October 2020 Moms
Options

Covid concern

Is anyone worried ab getting covid, had covid or been around anyone with it while pregnant?! This past week I have been exposed to several people that either had it or a symptomatic...I didn’t know it until after. One the the situations I did not have a mask on. 

Re: Covid concern

• Options
    I was definitely worried.  Prisons are notorious breeding grounds for outbreaks, particularly since our (mostly highly conservative) staff tend to have a very right-wing "don't tread on me, this is a free country and I will do what I want" attitude and thus poor mask compliance.  I was making lots of squawks about mask compliance and they were getting ready to put me on 100% telework when all this happened - to date there are 29 cases among staff and ~150 inmate cases at one of the prisons I work at and 8 staff cases and no inmate cases at the main prison I work at.  And I know it's going to get worse.  But given the whole "oh hey, really you wanted a June baby" stuff I've been dealing with, this is no longer a concern for me since baby is in her own place in the NICU and both dad and I have tested negative several times.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @nola1119 we already have a covid thread.  Perhaps if you look for it you might find what you’re looking for rather than starting a whole new thread to address something we’ve already got going.  It would also be appropriate to introduce yourself in the intro thread and read the “read this first thread”.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. I didn’t see another thread. And your response is a little rude. Thanks for for concern 
  • Options
    @nola1119 She wasn’t rude she simply directed you towards the threads that will help answer your question and navigate the board. You just joined so it can be a lot to learn and those threads help you figure out how the board works. We’ve all been forming bonds since way back in February. We’re more than happy to welcome any new members, we just want to get to know who you are and not have to answer a bunch of random questions from people who haven’t put the time and effort in getting to join and know our community. 
  • Options
    I didn’t take it as rude but I think it goes to prove your point a little bit, @anitamargarita_82. Those of us who have been chatting with you for a few months saw that you were pointing her in the right direction. @nola1119 think of it as marching into a birth support group in week 6 of 12 and announcing to the room “I need us all to talk about X subject!!” You don’t know that we all discussed that in week 3, but you also made no attempt to introduce yourself to anyone, learn the curriculum or structure of the class, etc. There are some moms in here that joined recently that I hope would agree that we are happy to welcome new people in, but there’s a reason we have a structure, and I would encourage you to read up on it. If you don’t want to, that’s your prerogative, but if nothing else I’ll repeat what I said in the other Covid thread: please alert your doctor ASAP that you have been exposed to confirmed cases. 
  • Options
    I don’t think this is the group for me lol. Hormones are raging. Wowww. Lol 
  • Options
    This is my 5th. I think I’m okay. I wish everyone luck lol warm welcoming. Y’all should re-read comments before y’all post. I guess maybe I’m from the south and little more easy going and nice. Thank you @kboydbowman for your nice comment and reply. Much appreciated. I don’t need to review guidelines. This is an app lol!!! May your children be health and well. ✌🏼
  • Options
    I always think it’s hilarious how people think they can discern tone over text. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18