December 2020 Moms
Options

GTKY Monday 06/29

When everyone was younger, I’m assuming we all went on dates here and there before meeting our spouse or SO. 

What’s the worst date you have ever been on? What happened? Weither it was a blind date, a friend that set you up, or just a random person that you met that asked you out for coffee/drink. Let’s hear these stories! 

Re: GTKY Monday 06/29

• Options
    I actually have only seriously dated my husband, since we started dating in eleventh grade.  

I unintentionally went on a date with a guy in 8th grade.  We went to the skating rink and he said a bunch of people were meeting us there.  Then no one else showed up.  We hung out for a while and then he said "I will love you forever and
    ever, for all eternity, until the end of time." I freaked out and used the skating rink phone to call my mom.  She then had to drive him home.  I was already switching schools in the fall, so I never really had to see him again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    edited June 2020
    Super awkward semi-unintentional blind date. I'd just moved and was signing up for the local gym, and the guy working on my application invited me to a birthday dinner for a friend of his. He was clear that it was an attempt to set us up, but based on how he described it I thought it would be a group of people and figured why not? It's something to do, and I'm new to the city so couldn't hurt to meet some people.

It was him, his friend, and me. That was it. Less than 5 minutes in it was really clear that neither he nor I were interested in each other, but still had polite conversation. Gym Guy kept pushing, and then convinced me to come with them to watch a movie (after all, it was only a few blocks from home, he knew where I lived from my application). I don't know why, but I agreed (probably because I'm a terrible liar and couldn't think up an excuse), just extending the awkwardness further. They were both super nice, and even walked me home afterwards since it was late, but just very uncomfortable. Then I had to see Gym Guy every time I went to the gym, and he wasn't the type to let it go. He'd come up every time to chat (first of all, one of the last places I want to chit chat is at the gym when I'm drenched in sweat and the color of a beet; second of all, wasn't interested), until eventually I quit and found a different gym.
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 omg haha 🤣 your movie date made me laugh so much. How awkward is that. And the loud talking and moaning? Lol wtf?? 
  • Options
    @akoros Oh my god when guys try to talk to me at the gym, it makes me SO MAD. Like, I have headphones in, I’m focused I my workout, leave me alone! I’ve actually started just being blunt nowadays and telling them to leave me alone.

@bearmomma1 Ack that’s so cringey on both counts!!!

@shelmcclel Good for your for being honest!

Mine was probably a blind date set up by a friend. We were going to a bar “for a drink” but when we got there, the guy said he wasn’t drinking and had already eaten after I ordered a beer and some food. It was so awkward, he just watched me eat and drink and then told me the reason he wasn’t drinking was because of some really sad stuff with his dad and alcohol. I was like (in my head) “why would you take me to a bar?!” I kept trying to keep things light and failing. After a while, I was just desperate to leave but when I went to use the bathroom he had ordered me another beer. I felt so bad bc he clearly wanted to talk to someone but it was so awkward. I don’t think I’ve ever drank a beer that fast and then I was like “I need to go now.” There was no second date haha.

• Options
    I’m 23 and I’ve been with my husband since I was 15. So no worst date stories for me. But these are my favorite to hear 😂😂
  • Options
    I started dating my Husband at 15, none of these for me thankfully. I dated a few other guys before but no horror stories. The only one I have kind of is an after date horror story. It was basically a hook up date. I was in 9th grade, so high school, but 13. He was in 8th grade, the junior high. but the same age. We had a hook up date and his stupid ass made the mistake of telling people. Bro, if you want girls to make out with you, shut the fuck up! It sure never happened again. 
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    @laurenspdx I was 23 and not nearly as confident/forceful as I am now. Was way too "polite" and obliging!
  • Options
    @feather_heather wow! What guy complains about that on a first date?? How bad and inappropriate is that. 
  • Options
    My worst first date was this guy I met online. We went to see Batman Begins, which I actually wanted to see, and he kept trying to make out with me and feel me up. After the movie, I wanted to go home and was trying to go up the stairs to the el station and he kept following me. He later called my cell phone and sang Wonderwall by Oasis 😳 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @akoros Isn’t it awesome how the older you get the more you realize you don’t have to put up with that kind of nonsense haha? I’m still a super nice person but if someone (a man) makes a comment that I don’t like, he will be hearing from me. I would have never been able to do that in my 20s. I love my 30s haha.
  • Options
    akorosakoros member
    @laurenspdx I know, it's amazing. I never believed my mother when she'd tell me that I'd grow up and stop caring so much about what other people thought. That's why I put "polite" in quotes, because there are definitely polite/nice ways to shut something down