February 2021 Moms

Symptoms so far

Re: Symptoms so far

• @moguippy I ugly cried last night because my nausea has been so bad.

I called my OB to see what they could do and I got a prescription for bonjesta. We'll see if that helps.
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Loading the player...
  • moguippymoguippy member
    edited June 2020
    @tamalahoops last Sunday I cried bc I had just solo parented all morning, I was so tired and so nauseous because I was so hungry but I couldn’t eat anything because I was so nauseous. It was a brutal cycle. 

My dr just suggested Bonjesta during our phone call this afternoon. But she said she’s been having to fight with insurance companies to cover it. 
    ETA she said my last HCG was 91,000 which explains why I’m so nauseous already. 
  • @moguippy I am definitely with you on the random crying! Sometimes it feels warranted from being overwhelmed and sometimes I just shrug and say “This is how I am now.” 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Other symptoms are some bad nausea All day long while also starving, super bloated 😖, and exhausted! Which the exhaustion doesn’t bode well with a crazy toddler to keep up with at home all day! 
  • @vizsladogmom Wendy’s fries dipped in chocolate frosty are a go-to for me even pre pregnancy!!
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    My pregnancy friend, constipation, has decided to join the party.
  • @cmoon3 noooooooo!! I am SO not looking forward to that!!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @belle1390 I will go to McD’s for 3 hash browns and a large cup of ice!!! It’s the best right now! 
  • I feel like absolute trash today. I’m heading to my OB for a potential infection so that’s not fun... hoping I can just nap at some point. 
  • @birdiejo I hope you feel better!

I usually don’t have any pregnancy cravings but H mentioned 5 guys and all I wanted was their pickles. I usually get them on the side anyway to munch on but I was like I need those pickles. They were so good but I had to share with my DS and I really didn’t want to 😂
  • This weekend I figured out that I was really close to getting car/motion sick more than once. Evenings are still the worst with so much nausea and acid reflux already? 🥴 Food aversions are going strong over here, along with cravings—as in this is the only thing that sounds good over here so it’s the only thing I will eat. 😆 
  • @cmoon3 oh I'm so sorry.  I have the opposite problem when pregnant and have emergency poops on the reg.  it's super fun.

other symptoms: Very vivid dreams and my nips are standing at full attention all the time. 
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Ooo that reminds me I had a dream about Tyler Cameron (from the Bachelorette) last night....  :D  also I really REALLY want Jimmy John's.... do I really have to avoid deli meat???  I can't remember what I did with my son.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • KLS123 said:
    I feel like total dogsh*t. I somehow blocked it out of my memory that the first ~10 weeks my body feels like I stayed up all night slinging shots and eating gas station sushi

As a first time mom, why is this the best description for how I feel? 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• @shlecks just heat that sucker up! 
  • Anyone having bad midday headaches? 
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @tamalahoops haha I'm glad someone can relate to that colorful description of my current state  :D
  • belle1390belle1390 member
    edited June 2020
    Not really a symptom and everything I have read has said this is impossible, but anyone else feeling flutter-like sensations already (especially with a second or subsequent pregnancy)? I’m only about 7 weeks but swear I can feel tiny flutters of something moving for a split second here and there. With my son, I felt movement at about 13 weeks and remember that really small sensation (it’s not gas!). Pretty sure baby isn’t big enough to be moving anywhere so not sure what this even is, but something in my uterus is moving 😂

@shlecks - I never really followed the deli meat rule last time and don’t think I will now either. I gave up when I was so hungry at the mall one day and was about to make myself eat Popeyes fried chicken instead of the turkey sandwich that I really wanted - seemed silly to me. My OB told me if it’s a reputable store and not some sketchy gas station situation, it’s likely fine. My friend is a doctor in the U.K. and thought the deli meat guideline here was bizarre - over there, they actively advise pregnant women to eat  sandwiches as a health meal! 
  • @belle1390 I have absolutely been feeling flutters but I’m 100% certain it’s gas. I have SO. MUCH. GAS. It could maybe be your uterus growing?
    Also, my husband once got really sick eating gas station salami. So definitely avoid the gas station meat 😂 he still doesn’t eat salami to this day
  • @lena1024 yes to headaches.    :s
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @Cats*in*space I’m trying to determine if it’s caffeine withdrawal because I’m not loving coffee these days or dealing with my 4yo being home and trying to wfh. It’s a toss up to be honest 😂 
  • headaches here too. last pregnancy as well, OB said likely due to hormone changes in first tri. Yaye. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, all day I feel like I'm on a boat in rough waters and just realized I ate bad sausage the night before. The biggest difference between this and my pregnancy 5 years ago is that I am SO GODDAMN TIRED. I'm a teacher, so I'm off for the summer, and I've genuinely been taking a nap before lunch every day. WTF? Is this just what "geriatric pregnancy" feels like?
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• I just wake up feeling super hungover everyday. So nauseous and not wanting to eat. However if I don’t feel sick for a little bit my brain after loss is like what’s wrong? Am I having another mmc? Ugh anxiety after loss is awful!
  • @adorebel I nap every day when my almost 3 yr old does now that school is over. Take advantage of not working!
  • Nausea and vomiting hit me hard about a week ago (around the 5 week mark, same as last pregnancy). I finally got in to see my nurse practitioner and was given a prescription for diclectin yesterday. I hadn't been able to keep anything down, not even water since Friday last week, but I ate a bagel this morning and didn't throw up get. Small victories! 

