November 2020 Moms
Options

Plus Size Mom Check In - June

FTM? Or STM+?

How are far along are you?

How are you feeling?

How are you feeling about your bump (or lack of bump)?

Any questions regarding plus size pregnancy or birth? Or, for STM’s, anything you learned with your previous pregnancies? 

Re: Plus Size Mom Check In - June

• Options
    FTM? Or STM+? STM

How are far along are you? 16w5d

How are you feeling? Better than first trimester for sure! Main symptoms now are occasional headache, heartburn, and some tiredness still. 

How are you feeling about your bump (or lack of bump)? Feeling bigger for sure but I would say it still looks like I gained weight rather than am growing a human being. Lol

Any questions regarding plus size pregnancy or birth? Or, for STM’s, anything you learned with your previous pregnancies?  I would say that the best thing I learned when I was pregnant the first time is that you can be plus size and still have a perfectly healthy pregnancy! 
  • Options
    FTM? Or STM+? STM

How are far along are you? 17 weeks

How are you feeling? Great!! I may get tired quicker or have sore boobs in the mornings but overall I feel great!

How are you feeling about your bump (or lack of bump)? I definitely look and feel pregnant!

Any questions regarding plus size pregnancy or birth? Or, for STM’s, anything you learned with your previous pregnancies? During my first pregnancy I felt obligated to be doing something so I don’t appear to be lazy. Now I am absolutely lazy and I don’t care what anyone thinks. Im pregnant and if I wanna lay around all day I will☺️
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wychets I 100% support this!!! Besides, you’ll be super busy and exhausted with a newborn so I fee like you should be allowed relaxation while pregnant! 
  • Options
    FTM? Or STM+? FTM

How are far along are you? 17wks+1

How are you feeling? Really good for the most part! I’m still more tired than usual, but way better than the first trimester!

How are you feeling about your bump (or lack of bump)? No huge change for me so far. In some clothes, I look pregnant, but in others I look pretty normal. 

Any questions regarding plus size pregnancy or birth? Or, for STM’s, anything you learned with your previous pregnancies? Nothing specific to plus sized pregnancy, but I’m trying to find a good pregnancy pillow. Have you used any great ones??
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 with my last pregnancy I just bought the boppy brand pregnancy pillow. It worked fine but I also get like it was going flat by the end of the pregnancy. I also wasn’t a fan of how it wasn’t a wrap around one - meaning if you choose to roll over in the middle of the night then you have to flip the pillow to the other side with you. This was obnoxious because “rolling” over at 38-40 weeks pregnant became like a freaking Olympic sport and was more like flopping like a fish out of water but was also necessary since I was huge and would get uncomfortable staying on one side too long. I’ve been eying these two on Amazon but have t pulled the trigger yet. 

PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover, C Shaped Full Body Pillow Grey - Includes Travel Bag for Grey Color ONLY https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KIQH2VU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HrV4Eb5AHW91N

Meiz Pregnancy Pillow - U Shaped - Pregnancy Body Pillow - for Support Neck/Back/Legs with Body Pillow Cooling Jersey Cover, Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R72FHRL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nuV4EbGFE4T2N
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 Thank you! I switch sides frequently, so that was really helpful! I may get the Meiz pillow for that reason!
  • Options
    FTM? Or STM+? Third time and it’s a 😳 boy! Didn’t think I would be a boy mom 

How are far along are you? 16 weeks! Had our NIPT results yesterday and everything looks good 

How are you feeling? Wonderful now that the tiredness is gone. Perfect time to be pregnant is a pandemic though cause I slept whenever I wanted. 

How are you feeling about your bump (or lack of bump)? No numb just my mommy tummy and I’m okay with that 

Any questions regarding plus size pregnancy or birth? Or, for STM’s, anything you learned with your previous pregnancies? I had pre eclampsia with my first so now I take blood pressure meds during pregnancy and see a high risk OB. I’ll have a scheduled c section again so looking forward to that! 
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 I pulled the trigger and got the MEiz pillow. I only wish I had paid a little more attention to the dice because by default I ordered the 55’’ and even though I’m super short (5’2) I think it would have been nice to have the 60”.
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 I’m thinking about ordering one this weekend. I will definitely get the longer one! Does it make you hot while sleeping?
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 I haven’t felt any warmer while sleeping with it. But I do live in Florida and we do have the AC running full blast at night plus a ceiling fan above our bed. Haha. My 5 yo DD has also been snuggling up to it every night since she has been in our bed lately. Lol.