Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check-in June 15th

Hi Everyone!

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What was the first thing you wanted to be growing up?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy)

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 (Girl)

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@vetgirl2011 EDD???

@stella_700 EDD 12/28

@the_road_to_oz EDD???

Re: All Trimester Check-in June 15th

• Hi ladies!  I disappeared for a bit drowning slightly with the whole working from home full time with a toddler thing, but I'm still here.  DD actually went back to daycare a few weeks ago, but then I got busy with my quarterly work deadline this week...
    • How far along/EDD?  28w5d /EDD 9/2 but will schedule repeat c-section 8/26 or after
    • How are you feeling this week?  Tired.  I should really sleep more (like right now).  Broke out the snoogle a couple of weeks ago and that seems to help some - this baby is just bigger and I'm more uncomfortable and out of shape this time around.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Daycare despite its risks (there are only 4 other kids right now) has been such a lifeline.  Finally did our taxes today, and I'm still kind of overwhelmed by the prospect of cleaning out this baby's room.  But I've started a little nesting/shopping.
    • Any upcoming appointments?  Had OB appointment last week and see MFM this week (Wednesday).  And DH gets to go this time (he was denied at 20 weeks and I was pretty annoyed because no one called to tell us about the change in policy - and we'd gotten baby out of the house to join as well because no daycare at the time)
    • GTKY: What was the first thing you wanted to be growing up?  A dancer :)  I put DD (18 months tomorrow) in little ballet and tap shoes for kicks - it absolutely kills me how cute they are :p. Not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of in studio classes for her just yet though (she unfortunately lacks the attention span for zoom classes).
    Hope everyone's well!

About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    • How far along/EDD? 31+2/ Aug 16
    • How are you feeling this week? So tired, like first trimester tired. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Baby has dropped even lower, and let me tell you, it's a very weird feeling to feel him moving behind my hip bones. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Appointment on Thursday. May have an NST. 
    • GTKY: What was the first thing you wanted to be growing up? A large animal vet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @artemis618 I feel you on the getting ready for baby front. I'm still just like, we have time, ish. Mostly I'm just tired from chasing 2 toddlers around all day, lol. 
    • How far along/EDD? 28w0d / Sept 8th
    • How are you feeling this week? Feet and hands are very swollen to the point that it's painful. Still not getting comfortable sleep and just achy all over. So basically same old, same old. Lol. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?Rant/Worry - We still have not gotten anything done around the house like we've been wanting to and soon will run out of time. I just really don't have the motivation to do it though and my SO is not helping on the motivation front. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB on June 30th
    • GTKY: What was the first thing you wanted to be growing up? Hmmm. Either an actress, dancer or singer. I just wanted to be in front of ppl. Lol. 
    @wildrainbow - I'm also feeling first trimester tired! Saturday I didn't get out of bed until 1:45pm! I could have slept longer but I felt guilty!

@artemis618 - My OB office did the same thing. Changed policy and didn't say anything. They've actually done it 2-3 times. So now I'm just calling ahead of time because it seems like it changes every couple of weeks!

