Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 6/30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Tuesday 6/30

• bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 19/21 including 2 benched 

CD/DPO: 25,7

Timing: -3,-1,O

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: maybe Friday 

R/R: This TWW is flying by. I really have no desire to test but 10 DPO is my cutoff of when I’m not comfortable having a drink without testing and it’s a Friday so I probably will test then. We will see. I woke up yesterday with what I think was a nasty stomach bug. I know covid can have GI symptoms but it just doesn’t seem likely. Who knows though. I tried to suck it up and go to my client’s office still and then just felt too awful and had to leave. I’m feeling much better today so I hope it was just a 24 hour thing. Now to try to catch up on everything I should have done yesterday - ugh. I’m probably going to have to work on Friday to get back on track 😢

CS/Q:

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 21/4

Timing: -5, -2, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 🤷🏻‍♀️ 14 ish?

Testing: I’ll start 10dpo (7/6) I’ve developed a POAS obsession after LH testing 🤣

R/R: Pretty content over here. 

CS/Q: good temp rise this morning 😊

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 I hope it was just a 24 hour thing, too! GI bugs are my least favorite. I always end up throwing up with them. Hopefully you can catch up and still enjoy some of Friday off!
    TTC History

• @bows22 Boo to the stomach bug and having to possibly work on Friday but yay for the TWW going by fast!

Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD/DPO: 20/4

Timing: -3, -2, -1, O, +1

Typical LP length: 9-10

Testing: Next Tuesday (11dpo) if AF hasn't shown

R/R: I am a masochist and signed on to another intensive 2 week work project so I am going to work through Thursday but then hopefully still take the three day weekend and dive back in next week. I hate that I am still playing catch up from being slow in January, it just makes it too hard to turn anything down even though I am hella burnt out. MH went and got his blood work done yesterday afternoon so we should be in good shape to start whatever IVF protocol the RE thinks is best next week (unless this is my unicorn cycle, haha). 

CS/Q: Got my CHs as expected. 

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• bows22bows22 member
    edited June 2020
    @chindimples04 seems like you’re cruising through the TWW!

@legallykate ugh I wish your firm had less work in general! 

TW for LC

Do you feel extra pressure to do more work because you are WFH with YD? My department has an unfair amount of new work this year and I feel like I can’t speak up as forcefully as I should because I know people view me as slacking because of DD...even though I work basically all day. it’s been really frustrating.

• @chindimples04 Hey hey cycle buddy! Your temp rise is looking good!

@bows22: (TW for LC)
    I do think that's part of it, I have definitely felt the need to assure partners that I have childcare and am fully capable of WFH at full capacity. It is also just stressful because so many other large firms have done layoffs/paycuts/etc. and we rely so heavily on my income (MH works too but I make significantly more money and pay most of our bills). I for sure feel like I work all the time and barely see DD even though I am home, she is becoming a daddy's girl  :'(
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate love a good cycle buddy!
    TTC History

• @bows22 I'm sorry you were sick. I hope it was only a 24 thing!

@chindimples04 fingers crossed the temp rise is a good sign!

@legallykate glad you and DH are on track for you conversation with the RE next week. Hope you still get a 3 day weekend!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 18/5 (or 18/3 based on CM and cervix position)

Timing: -5, -2, +1 or -5, -1

Typical LP length: 12-14 days

Testing: 7/8 if there are no signs of AF

R/R: looking forward to MH getting to the lake tomorrow. He had to work the beginning of the week.

CS/Q: seeing @bows22 comment about testing and drinking, how do most people proceed? When I was last on TTGP, there were a lot in the drink until it's pink crowd. I've been thinking about it at this cycle since I am on vacation and we often being cocktail hour a little sooner than at home. When we are all hanging out and chatting, I have a tendency to have an extra drink or two. Nothing excessive, but definitely more than usual.

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @DoubleUp8 I used to be super strict about not drinking at all in the TWW, but as the months have gone by I have become more lax. I drank this past Saturday night which was 1dpo but probably won't again this cycle since I will be 7/8 dpo this weekend and I still don't like drinking around when implantation might be (largely because I like stalking my chart then lol). 
    *TTC History*

• @DoubleUp8 I’m not really a drinker so I just don’t. *TW* living child 
    With my first, I ended up have 2-3 small glasses of wine 3 days before AF was due, mostly because I didn’t expect to be pregnant. Probably wouldn’t do it again, but my midwife then said it was too early for it to affect anything. 

