September 2020 Moms

Teacher & Covid

Anyone else a teacher and having a baby at the start of the start of the school year?  My district is so up in the air with everything - I wasn’t even able to have my sub figured out before school let out!  Oí!  I love my job so much, and I hate feeling like I would be stressed starting in the fall in-person. Any concerns about being around a lot of people (students and parents) before baby arrives?  

Re: Teacher & Covid

• Hi @knottie960456bbb50ddff5. That's a good question and unfortunately, I don't really have an answer for you (I work part-time from home, but DD was/is supposed to go to preschool this fall). 

Just so you know, pretty much everyone on this board has moved to a private group at this point, so you may not get many responses. Sometimes they check back here, but the board is barely active at this point.

I just started getting comfortable with being more active (poor timing on my part!) and I'm happy to talk with you if you want to join here. I recommend checking out the "Read This First! Board Organization" and "If Your Name Starts With Knottie" threads and introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread.
  • @ashwortl

Thanks for the info!  I used the Q&A all the time before they changed it awhile back, so I think I’m trying to use this the same way, but find it much more confusing.  I’ve tried changing my name from knottie- twice, and it hasn’t updated - I think the community board might just be unsuited for me!  Thanks for letting me know!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for the late response! I'm not a teacher but the school psych and my district is also a mess right now. One thing I've heard a lot of people (we have 4 of us out on maternity leave this fall) are doing is to make sure your OB writes your medical leave notice to state can resume duties from home or something to that effect. I plan on taking 3 weeks and then seeing where the district is at, if as I suspect it's remote learning I'll resume work since my duties are limited from home. My sup said I just need the doc to word it carefully. Good luck!