higgins Clark. I cant think of any others right now, but maybe I'll pick up a new book soon!