• How far along/EDD? 18w4d / Nov 13
    • How are you feeling this week? Overall really good. Did some longer walks this weekend and still no spotting so feeling more comfortable. Got a little sad again thinking that we won’t get to see my fam for the summer like we normally do but thank goodness for FaceTime
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Work is starting to talk about bringing people back into the office and I know it’s going to be a disaster bc my supervisions are not organized at all
    • Any upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan on Friday!! (June 19). Bummed DH can’t come but so excited to see the little one. We’re not finding out gender this time and I’m excited about it!
    • GTKY: What was the first thing you wanted to be growing up? A vet!
    @artemis618 we put DD in dance this winter and it was the cutest thing ever! 
    • How far along/EDD? 18wks (11/17)
    • How are you feeling this week? Still feeling good. Occasionally I have some round ligament pain when moving to quickly or sneezing. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave: I felt the baby for the first time over the weekend!!!
    • Any upcoming appointments? Fetal echocardiogram tomorrow and anatomy scan 6/23
    • GTKY: What was the first thing you wanted to be growing up? I wanted to be a marine biologist. I ended up being a vet, so I guess I stuck with the animal theme.
    • How far along/EDD? 32+4/Aug 4
    • How are you feeling this week? Better than last week! My parents and my sis came to visit and it was oh so nice. Was feeling miserable last week but some of that may have been mental than anything. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Just had a 32-week growth scan. Everything looked good except the baby’s abdominal circumference is a tad bit large. Was told to improve glucose control but my numbers hasn’t been that bad. Grrr
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB on Thursday. 
    • GTKY: What was the first thing you wanted to be growing up? Can’t remember. I don’t think I ever was the type to want to be something (career wise). I did write in my second grade ‘year book’ that I wanted to travel around the world and eat good food. lol I’ve done some traveling (Europe, Asia) and now live thousands of miles away from the country I was born and raised (the first eleven years anyway). I love to eat and married a guy who also loves to eat, so I’ve been eating well for the past twenty years. Guess my dream came true? lol
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
    • How far along/EDD? 34w – Jul 29th
    • How are you feeling this week? Lots of pressure on the pelvis since a couple of days ago, so not sure if the baby moved or if it is just the extra weight.  Every time I stand up the first few steps are a little painful.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Well, I ended up at the hospital last week for a few hours due to a false alarm.  I was at my house walking from the restroom to my office and I felt a gush of fluid, it was clear so I called my OB and he had one question, if the gush was before or after going to the restroom…and as soon as I said after, he said he as calling the L&D section and that I should go immediately.  No need to say I was crying and in panic all the way to the hospital.  When we got there the nurse started with some other very logic questions, that I wish my OB have asked before sending me to the hospital, like if it was a one time thing or if I kept losing more fluid or if (sorry TMI) had the chance to smell to make sure if it was urine.  They did a test and it came back as urine!!! So basically I was there for peeing myself.  The nurse explained that since my boy was breech, he was probably stepping on my bladder and when I started walking he moved and I finish emptying it.  She said is normal, it happens all the time and we did the right thing going.  On a positive note, we learned the protocols they have now due to the pandemic.  So we got there, I went up, DH had to stay at the lobby.  If after the tests they decided I had to be admitted I would be tested for coronavirus, just to confirm how I would be treated.  Then DH would get tested, if his test was positive he would not be able to stay, but if the test came back negative he could have stayed but he would not be able to leave the hospital and return because they would not test him again.  I hope we don’t have an emergency, but just in case this weekend I packed the baby’s and my hospital bag and DH packed his as he would be gone for a 3 day trip.
    • Any upcoming appointments? MFM tomorrow and then I go every week.  Regular OB next week.
    • GTKY: What was the first thing you wanted to be growing up? Special needs kindergarten teacher, very far from what I actually became…Business with a major in Finance

• @angelina1919 - what a scare. I'm glad all is well. And yes, you would have thought the doctor would have asked the same questions, but I guess he was just being extra cautious. 

@cashewchicken - do doctors typically do a growth scan at 32 weeks?

@mtpbadger - Do you have to go back to the office or will your job make an exceptions because you're pregnant? I just told my boss I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago. This week my job has decided to slowly have ppl come back to the office. So now I need to have a conversation with him that I want to continue to work from home. 

• @angelina1919 oh my goodness! Glad everything turned out okay! I remember during one of my classes for DD that they said that can be very common to not know the difference at that stage in pregnancy! My water broke last time and I honestly thought I had just peed myself until I realized it just wasn’t stopping!