TTC History

• bows22bows22 member
    edited June 2020
    @DoubleUp8 to add on to legallykate’s comments, I usually will just do 1 drink if I’m 6 dpo or later because of implantation but I can’t say I always 100% follow that. I definitely feel like I’m “drink til it’s pink” I just think that once it’s possible to get a positive then I need to know one way or the other.  Honestly, even then I think it would be fine as long as I don’t go crazy but I wouldn’t enjoy it enough to make it worth it! 
  • krash_krash_ member
    @bows22 sorry you were sick! From what I have read the GI symptoms would accompany some other COVID symptoms too. If you didn't have a fever I would just say it was a bug. 
    @chindimples04 nice temp rise! 
    @legallykate I'm sorry all of that pressure is on you. I hope you can enjoy your long weekend, spend time with your family and come back feeling refreshed!
    @DoubleUp8 I don't have a problem drinking during the TWW but I do try to drink less and avoid alcohol altogether from about the time I ovulate to after potential implantation. 

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 28/15

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: -

R/R: Why am I still here!?! I would just like AF to come already so I can move on. Temp drop and BFN means I am not KU but because AF is taking her sweet ass time I keep thinking *but what if I am totes KU* I am SS like it's my job and keep reminding myself that those same symptoms are PMS symptoms. You are not a some peggy unicorn that is KTFU after BFN's. On a positive note the raspberry bushes we planted two years ago are going gangbusters so I had a really good yogurt parfait for breakfast with granola, almond butter and raspberries. 

CS/Q: 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• krash_krash_ member
    Welp. I spoke to soon. The b*tch just arrived so I guess this is CD 1. 

*TW LC*

• bows22bows22 member
    @krash_ I do the same thing on the day AF is due, every month. I’m sorry that you aren’t a unicorn Peggy but I’m glad you are able to get the next cycle started!
  • @bows22 yikes! Hope you are feeling better today! Sorry you may have to work on Friday. 

@chindimples04 nice temp rise!

@legallykate I hope you are still able to have a long weekend with the extra work!

@DoubleUp8 I used to not limit alcohol during the TWW, but the last couple months I have stopped drinking as soon as I confirm O (same goes for caffeine). It’s mostly just me being neurotic about “doing everything right” haha!

@krash_ sorry for CD1, but at least the limbo cycle is over! 
  • lurking
    sorry @krash_ for CD1 but i understand just wanting the next cycle to start!
  • Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 36/10-12

Timing: good!

Typical LP length: on progesterone so it’ll be 14 at least

Testing: tomorrow eeeek!

R/R: I got so caught up in tags that I almost forgot to do my own update haha! I have to go to the dentist this afternoon to get a cavity filled (ugh, they find one every time they do x-rays) and I 100% do not want to go. It’s small, but all the way in the back, so it’ll be annoying I’m sure.

CS/Q: I would really love for my temp to have gone back up today, but I keep telling myself that my room is just cooler than it has been, and that it’s still well in the “higher” range.

• @krash_ boo! But also Yayy to a fresh start? 

@runningoncookies sorry about the cavity. Hopefully you are in and out quick and it’s nothing to crazy!
    TTC History

• @bows22 glad you are feeling better! Hope it was just a quick bug or something you ate. 

@chindimples04 I get obsessed with poas when I do opks too. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and have to pee and will make myself wait so that I have a better hold for a hpt lol

@legallykate sorry you are still feeling the effects of the slowdown in January! I hope you get to relax a bit this weekend and that burnt out feeling recedes a bit. Yay that YH got in for bloodwork!! That's great that that part of things seems to be moving quickly. 

@DoubleUp8 I'm not much of a drinker, but definitely of the mindset drink till it's pink. I think unless you're drinking an entire bottle of wine every night you'll be ok 🙂 especially since you're drinking earlier than usual, your drinks are more spread out. Have fun with YH up there now!

@krash_ right there with you with SS special unicorn thinking! Glad/not glad CD1 came so you aren't wondering anymore. Hope you can get some self-care/pampering time in today, and that AF isn't too b*tchy.
  • @runningoncookies good luck with that cavity!! And with testing tomorrow!

Month/Cycle: 14/12

CD/DPO: 24/11

Timing: -3, -2

Typical LP length: 11-13

Testing: blaring BFN this morning.

