November 2020 Moms
Options

Week 4+ (11/22 - 11/30) - Check In Week of 6/22/2020

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Baby is the size of:

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures?

Re: Week 4+ (11/22 - 11/30) - Check In Week of 6/22/2020

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/23

Week of pregnancy: 18

Baby is the size of: an artichoke 

Upcoming Appointments: AS in a couple weeks 

Rant/Rave: rant is I’m still getting headaches and my allergies are so bad. Rave is I’m starting to be able to feel more consistent little kicks while laying down! So fun. 

GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures?: Hallmark Christmas movies. For sure. 
  • Options
    @surlyjaneausten yes, I could watch hallmark Christmas movies year round!
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Ecat504 sometimes I do. It’s a little embarrassing. 
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    edited June 2020

Baby is the size of: Artichoke

Upcoming Appointments: TODAY! I had my anatomy scan and appointment. Next will be a televisit at 22 weeks and then an in person at 26 for a check and the dreaded glucose screen. 

Rant/Rave: It was soooo good to see the munchkin on screen today and I'm hoping I can really start to let some feelings of excitement in. 

GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures? Ummmm...bad reality TV. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lalarose22lalarose22 member
    edited June 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): November 25. 

Week of pregnancy: 18 weeks on Wednesday! 

Baby is the size of: Pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: AS & midwife visit on July 8. Getting soooo excited to find out the gender! 🥰

Rave: I started to feel flutters last week! I am so amazed that there’s really a little human in there every time I feel them.  

GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures? The Bachelor and The Bachelorette aka bad reality television 🙈 
  • Options
    @crizz13 I’m soo anxious for my anatomy scan. So excited but PGAL brain is of course on high alert. Glad you got to see little one. 
    @lalarose22 those flutters are just the best!
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/30

Week of pregnancy: 17

Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: 7/15

Rant/Rave: Rave - I got to hear baby’s heartbeat again at my 16 week apt, which always makes my month 🥰 Rant - I have yet to feel any flutters! Ik it’s different for everyone, but I think I’m just so excited to start feeling them that I’m a little disappointed that I haven’t yet. 

GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures? The cooking show chopped 😂 I binge watched it like crazy during my first trimester 
  • Options
    @1sttimemomma98 I felt my first movements just about a week ago at 19+2. and only started feeling them steadily the last week or so (I am 20+4 today!). It seemed like everyone felt them earlier on so I totally understand the feeling. Hopefully you will feel it soon :)
  • Options
    @1sttimemomma98 I usually have to really tune in to feel the kicks still. I usually can only feel them while laying down. Sometimes while sitting. To me it has never felt like flutters, always a tiny poke or a push. I know sometimes it is hard when it’s your first because you’re not sure what to expect!
  • Options
    @bserena aw thank you! I’m hoping so too😊

@surlyjaneausten I thought I maybe felt them the other night, but my mom said it didn’t sound like it. I felt like a spot of discomfort/very slight “pain” and she said they should only feel like flutters. But I’m not sure bc I keep getting little spots of discomfort like that! So who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @1sttimemomma98 mine have never felt painful or uncomfortable at first. It’s so hard to distinguish at first because there’s a lot going on in there! I bet you’ll feel them really soon. 
  • Options

Baby is the size of: artichoke 

Upcoming Appointments: July 8th for AS and 20 week OB appointment 

Rant/Rave: I got free lunch at work today! Woo!

GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures? Romance novels! Not really trashy ones more like cheesy rom com ones. Kindle unlimited is full of them!
  • Options
    @1sttimemomma98 if it helps, I usually feel spots of discomfort/pressure that I assume are the baby moving around. It's usually on my right side and I don't know what else it could be! I haven't been feeling as much movement this time so it's hard to tell when it's happening. 
  • Options
    @surlyjaneausten @acdc1109 thank you ladies!! as a FTM I have no idea what they’re supposed to feel like. so it could be/could not be! It could also just be some growing pains from everything expanding, but fingers crossed I feel them soon🤞🏻
  • Options
    @1sttimemomma98 to add to this, mine don't feel like "flutters" at all, but maybe I just missed the "flutter" stage? Mine feel a lot like little twitches/spasms.
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    edited June 2020
    I'm wondering if the discomfort/pain is round ligament pain? I'm third time mama and can usually feel the movement as flutters like gas bubbles or ripples low in the center (below my belly button). It's also always when laying down. 

I know it's so hard to wait but with each of my pregnancies, I don't start to feel anything super strong or consistent where I know for SURE and don't question it until 19-20 weeks pregnant. Also if you have an anterior placenta, it'll be a lot harder to feel movement. You can ask where the placenta is attached during your anatomy scan :-)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bserena Mine feels kind of like an uncomfy spasm! It’s really brief and just feels like some pressure in a very specific spot. 

@crizz13 Thank you I’ll definitely have to ask at my AS! I’ve definitely considered that it could be round ligament pain, but I’m not quite sure what that feels like either 😂 All of these weird little pings have been right below my belly button, so it could definitely be round ligament! 
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 29

Week of pregnancy: 17

Baby is the size of: a large onion

Upcoming Appointments: AS in a few weeks

Rant/Rave: Rave: I've got a little bitty bump (barely) starting to show in clothes now. I'm a small-framed FTM and I've been very eager for the bump to appear. I know I will regret these words in a few months but, here we are. Rant: I'm getting restless legs before bed about once a week. Joining my husband on the bedtime dog walk around the block has helped.

GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures? Reading advice columns. I have daily and weekly rounds. I figure this has saved me $$$$ in therapy.
  • Options
    @asparagusseason I love advice columns too! And etiquette columns! I can get lost in them for hours. 
  • Options

Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 29th

Week of pregnancy: 17 and some change 

Baby is the size of:... hmm not sure this week a pomegranate I think 

Upcoming Appointments: I have a midwife apt on the first and our anatomy scan On July 14th 

Rant/Rave: Nothing really . My neediest client right now closed on her house on Tuesday so I’m pretty excited to have her off my plate , but that’s all minor stuff . 

GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures?
    I’m totally a sucker for teen mom OG, teen mom , 16 and pregnant all of them . Not sure why but they fascinate me . It’s the only way I make it through laundry is really shitty tv
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/24

Baby is the size of: Artichoke 

Upcoming Appointments: July 9 and AS July 10.

Rant/Rave: Why are maternity pants so expensive? Or maybe I’m cheap 😆

GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures? I am with @acdc1109 I am a sucker for some Romance books. But like her not like Trashy or historical ones. I mix in some classics too so I do balance it all out! 😂
  • Options
    @windywoman I have had really good luck on the app Mercari with used maternity clothes, just an idea! I got three pairs of work slacks for $5 each/$15 total and a couple pairs of shorts for like $7 and $9 I think?