@31magnolia I’m not sure at this point. I usually work in a college off site but it doesn’t look like they are bringing staff back for the fall. My office is bringing ppl back in three phases and really hasn’t given more information or any dates. I had a horrible experience last time I told them I was pregnant and then delivered early (the only reason I came back was bc I’m offsite and don’t deal with my managers very often). Supposedly they are supposed to let high risk individuals continue to telework for as long as possible as well as if you have childcare issues. But my manager said the other day that having daycare not open or lack of childcare due to the virus isn’t going to be continued authorization for telework - which is different than what our director and the federal govt as a whole has said. I’m waiting until I absolutely have to tell them that I’m pregnant and will go from there. Sorry, needed to vent a little too!
    • How far along/EDD? Dec 31, but we’ll be delivering the week of the 10th
    • How are you feeling this week? I was feeling much better until last night- I over did yesterday (swapped out my closet for maternity clothes, boxed up things that won’t fit for a year or so) and my feet swelled and I ended up throwing up all night, even with zofran and phenergan 😭 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? We have our gender reveal this Sunday! I am excited. We are doing a virtual one, just my parents who are the ones actually doing the reveal. My son has been very adamant it’s a sister, so I am hoping he doesn’t have gender disappointment 😬 not looking forward to correcting him for the next 6 months if it’s a brother. He’s stubborn (3)
    • Any upcoming appointments? Ultrasound next Friday! Everything came back fine on the NIPT, and I need to schedule my echocardiogram and mfm appointments. Mfm the OB wants me to do at 20 weeks, have them do the anatomy scan and do a fetal echocardiogram to make sure the baby doesn’t have my heart issue, since both my grandma and I have the same issue. Isn’t the end of the world if they do, but better to know, since it might mean OHS. 
    • GTKY: What was the first thing you wanted to be growing up? A lawyer! 
    Picture spam in the spoiler

• @artemis618 my son went back a few weeks ago- similar situation, just a few kids. I just, couldn’t anymore, lol. 
    @wildrainbow my son was due aug 21. It’s so miserable to be super pregnant in summer! Stay cool and hydrated!
    @cashewchicken glad everything was normal! 
    @angelina1919 my son tried to come at 32 and 34 weeks, it’s so scary. I’m glad it turned out to be nothing, and I definitely had a couple of scares after they stopped my labor of omg my water broke, nope pee. 
    @vetgirl2011 you’ll have to let me know about the fetal echocardiogram, I’m so nervous for it! 
    @mtpbadger we usually go see my in-laws on the other side of the country. Not this year. 😫 it makes me sad because that’s all the physical time they get with my child at this age. My FIL is afraid to fly 🙄
    @31magnolia if you haven’t done it yet- kiddie pool and a bag of ice from the gas station. Soaking my feet in ice water was the only way I got through summer third trimester. 

• vetgirl2011vetgirl2011 member
    edited June 2020
    @the_road_to_oz The fetal echocardiogram was easy, and thankfully everything looked great! They went ahead and did my anatomy scan at the same visit. I’m having a boy!!!! So exciting. I was really bummed that DH couldn’t come with me, but they gave me lots of pictures. 

• 31magnolia31magnolia member
    edited June 2020
    @mtpbadger - That sucks about your job! I hate when ppl don't even try to put themselves in someone else's shoes. But in your case it sounds like your manager is just making you their own rules and not following protocol from upper management! I'm glad you don't deal with your direct managers on a regular basis. 

@the_road_to_oz - Hey there! Ugh, sorry you were so sick. If it's early for my feet to swell (per my doctor), then it has to be really early for you!  This morning was the first day I didn't have any swelling waking up out of bed and that's because I finally bit the bullet and slept with the pregnancy pillow upside down. That way my feet were elevated. Unfortunately, my ankles and feet were still extremely achy. So not sure what that's about.  I will definitely try pool of ice! Thanks! That is sooooo cute about your son! Most kids wont the gender to be the same as theirs! I hope he gets his wish. I've been seeing the gender reveal meltdowns on facebook. haha. Not good. 

@mtpbadger and @the_road_to_oz - what are you two going to do so that immediate family can see and interact with the child? My SO's parents are also overseas. And they would usually come over once a year, but not this year. So we're thinking of putting up a monitoring camera and giving them access to peek in and look at the baby. Just need to find a way to control when someone can actually peek and talk. I don't want the crap scared out of me in the middle of the night!

