FFFC 6/26

Confess 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: FFFC 6/26

• I feel like all my confessions revolve around food... I ate a whole box of Kraft mac n cheese yesterday. It was delicious and I’m forcibly stopping myself from doing it again today 😬😬
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• mamahoschmamahosch member
    edited June 2020
    I have to say, I’ve never been a particularly “healthy” eater and I am kind of picky, though it’s gotten better with age and even my husband agrees I’m better at eating certain foods. But I can’t remember my last healthier meal I’ve eaten during this pregnancy... we do a lot of takeout or easy meals😬 I do make sure to get some veggies and fruits in during a meal though!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been eating pretty terribly but not in huge quantities. Like I had Reese's Puffs for 2 of 3 meals on Wednesday. Oops. I eat much healthier when I'm not pregnant but that's mostly because I'm usually just trying to hold off nausea whatever way I can. Plus, I could be surprised, but when I took the gestational diabetes test with my daughter my level was super low 1 hour after drinking the sugar. Something like 55. They called me when it came back to check on me and told me to eat something immediately. Apparently I have an overly efficient pancreas.
  • @carrotsandpeas3 that’s the one thing I’m worried about. I’ve had such sugary cravings, and had Cocoa Puffs for breakfast for about two weeks straight. I’m afraid my glucose test is going to show it.
  • @mamahosch I don't think the cravings and what you eat right now are all that related to actually developing gestational diabetes. I wouldn't eat Reese's Puffs the morning of your test though. 😂 Maybe you will be like me and essentially have the opposite of GD. Who knows!
  • jgrodojgrodo member
    I've been so nervous about the glucose test too bc I def eating way more snacks then I usually do.  But I had the screen yesterday and then when I got home I was like well ... And ate some of my hubs random treats that I don't normally eat including a couple Skittles and starburst and then a spoon of cool whip and a bite of chocolate haha. Hopefully my results will come back normal on Monday
  • @profmcgonagall are we not supposed to eat the whole box?!? Lol. I never feel full anymore, and it is starting to get super annoying. I did splurge on some McDonalds yesterday to include a Fillet o Fish, Large Fries and 6 McNuggets... I ate it all... I have never finished a large fries in my life... I blamed it on baby. 
  • I'm kind of jealous of that @aefsparrow! My appetite is huge but like 6 bites in, I'm full. If I eat past it, I just get really uncomfortably full and get indigestion...so then I'm hungry again like 2-3 hours later. Explains my pre-bed cereal habit I'm developing because I'm hungry 3 hours after dinner. 
  • @carrotsandpeas3 I'm the same. Every couple of days I can eat a whole meal, but most days it's like 1/2 of a pre-pregnancy meal and I'm stuffed. 

We have also not been eating great and lots of take out. I've never been a big salad eater (understatement! I didn't eat any lettuce before age 22), but that has been a major food aversion for me. I like the idea of a salad, then when it comes to eating it and I can't stomach the idea of taking a bite.
  • @aefsparrow we’ve been doing McDonald’s way too much. It doesn’t help that it’s only a couple minutes from our house. But I got DH hooked on their McChickens so that’s what we’ve been ordering lol
  • @carrotsandpeas3 @peanutorcookie Yesss I am the same way. I will be SO hungry, and then a couple bites later it’s like “I just ate so much I’m going to puke...” and then an hour later I’m starving again. 

@profmcgonagall I am super jealous... the great tragedy of my life is that my toddler does NOT like Mac n cheese, so I don’t have an excuse to buy it (because if I do my husband knows it’s just for me and I get a little judgy look from him).

My husband has started this big healthy kick, which is great because we need to make that adjustment in our lives, but it’s really bad timing for me. He’s like “here, snack on this lettuce” and baby is inside saying “no mommy eat the cookies!” 😂 The good thing is that he’s pushing for more seafood and chicken, and fish is about the only kind of meat I’m not having aversions to. 
  • My eating has improved but my H is a terrible influence and a huge sweet tooth, so...definitely hard to stay on track.