R/R: still crampy all over and pms symptoms. Ready for AF to get here and move on to the next cycle. I have an initial visit with a RE next week so I think that's helping me not feel so bummed. Hoping to get some answers or at least a plan in place. 

My rave is summer food. We have been eating so many fresh vegetables and I love love love the taste. I love how easy good food is in the summer.

CS/Q: temp still up today

• @krash_ I'm sorry for CD1 but glad you aren't in limbo any more.

@runningoncookies ugh, the dentist is the worst. I hope it is quick! Fingers crossed for testing!!

@_orchid_ I'm sorry you are stuck waiting to move on, but I'm glad the RE is giving you something to look forward to.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @_orchid_ your temps looks great! FX for you!! 
    @krash_ and @acleverusername I felt sad to see your AFs arrived. Hopefully this cycle you'll both get your BFP!
    @ashaislurking it's you and me now on 15dpo +
    @acleverusername thanks for your support of me hanging around. I certainly don't feel worse hanging out in TWW, just a little like I don't fit in since I'm not considering myself to be in the TWW anymore. Although TB is a very supportive community that I feel like I genuinely need when I'm in the TWW. I have been on provera a few times before.
    @keikilove Although I hate being in the dark with my cycle, and temping sounds really helpful for that, I'm not convinced on temping. It seems very accurate for the ladies on here, but I don't want to put a thermometer in my vagina. That's where it goes, right?
    I don't want to use opks without clomid now. But that may not be good logic because CBAD has a disclaimer about using their opks with fertility medication. Though they don't say why.
    @bows22 I think you're right - I had a false surge. I agree that another true surge is possible before having a period. But I didn't want to bother because I feel discouraged, the CBAD opks are expensive, my cycles are very long, and next cycle I'll have clomid anyways.

Month/Cycle: 6, 2

CD/DPO: 59, 24

Timing: Time for AF

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: No

R/R: Do temping thermometers *have* to go in your hoo-ha to get the most accurate cycle readings (plus crosshairs)? Also, exactly why does Clear Blue Advanced Digital opk have a disclaimer about clomid use? How would clomid get someone a false negative or false positive? They don't explain on their test instructions.

• krash_krash_ member
    @mighty_montgomery you do not have to temp vaginally. I never have. There is some info on temping orally vs vaginally in TCOYF. I don't remember exactly what it said but it was enough to assure me that temping orally is perfectly accurate, unless you fall back asleep with your mouth open while temping. 
    *TW LC*

• @mighty_montgomery regular thermometer in the mouth! I have a digital one that goes to the hundredths (for example, this morning was 97.79). People usually temp first thing in the morning and then mark it. 

😂 I also would be a bit wary about a thermometer in the vag 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @runningoncookies still well above your coverline! Good luck testing tomorrow!

@_orchid_ ugh, I’m sorry for the BFN. I’m glad you have the RE appointment coming up? Any specific recipes you have been using this summer?

@mighty_montgomery I don’t know much about CBAD and the clomid warning. If you want to check out the IF thread someone there may know! 
  • @_orchid_ sorry for the BFN!! I’m with you with loving summer veggies right now

@mighty_montgomery I’ve always temped orally! From what I’ve read, my temps might be a little less rocky if I temped vaginally, but there is no part of me that wants to do that haha!
  • Okay, awesome! Then I will consider temping.
  • @bows22 I'm glad you're feeling better and hope it was just a 24 hour bug. Hopefully you can catch up quickly!
    @chindimples04 Hahaha I feel the POAS obsession HARD! It's definitely a thing. There are times in the early TWW that I'll take an OPK just for shits and giggles (this is how I discovered that my LH levels slightly increase before AF shows, funny enough).
    @legallykate It sucks that you're still needing to take on intense work to get your hours balanced out! Hopefully y'all get some good answers from your doctor!
    @DoubleUp8 I personally am mostly a drink until pink person but I SIGNIFICANTLY cut back in the TWW. I'll have a drink or two here and there in the TWW until about 8 DPO then I cut it out completely until AF.
    @krash_ Sorry about CD1. Sending hugs! Glad you're out of limbo!
    @runningoncookies Hopefully your dentist appointment goes well and it's not too annoying/painful!
    @_orchid_ Sorry about the BFN and the cramps! Hopefully your RE appointment next week goes well and gives you some hope about upcoming cycles!
    @mighty_montgomery I orally temp! My temps are a bit erratic but I still get a clear shift when O happens so I don't really mind it much. As far as Clomid and OPKs, as long as you don't start testing with OPKs until 3 days after your last dose of Clomid you should be fine! Before then it can cause false positives. Clomid triggers the release of LH in the bloodstream, so levels MIGHT be artificially elevated because of the Clomid while you're taking it.