@vetgirl2011 - Congratulations!!!!! I'm surprised they didn't let you FaceTime with YH. 

• @31magnolia lots and lots and lots of FaceTime! While I’ve been home, during lunch we FaceTime my parents and my dad (Papa) reads my daughter books while she eats. She gets SO excited and it’s so adorable. I try and FaceTime them everyday (or they call me) for at least 5-10 min. My daughter actually has a better relationship with my parents who live halfway across the country then with my in-laws who love 45 min away. She barely even recognizes my in-laws and knows my parents just by their voices. Another really cute thing we did is have my parents record a book (you can get them at hallmark or Im sure amazon) and made that a regular rotation in her books. And texted lots of pics and videos. I know some ppl do a google drive or folder for pictures so they’re not having to send the same ones to multiple ppl. I’ll do all the same for this little nugget but we’re planning on moving back to my home state and near my family this time next year and I am SO excited! 

Had my anatomy scan today and baby is looking great! It’s so crazy to see how much this nugget has changed and grown!
  • @31magnolia We have a standing Sunday afternoon family "dinner"  - We both got the hook up to link computers / cameras into our flat screen TV, and we do a video call for an hour every Sunday. His family has his extended family over on Sundays, his sister, our nephew, etc on an as available basis, and it lets everyone interact fairly naturally. 
    My son was barely talking, and going through a stranger danger phase the first time they physically met them, (he was 18 months) and he knew exactly who they were, and even said "Wuv oo Grpa" when my FIL took him from me at the airport. 
    My son now he is older will actually grab the phone and give them a ring on his own. He started doing that right about the time he turned two, and not he's almost four he calls them and my parents a couple times a week. 

• @vetgirl2011 Thanks for that! Yes, we are going to do my MFM appointment, my 20 week anatomy scan and the fetal echo all at once. They told me to plan to be there all day, since it's about two hours from home. 

• @the_road_to_oz That’s exactly what I had! It was a much longer appointment than I was expecting, but everyone was wonderful. It was a very good experience for me. Luckily I am only about 20 minutes away from the office.

@31magnolia They did offer to let me FaceTime, but my husband was at work since he couldn’t be at the appointment. 
  • @the_road_to_oz  and @mtpbadger - Oh I love the idea of Sunday dinners and reading via FaceTime. I like that much better than having a forced call to say hello, especially since my future in-laws will probably only see the baby in person once a year.  Like you said it's more natural.  I also love the book recording! Thanks for the ideas!

• Paging @hanshotfirst77
  • @BusinessWife - haha. I was thinking the same thing. @hanshotfirst77 - update please.

• @31magnolia Not sure how many u/s are typical as I’ve had GD with both pregnancies and had growth scans at 32 and 36 weeks.
    @angelina1919 I’m so glad it was just a false alarm and you got it checked out. I was surprised to learn during a labor class that only 10% of labor starts with water breaking. The way it’s often portrayed on tv, you’d think water breaking is the first sign of labor!
    @the_road_to_oz You look great! Love your honesty about putting your child back in daycare. I feel the same way, I’m barely handling having my son home lol.  With my mom on immune suppressant due to her RA, I need to keep him home if we need help from my parents so just a few more months...
  • @hanshotfirst77 Congrats!!! I’m glad that she came out quickly and that your son is in love with her! That’s so cute!
  • Congratulations!!!! @hanshotfirst77 You did it!!!  So happy for you and your lovely little family 💖💖💖 Enjoy all those little baby squishes and cuddles! xoxoxo
  • @hanshotfirst77 - Aww! Congratulations!! Glad you and baby are doing well. I love her name. :)

• Congratulations @hanshotfirst77!! Glad your little family is settling in!! And what a beautiful name!!!!
  • @hanshotfirst77 congratulations!!!! I’m not crying I swear 🌈🌈🌈😭😭😭🎉