February 2021 Moms

June Active/fitness thread

Starting a monthly thread for all things active. Did you walk from the couch to the bed? It counts! Hopefully we can help keep each other accountable. I might try to check in daily. 

What active thing did you do/will you try to do today?
Goals for the week/month?
How are you feeling? (Physically/Emotionally/whatever)
Anything else?

Re: June Active/fitness thread

• What active thing did you do/will you try to do today?

Pending my AC getting fixed today (it went kaput last night and we live in South Florida, so it's quite warm in our house right now), I might do a Peloton app class. But we'll see based on the heat and my level of fatigue!

I went back to Orangetheory the week before I found out I was pregnant and started back on basically a 3 days a week schedule. The classes are 45 minutes right now, so I'm not yet hitting that 150 minutes of exercise statistic that they recommend. I'd like to hit that number by working out 4 days a week instead of 3, whether it's 4 days of OTF or 3 OTF, 1 bike.

It varies, but when I went to work out yesterday, I felt TIRED. Which, by extension, made me feel weak on the rower and in the weight room. It was a little frustrating, but I know it's only gonna get worse.

Anything else?

I usually work out regularly, but I did a whole lot of nothing during quarantine. It was too hot for me outside and my (non-Peloton) bike arrived after about 2 months of just SITTING. A month later, and the gym opened back up with precautions. I'm just getting back into an exercise routine and definitely want to keep it up, so this thread is great. I have a feeling some things are going to shut down again in Florida since our numbers are spiking again, but I want to be diligent with at least getting on the bike if that happens.

I’m currently walking laps in my backyard. Trying to hit 3-4 miles before I stop. I’ve been doing this almost daily for weeks now. My kids are at a terrible age for getting good walks in with them. (Too old for long stroller rides/too young to keep up any sort of pace) 

I’m in a stepbet challenge so for the next 5 weeks I need to hit my goals so I don’t lose my $40 😆. I really want to try to do some home workouts too but I’ve been The Laziest. 

How are you feeling? 

Tired and kinda gross but okay mentally. 

Anything else?
    i used to go to the gym 4ish days a week but haven’t been back since pre COVID and don’t have plans to. I’ve been doing some trainer Kaitlyn YouTube videos which I really like but have slacked off tremendously these past few weeks. 

@vizsladogmom my fam lives in SoFL! Hope you get your AC fixed stat I’m sure that’s miserable! 
  • Loading the player...
    I walked the dog for about 30 minutes for an afternoon walk and will take him on a 30 minute evening walk. Our typical routine. 

Keep up with the daily walks. 

How are you feeling?
    (Physically/Emotionally/whatever)
    Tired. So tired. It's also raining for the next few days, so that won't help either. 

Anything else?
    Before the lockdown, we were walking up to 7 miles a day. I can't wait to get back to exploring and walking more around new cities.  
  • I'm taking a 3-4 mile walk every day, but feeling too nauseated and tired to do much else!
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• birdiejo said:
    @vizsladogmom my fam lives in SoFL! Hope you get your AC fixed stat I’m sure that’s miserable! 
    Thankfully we are back to regulated temps in our house!

@ everyone, I hear you on the tired front. I feel totally wiped out by the early afternoon lately.
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @vizsladogmom oh lord, we would die if our AC went out right now (I'm in South Texas). Hope you get that back up and running ASAP

@birdiejo I just LOLed at the thought of walking laps in my backyard...it's 30 ft wide (we live in the city).

What active thing did you do/will you try to do today? 
    I went to the driving range to hit some balls with my DH this morning. Will try to get some yoga in this afternoon if I don't take a nap instead  :D

I do a HIIT class in the driveway with my neighbors 2-3x/week but I really need to get back into a good routine on my Peloton bike...that really went by the wayside when my sons daycare closed for COVID and I'm still working full time (from home). no time & no energy 

same as everyone else, so tired. Today I'm quite sore from my workout yesterday morning.

Anything else?
    I was in better shape when I started my pregnancy with my DS and I really think it helped my labor and recovery so I really need to kick it up a notch this time. I'm bummed I probably won't get to do prenatal yoga again since the studio is still closed from COVID.
  • Man, today has been rough. I only made it .5 mile into my walk before sinking into the couch for essentially the entire day. Nausea and exhaustion got the best of me! 

@KLS123 we have .5 acre but trust me it’s still pretty silly. I guess since I’ve been doing it for awhile now it feels glorious compared to when it’s raining and I do it around my dining table. 🤣
  • KLS123 said:
     I'm bummed I probably won't get to do prenatal yoga again since the studio is still closed from COVID.
    Many studios offer online classes! My regular studio, YogaWorks, is doing a ton of live streaming classes. Tomorrow all classes are free and there is a prenatal class at 12 est! I’ve never taken prenatal but I love vinyasa with Allison in Friday’s at 6:30pm est.

What active thing will you do today?
    I am working a 12 hour shift at the hospital so I will skip a real workout and aim to get 15,000-20,000 steps plus as many flights of stairs as I can.

I am a very regular exerciser. My goals now are to add kegels and pelvic stability exercises to my routine consistently, to be forgiving of my body if/when I have to modify, and to return to rock climbing when the gym opens soon.

how are you feeling?
    my heart rate runs high naturally and it’s already higher now that I’m pregnant. It has already made me feel my exercise tolerance is less and I’ve been feeling a little weaker. Also waves of fatigue or nausea have been hitting occasionally so I am trying to be forgiving of my body, but it’s not always my strong point.
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @manditchka24 my studio does offer the prenatal yoga online now but  my last prenatal class always went out for brunch together after and I still keep up with a couple of girls from the class so that's the part I'm sad about missing out on :(
    Thanks for the reminder to do my kegels today! I need to set up a reminder for that on my phone again...
  • vizsladogmomvizsladogmom member
    edited June 2020
    I’m really deliberating continuing to work out back at Orangetheory... COVID cases are spiking in my area. They’re still following the safety protocols they’ve set up but we don’t wear masks inside and I’ve noticed that as time passes a lot of members have become less cautious about keeping their distance during station transitions, entering, exiting, etc. 

Just venting here I guess. IDK what the right thing to do is. I definitely like the workout and if not for COVID wouldn’t even question continuing to work out there. But I don’t know if I’m taking an unnecessary risk.

ETA: I wound up freezing my membership for the time being so I'm not a nervous wreck about it. I guess that means I'll be turning to the Peloton app more than I thought to keep up with exercise through this pregnancy.