October 2020 Moms

Weekly Check-in, Week 1 (10/1-10/7) - 6/22

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY:What's your cooking speciality?  What do you make that's tastier than anyone else's?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 1 (10/1-10/7) - 6/22

• edited June 2020
    How far along are you? 24+5 (edited to correct)

Due date? 10/7

Upcoming appointments? Monthly OB check this afternoon!

Rant/rave? I don’t have any rants today... a couple raves: the nursery project is almost done, and baby brother has moved on from my bladder as his favorite place to kick! 😂

Questions? Anyone having circulation problems already? It’s something I’m planning to discuss with my doctor this afternoon, just trying to get an idea if it’s normal this early? I didn’t have this issue with big bro. 

GTKY:What's your cooking speciality?  What do you make that's tastier than anyone else's? I make a mean box of PastaRoni 😂 I’m okay at following a recipe, but cooking is not my forte. I find it stressful. 🤪
  • KurtniKurtni member
    How far along are you? 25 weeks tomorrow 

Due date? 10/7

Upcoming appointments?
    July 17. Seems so far away! I think after that I start going every two weeks which is a relief. 

Rant/rave? Raving about the camping trip we took this weekend. It was so nice to get out of the house and recharge. 

Questions? STMs what are you doing with your older kids at birth? Do you arrange for them to stay with a relative while you’re at the hospital or does your partner stay with them overnight?

GTKY:What's your cooking speciality?  What do you make that's tastier than anyone else's?

I really like to cook and bake. I got really into cooking Korean and Thai cuisine when I lived next to an international market. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • KurtniKurtni member
    @baseballismyfavoriteseason I haven’t had any, but never really did in my previous pregnancies either. What kind of problems are you having?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AB518AB518 member
    @Kurtni  I will be having my in-laws stay at my house to watch DS when I'm in the hospital for this delivery.  My house is more kid proof than their house.  I don't know if kids will be allowed at the hospital again anytime soon, so I just plan on needing someone to stay with DS the entire time.  Also, DH will need to stay with me most of the time because my hospital is currently not allowing the one visitor to re-enter the hospital multiple times a day at least right now and I would prefer for him not to leave me alone.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kurtni We plan to drop the toddler off at my parents’ house when we go to the hospital. They’re 5 minutes from our house and he goes there for daycare everyday anyway, so it’s pretty much a no-brainer for us. I remember when my little sister was born, my mom went into labor in the middle of the night so my dad brought us to a neighbor’s house and then my aunt and uncle picked us up the next morning. I went and spent the night at a friend’s house with her preschooler when her second was born, and in the morning brought him to school, and his aunt picked him up later in the day. Lots of different ways to do it if you have people close by that you trust. 

My circulation problems have just been in my legs—minor swelling in my ankles, mainly. My doctor wasn’t too concerned as long as it’s minor and only in my ankles. She said it’s pretty common for second+ pregnancies as the uterus tends to sit lower and cuts off circulation more easily. She recommended putting my feet up when I’m sitting. 
  • How far along are you? 25w1d

Due date? 10/7

Upcoming appointments? 3 hour glucose and OB appointment on July 6th

Rant/rave? I don’t know if I pulled something on my right side (by my rib cage) or if it’s a gall bladder issue or what, but it is uncomfortable every time I move. My OB said to call if it gets worse, but it hasn’t.

Questions? Anyone had a VBAC? Any suggestions?

I’m a really amazing baker, and made it into a small business for awhile (then had my son and stopped). Naked cakes are my favorite, but my chocolate chip cookies are phenomenal.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14