I told my husband I NEED to take time off. I work a demanding FT job, plus I consult 25-30 hours a month and teach Zoom yoga 1X week. His job is WAY CHILL and he spends most days playing games (he works in gaming). I know it's not his fault but of course I am way jealous. He takes on A LOT of childcare on days when I am swamped to it balances it out. Anyways, I would LOVE to take a one-week road trip somewhere remote like Montana. I have the time off and he does too so it's totally doable. But he has not moved a finger to make it happen. He knows that I am going stir crazy here at the house and that I am working my ass off and am super drained but if I don't plan it it just won't happen (plus now with recent news I don't even know if I should go anyways, but that's another story...). 

So...my confession is a bit silly and makes me feel like a brat but some days I just want to take a trip by myself even if I am just going to the mountains nearby for 3-4 days  :D
  • @morethanamama take me with you! We were supposed to go on a mountain trip this summer and then COVID happened  :'(
  • @ProfessorMcGonagall Don’t feel bad. I did the exact same thing two days ago. I usually add some veggies to counteract the unhealthiness of it, but this time I didn’t care. This is one of my, “my boyfriend is gone“ meals. 

And as for the glucose test, they had me take it super early in my pregnancy. I failed by 3 numbers, and was even told I would have passed on other doctor’s scales. I was only eating carbs because of morning sickness, and ate cereal and half a bagel before going. I was so afraid of throwing up on an empty stomach. When they ordered the 3 hour fasting test I threw a small tantrum, and got permission to test my blood sugar at home for a week. I passed that easily, and now just have to do the same at 28 weeks. While it sucked pricking my fingers so much, it was also so much easier! I still throw up if I don’t eat, so it would not have gone well.
  • Like some of you I feel like I'm always hungry, but can't eat much at a time. I feel like I never stop eating, but hubs says I eat less than I did pre-pregnancy overall. So he still encourages me to eat as much of absolutely anything as I can, whether it's ice cream or carrots. He always puts more on my plate than he thinks I'll eat. <3

My confession isn't food-related. A few days ago in a subscription box I got baby's first piece of clothing (a onesie that says "Hello, I'm new here" - super cute). Holding it and picturing actual chubby legs coming out of those leg-holes was a pretty big "Wow this is real" moment. My other reality moment was building the registry and realizing I would actually need these things. So, I feel a little bad because shopping and material things makes motherhood feel more real to me than a positive pregnancy test, hearing the heartbeat for the first time, or any ultrasound did.
  • I failed my 1 hr glucose screen twice last pregnancy. Originally I had opted out of the 3 hr test and monitored my own blood sugar, but when I transferred to the birthing center I had to pass the 1 hr or 3 hr in order to deliver there (due to licensing requirements). I passed the 3 hr with no issues. All this to say that I eat healthy most of the time with some indulging in sweet treats. My midwife actually thought I probably failed it because my body wasn’t used to dealing with that much sugar and suggested that I eat more carbs leading up the 3 hr to help my body adjust. I think a lot of people fail the 1 hr and pass the 3 hr. I don’t know too much about GD, but I don’t think it is specifically caused by eating poorly and you can develop it even if you eat healthy. 
  • AB518AB518 member
    @westslopemama  Your midwife seems to have a good point about the glucose test; I didn't think about it that way before.  With my other pregnancy, I failed the 1 hour glucose screen by one point and easily passed the 3 hour test.  I rarely eat sweet/sugary food except for some fruit, so I don't think my body is used to dealing with the amount of sugar in glucola.  I almost vomited both times.  I have my glucose screen next week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have my glocose test on the 6th and it's going to be 2 hr. My OB says that they do this so people don't have to do in twice and then do a 3-hr the second time. I never heard of it before and I'm not excited about not eating until 11 am but I guess so be it...
  • I had Taco Bell for dinner and it was great. Definitely one of my guilty pleasures. 

In lieu of doing the glucose test I’m checking my blood sugar for a week fasting and then one hour after breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I’m so glad they let me switch methods. 
  • @mckjacks I was so glad as well. Now I just test again for a week sometime in August!
  • I just realized I haven’t bought a single thing for the baby except for the travel system because of that sale Target had a while back. Baby #3 is so different! I guess being in house selling/buying mode also has me pre-occupied, but I can’t help but worry I’m having attachment issues or something.

My appetite is hit or miss. I either force myself to eat or am ravenous. Then I end up over eating and puking.
  • @coldbrew I'm in the same place, haven't bought a single thing because I don't want to move stuff. It would be real interesting if the baby came early :#