October 2020 Moms
Options

UO 6/25

I’ll start...
Summer is the worst season even when not pregnant. 
Me: 27 DH: 27
Married 6/15/13
BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
~In our hearts forever~
BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

Re: UO 6/25

• Options
    @profmcgonagall No!!! I am totally a summer gal.  If it weren't for all this drama I would be in my pool today.  I will agree that it's the worst for my electric bill though!  At least here in Cali.

Mine:  Dreds on White people look super-stupid and dirty 99.5 percent of the time.  I judge White people who have them.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I used to think summer was my favorite season. Then I realized it was because I grew up an hour from the beach, in a town surrounded by two rivers, and with a pool. Now I live in the Midwest and summer here is miserable for me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @profmcgonagall I'm the opposite, I think winter is the worst season of all. I'm hyper-sensitive to the cold, so maybe that's why I hate it so much, but it also seems to drag on foreverrrrrrrr, and just when you think Spring has finally arrived, you get another cold snap and it's just frustrating.

My UO: Android is better than iPhone. I hate how restrictive iPhone is, even though they have some badass features, they're just not worth the money or hassle and I'm convinced that they push out updates to make older phones defunct thus forcing people to upgrade and spend more money. What a racket.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @babyodo Add me to the anti-Apple crew.  I've got a Galaxy S10+
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    babyodobabyodo member
    edited June 2020
    I hate that iPhone users always look at me like this whenever I mention I have an LG V30+.

It's like, sorry I have the option to change my ringtone so it's not like everyone else's and that my phone is actually fun to use *shrug*. I switched from iPhone to Android 8 years ago and it was the best decision ever. I HATED the two iPhones I had prior to the switch.

• Options
    Google pixel here! Android phones are great.
  • Options
    DH and I plan on switching to pixel eventually. My biggest hurdle is I love my Apple Watch and don’t want to have to buy that many new devices at once
  • Options
    I love Apple  :#

My UO is that soda is gross. I'll make an occasional exception for cream soda or diet Dr. Pepper, but otherwise bleh. I can't wrap my head around people that drink like 8 Cokes or Mountain Dews each day.
  • Options
    @themoonandme Pepsi is the only soda I like.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    I am a summer girl through and through. It also helps that I get summers off 😂 I’m also an Apple fan. Love my iPhone and I’m looking into upgrading to a new MacBook because mine is so slow and old, and since I’m taking master’s courses I’m afraid it’s going to crash.

Pepsi is gross. Coke products all the way (Diet Coke for me).
  • Options
    When I switched to a Samsung from iPhone a little over two years ago I was sooo scared! I'd had an iPhone for years. I ended up loving it though, and saving tons of money. I got a Pixel 4 a few months ago and I think I love that even more, especially because I love Google programs. My brother sent me pics from a family BBQ and he sent them over iCloud Photos or whatever. I was like...even when I had an iPhone I used Google Photos! What is this nonsense?! lolol.

Coke > Pepsi

Summer kind of sucks but I'll suck it up for outside toddler playtime. She entertains herself better, tires herself out better, makes less of a mess...
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    I also love summer. I despise winter and somehow ended up living in a northern state with winter like 8 months of the year. 
  • Options
    Soda 🤮
  • Options
    @MJDsquared my husband has the Pixel and loves it. If I wasn’t such an Apple fan I’d have switched over when he did! 
  • Options
    I love my iPhone and hate DH’s Samsung, but that might be because he has this stupid case on it that makes it impossible to activate the touch screen very easily! 

I like summer only when I’m in the mountains! We live about 45 mins from the mountains and the days around here are already way too hot for me!  It’s been about 90 degrees here, but luckily it’s not humid! I don’t understand how people deal with humidity!  I look forward to the weekends to go camping at higher elevations or I’ll take DS hiking during the week to get away from the heat! 

I used to drink soda more often, but now I only ever drink it during trail races, which I haven’t run since DS was 6 months old! I do love sparkling water! 
  • Options
    I just got the pixel 3a XL last week. I'm also all for buying one generation older and refurbished phones. I've always had good luck with them and can't rationalize paying $500-1000 for a phone. 

I love a good diet Dr pepper, but probably only drink one maybe once a week. I've been on a ginger ale kick lately though.

I love summer when I'm not pregnant. When I'm pregnant it's miserable! My heat tolerance is way down.
  • Options
    I hate dark sodas! I will only drink sodas like Sprite or Mt Dew, but mostly I try to avoid them. When I was working at our local pro baseball stadium, my team’s office was under a concession stand and over the weekend a horrific smell developed. We thought someone had vomited in the office and we looked ALL OVER for it. We eventually found the source of the smell—old soda from the fountain drain had corroded the inches-thick pipe and leaked into our ceiling (and eventually I found it dripping down the wall). It made me think—if it can cause that much damage to the pipe, what is it doing to my insides?? 😱 confession: I do still drink it from time to time, but not with the frequency I used to!