Month/Cycle: 5/5 unbenched
    CD/DPO: 37/22
    Timing: -5, -2, 0
    Typical LP length: 14
    Testing: If AF doesn't show by next Monday I'll be testing again before going in to see my ObGyn for labs and provera.
    R/R: Midterms are already killing me. My professors both put out announcements yesterday that our exams are over the entirety of the text instead of just what we've covered to this point. Not thrilled about that.
    CS/Q: Not going to share charts the rest of my cycle, but things are still as they have been for the last... five ever?
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Is this how to post our charts?

• @mighty_montgomery I just take a screenshot from the main page. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    TTC History

• kvh22kvh22 member
    edited June 2020
    Crazy day to day. Sorry to potentially post and ghost but I'll try to come back and do tags if I can't do them now!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/7

Timing: -4, -1, +1 (the -1 and +1 were in the morning so I guess I feel a bit better about that +1)

Typical LP length: 14-16 days

Testing: trying to hold out for AF or at least 12DPO unless I feel differently than I do for PMS

R/R: Really productive day today (hence not making it on here until now)

CS/Q: So I woke up at 4am and took my temp after 10 mins of lying still since I was worried I wouldn't get a good amount of sleep. It was 97.52. Fell back asleep around 5am and woke up at 6:20, took my temp and it was 98.36. The 4am temp is welllll below my coverline and the 6am+ temp is well above it (highest so far by a little bit). I cannot seem to wake up at consistent times.

@bows22 sorry about the stomach bug but glad you're feeling better.

@legallykate bummer about the extra work and the need to keep up appearances

@krash_ sorry about the BFN but yay for the new cycles

Re temping and drinking in the TWW:
    I tried temping orally and it didn't work for me. It was completely erratic and even with charting CM, I never got crosshairs (solid or dotted) so I switched to vaginally temping and it was amazing how different it was for me. But everyone is different and it sounds like I'm in the minority.
    I drink *less* in the TWW (1/2 to 1 drink max a night - decreasing as the TWW goes on).

@ashaislurking I'm holding out hope for a delayed BFP but if not, I just want you to get AF and start a new cycle. This limbo must be so frustrating!

TB wouldn't autofill in the tags for me so hopefully I got them all right from memory. I'm sure I missed something I wanted to respond to but I'm going with it

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @ashaislurking sorry you are still in limbo.

@kvh22 glad you had a productive day. Some times those are just what you need!

Thank you for all the responses on the dining question. Rereading, please don't think I'm a lush, I just drink more than 1-2 drinks when we are on vacation, but it's not usually more than 1 an hour. Thanks for all the feedback!
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @DoubleUp8 Ha, I *AM* kind of a lush but definitely didn't think you were. We just live near tons of good wine and beer so it's become something that we "do" together as a couple. I don't binge drink (can't remember the last time I went to a legit bar, honestly - it's been years) but I drink more than the recommended 7 drinks in a week for optimal health. Most of what I drink is red wine from our (5!) wine clubs.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @krash_ Sorry for CD1 but glad you are out of limbo at least. Your raspberries sound delicious!

@runningoncookies Hope it went okay at the dentist, I am way overdue for a cleaning but still too scared to go in, hopefully I won’t have a million issues by the time I finally go back. I think your temps still look really good!

@_orchid_ Sorry for the BFN. Hope you have better luck tomorrow or AF shows so you can move on and hopefully get a plan together with the RE.

@mighty_montgomery I have always temped orally, as long as I do it at the same time every day mine aren’t too jagged and I can always detect a BBT shift even if it is somewhat questionable due to my hormonal issues.

@ashaislurking Still hoping for some clarity for you! That’s obnoxious of your profs, everything is already so hard right now, they could cut you some slack on exams.

@kvh22 I hate when I randomly wake up before my normal 5 am and especially when I have to get out of bed to pee and it messes up my temp. I think you can probably assume your temp should have fallen somewhere in between those two.

*TTC History*

• @legallykate ok, thanks for the help! I was wondering if my really long cycles would just look like a mess while temping but it sounds like consistency and timing makes a lot of difference.
    I bought a bbt thermometer today. I hope I won't be using it very long. I'm sure everyone else feels the same!