@lena1024 Yes to the headaches! It could definitely be the caffeine withdrawal for me. I usually drink 4-6 cups a day lol. I have been having a little decaf in the afternoons to try and trick myself. 

• 6 weeks today and nausea hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. I’m lying in bed right now wondering how I’m going to manage a toddler while feeling this way. Hopefully he’s content to play on his own a bit while I veg on the couch. 😬
  • @hannahbananas11 have you tried Sea Bands? I just whipped my old ones out yesterday as a last resort at 7+1 and I felt 70% better after wearing them all day. I’m also in the “play on your own while Mommy lays on the couch” camp over here. 
  • My bonjesta was not effective :( My doctor recommended promethazine next. We'll see!  I'm really grateful to be working from home in my sweats. 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• cmoon3cmoon3 member
    Nausea is so much worse. I was so sick yesterday.  So, um, I got my beta results from Friday. It's over 25,000. They want me to have an ultrasound pronto. I go on Tuesday for my first appt and ultrasound.  
  • @szwill86 Vitamin B6 has been working well for me, thankfully!
  • I’m having a “need to vent symptoms” kind of a day. I’m so nauseous , I can smell everything and it’s all disgusting. I want to eat but it’s so unsatisfying and I feel painfully full after. I’m exhausted. I have a yeast infection and just learned the joys of shoving Monistat up my vag which essentially feels like I poured acid in there. I have this mystery left sided pain that I’ve had on and off for 2.5 years now ( haven’t been able to locate the source after a laparoscopy and multiple ultrasounds ) and it’s hurting today so I’m also worried about that. Gah. This pregnancy is rough. 
  • Anyone else with the pregnancy brain?  I’ve always had a problem with saying the wrong words but it’s 100000x’s worse when I’m pregnant. And I forgot to put a load of laundry in the dryer the other night. And I forgot birthday/Father’s Day cards for last Saturday and the list goes on and on. 
  • moguippy said:
    Anyone else with the pregnancy brain?  I’ve always had a problem with saying the wrong words but it’s 100000x’s worse when I’m pregnant. And I forgot to put a load of laundry in the dryer the other night. And I forgot birthday/Father’s Day cards for last Saturday and the list goes on and on. 
    Not going to lie.....this is my first pregnancy and prior to it I thought using the term was offensive and probably exaggerating. Now that I’m pregnant, the absentminded things I’m doing are not necessarily any worse than I might have done when tired pre pregnancy.....but they are happening WAAAY more often. I put a spoon in the trash yesterday, walked a block past where my car was parked earlier this week, and forgot where it was parked again today! Just to name a few.
  • Nausea before getting out of bed at it’s finest. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pregnancy brain... I put detergent in the fabric softener and fabric softener in the bleach... 😒🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Is anyone else having really stretchy achey feels in their abdomen ? I feel like my stomach is going to fall off already. 
  • @mdfarmchick I did that SO MANY times when I was pregnant with DS. Surprisingly haven’t this time around... that I’ve noticed lol. 

TMI I’ve been having diarrhea most mornings since I conceived. I chalked it up to making sure I was taking my full dose of metformin, and not always with food, thus giving me the dreaded side effects. So i dropped down to a half dose which seemed to make the diarrhea mostly better (although effing with my sugar). And tonight? BAM the pregnancy constipation. I had it bad with DS and it made me feel so crappy. I just want to poop normal 
  • cmoon3cmoon3 member
    birdiejo said:
    Is anyone else having really stretchy achey feels in their abdomen ? I feel like my stomach is going to fall off already. 
    Yes!  It's a heavy feeling.  So weird.