I love my iPhone. I went through several androids and got tired of having to learn a new phone and/or new operating system. I went through 3 Androids of different brands in one year—one was stolen but another one inexplicably crashed after a few months of use and no one could get it working for me again. Then I switched to iPhone and I’ve only had to replace it every 3ish years... a rate I can tolerate much better. 

Summer is also my least favorite season. August and September are generally our nicest months so I’m not thrilled about the timing of this baby... but it worked better for other factors in our lives so I’m just going to have to camp in the cool basement and buy a kiddie pool for me and the toddler, I guess. 😆
  • Options
    @themoonandme my rule has always been that if you take the Mason-Dixon line and draw it across the country, I don't want to live north of it.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    I'm not a big soda-drinker, but when I do I prefer Pepsi products. Specifically, wild cherry Pepsi (it's better than Cherry Coke). But, if there's root beer available - either A&W or Mug - then that's what I usually go for. I like a good, bitey root beer.

It's weird, even before I got pregnant I would get these cravings for carbonated drinks. I'm surprised I never bought a Sodastream. I will confess that I am addicted to La Croix. I'll drink 2 or 3 a day. My favorites have been berry, mango, watermelon, hibiscus, and limoncello. Can't stand grapefruit, though.

• Options
    @babyodo Limoncello La Croix is the MVP of sparkling water. I'm not a huge fan of the other flavors (I prefer Bubly) but Limoncello is the freakin bomb. Also, Mug rootbeer is especially trash  :#  I used to love rootbeer but drank way too much of it when I was pregnant with DD and worked at a brewery that brewed their own.
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    I didn't love summer until I moved somewhere with a mild climate.  I have absolutely no interest in living anywhere with hot humid summers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love la Croix too. Especially during first tri, it seemed to settle my stomach. I really like the cranraspberry flavor. And our regional grocery (Kroger) has a store brand blackberry citrus one that I love!
  • Options
    The boy person is big on sparkling water but to me it's all gross.  I love plain regular water!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    I love all sparkling water, especially because I don’t drink soda. Passion fruit and limoncello are the best La Croix flavors
  • Options
    Just here to say the Key Lime Lacroix is the best!  
  • Options
    I have to say all La Croix is 👎🏻 
  • Options
    I like most sparkling water, but mango La Croix is awful. For those that don't like it, try Waterloo brand. My husband hates La Croix and other sparkling water, but thinks Waterloo tastes good. My favorite is strawberry.
  • Options
    My UO is that I don’t like any carbonated drink, I pretty much only drink water, coffee, and wine. I never liked soda even when I was a kid and I can’t handle carbonated drinks, even sparkling water, since I’m not used to them.
  • Options
    Cream soda 🤢
    Coke>Pepsi
    Android for life (also a Pixel girl, have had a 2XL for 2.5 years!). We even switched to Google Fi and it's like $80 cheaper than Verizon.
    Summer girl here too although having a baby in a super long heat wave with no AC aside from my room was absolute HELL. Still prefer it over the cold, but I'm spoiled with California summers. 
    I used to buy a ton of La Croix but I really only like the lime, the grapefruit and the passion fruit. We got a soda stream as a wedding gift and it's been amazing!

• Options
    Sparkling water and tea are both disgusting. Coffee is ok but better if it's cold and with lots of cold milk.
  • Options
    @morethanamama do you like GoogleFi? DH and I have been talking about switching because our phone bill is outrageous 
  • Options
    @morethanamama @mckjacks   I have a 2.5 year old Pixel 2XL and switched from Verizon to GoogleFi, too! I have had no issues, just super low bills. Granted I am at home 99% of the time these days and so using WiFi. I think it uses the T-Mobile network, so if you know anyone in your area that has either GoogleFi or T-Mobile check with them how they feel about their service or check their service map for places you go. Get a referral code for $20 off for you and the referrer (2nd or 3rd bill). Let me know if you need one 😊
  • Options
    Team summer, Apple, Coke, sparkling water.
  • Options
    @mckjacks
    so far so good but depends on where you are I am sure. We heard from friends in California that it worked well and went for it. I absolutely love that you can use data abroad and be charged the same because I have family in EU and that will make life easier (whenever I am allowed to go back, lol).

• Options
    I always struggle to come up with an UO, but I guess it's this: there is no redeeming sparkling water, I want to like it but every one I've tried tasted like evil. Normal water is great, I'm up to drinking about a gallon a day.

Diet Coke, Apple, and winter! Yet I live in Arizona moving to Louisiana...I need to break out of the south.
  • Options
    jgrodojgrodo member
    Cherry Coke zero, my pixel has grown on me, usually a summer fan all about the beach but my can't deal with the heat  and humidity pregnant
  • Options
    @profmcgonagall I totally agree! I also hate heat and humidity. I liked summer a lot more when I lived in Michigan and there was stuff to do! Now it’s too hot to leave the house.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14