Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 6.29

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

What's a "small win" you have from last week?

Re: Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 6.29

• What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? My small goal is water intake; my bigger goal is gaining some weight.

How's everything going? I bought some new sparkling water to try and I liked it. It wasn’t great but was tolerable, so hoping that will help break up the super boring flavor of plain water. I really dislike water. I only enjoy it when I’m particularly thirsty. Gaining weight has not been as easy. I’ve been trying for months but can’t seem to put on more than 2-3 pounds, which isn’t enough. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? My big struggle is the nausea. I always get super nauseous mid-cycle and I can’t eat or drink like normal, so I’m battling that.

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I got some frozen fruit to add to my water and that made some glasses more tolerable, too! 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @keikilove thanks for starting this! I feel like we've been forgetting this thread most of this month!

@chindimples04 I hate plain water too! I always add a flavor enhancer (like Mio) that you squirt in. I drink SO much more water now

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Less soda/more water, yoga 2-3 times/week

How's everything going? Been doing fine on the water front. If I do have soda, I try to limit it to 1 soda a day or every other day, but I may lax that a bit on weekends. I did yoga once last week - on Tuesday when I had a shitty work day. Did a decent job at calming me down.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I'm on the struggle bus trying to get in the habit of doing yoga. I'm good some weeks, bad other weeks.

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I got nothing *shrug* just chugging along on most things
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I used mio energy when I was a gym rat lifting weights all the time. It was my ore-workout. I should get some today when I go grocery shopping! Thank you for reminding me that exists! Soda is my favorite beverage, specifically fountain soda. It’s just sooooo good! I found that Bubbl’r has been a decent soda replacement for me most days. Not sure if you have that near you. Natural caffeine from green tea, tastes sweetened, has the fizz and flavor I like!
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 it's too easy to love soda lol. Sparkling Ice is a great carbonated water if you're into that. They have some good flavors but they come in plastic bottles. Mio has been absolutely fantastic for me and they have really good flavors!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @chindimples04 what are you focusing on to gain weight? Have you talked to your doctor about it? I'm not trying to gain weight but still focusing on good fats a lot and not counting/minimizing calories. So full fat dairy, avocado, etc. (especially in smoothies).

@inthewoods23 what are you doing for yoga? I have a hard time with some yoga videos being too out there for me or not trusting my form.

I'm not big into soda (we still have 6 coke cans in our fridge from almost two years ago and the other 6 were only used when we had friends over who wanted mixed drinks). BUT we drink red wine and one glass at night usually turns into two so I'm trying to stick to one glass while TTC.

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Getting out to run or some other kind of cardio 3-4x at a minimum. Core exercises 5x. I'm not sure with of those two will be harder.

How's everything going? Life is just so busy right now it's hard to carve out the time to focus on me but I'm hoping I'm on a good kick and can keep this up.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I'm getting more sleep which is giving me the energy to get up in the morning and run. If I don't get up and go, it doesn't happen once work stuff gets started. Plus it's so hot during the day and there's a lot more people out which I'm trying to minimize exposure to.

What's a "small win" you have from last week? in the past 5 days, I've gone on 3 runs and one mini hike. I also just started a new PNV which is a protein powder (I can't swallow pills so usually take gummies) and it has encouraged me to make smoothies the past 3 mornings which is awesome and I feel like gives me a great nutrient boost in the morning (strawberries, blueberries, mango, banana, kale/spinach, yogurt, milk, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, and avocado + the protein powder PNV). I'm doing a half scoop and then a gummy at lunch and a gummy at dinner. That's probably way more than you all needed to know but I'm excited to have a more complete PNV option and a good mode to actually take it (although it's *fine* mixed with just water if making smoothies is too much).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 I've been watching Yoga with Adriene videos on Youtube. She's got a lot of variety! I've been sticking to the 10-20 minute long videos. I haven't tried any of her 40 minute long ones. I'm building up to it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @inthewoods23 Ooo I got super into Yoga with Adriene a few years ago when work stress was messing with my cycle. I should probably try to get back into it but my cholesterol is a little high so I'm supposed to be doing more cardio than I am so I've been prioritizing those (bodyfit by Amy is a favorite on youtube if I can't get out to run before it's too hot).

• @kvh22 can’t do dairy, but I eat avocado a lot, cook everything in olive or coconut oil. Dr says it’s because of the lack of dairy and *TW* living child
    BF DD. But I can’t introduce dairy yet either because of DD. 
    And I just eat....all day long. 🤣
    TTC History

• What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?
    Drinking plenty of water and walking at least 5 times a week

How's everything going?
    So far not great, but it's only Monday. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? Came back from a tiring weekend of camping sunburned which make me not walk to go for my walks

What's a "small win" you have from last week?
    If anything, last week was a fail on both counts. We walked everywhere when campingc, but didn't do any hikes or such so I don't really count it.
    @chindimples04
    *TW living child*
    I also can't do dairy as my DS can't do dairy and is bf. We cook with a lot of olive and coconut oil. We also eat a lot of oatmeal, which I've heard can help with weight. 🤷

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @Kenneylynn3 yep, and lots of eggs for breakfast, too. I just want to be at a healthy weight. It’s hard because people thinking being skinny is ideal, but being underweight is just as challenging as being overweight, without the difficult impact on my body.
    TTC History

• kvh22kvh22 member
    Made it out for another run this morning!

@chindimples04 have you tried PB or almond butter? 
    TW LC
    Don't toddlers sometimes grow out of the dairy issue, too? Just curious as if you do get KU, calcium intake while BF and pregnant is very important. When I did it last time, if I'd been able to continue past 20weeks (milk dried up), my OB said I'd really need to focus on my calcium and dairy wouldn't be enough on it's own as needs of baby and BFing toddler are high and they'll get it before you do. BFing while pregnant and eliminating any food group entirely can make getting enough nutrients difficult so just check in with your docs on that if/when the time comes. I've done a ton of research as well as having pregnancies closer together depletes some stores so I have a few very specific supplements I added like Choline, D3, K2, and focusing on having folate instead of folic acid in my prenatal and that the amount was high enough. I eat yogurt every day to make sure I'm getting enough calcium for now but will have to focus on adding even more leafy greens that have calcium if I continue to BF. I had labs done for vitD and iron and I was in the lower end of normal for both but it'd be ideal to be higher. Sorry for the novel, I just have done a ton of research on this.

• @kvh22

Yes, there is a chance she will outgrow it. We start the dairy ladder beginning of August, but based on accidental dairies in the last couple of weeks, I don’t suspect she’ll pass. My midwife knows I’m dairy free right now. I’ll probably need to add calcium supplements and D3 when I do conceive especially if I’m still breastfeeding, my people with anaphylactic dairy allergies still conceive and breastfeed and produce healthy babies so I’m not too concerned. There are lots of calcium rich foods that aren’t dairy products.

TTC History

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @chindimples04 oh yeah, full fat dairy can help get pregnant based on various studies but it's more a concern of you having brittle bones once you're actually pregnant (and not until at least second tri). DH has anaphylactic reactions to dairy but it developed in his teens.