November 2020 Moms
Options

Week 2 (11/08 – 11/14) – Check In Week 6/15/2020

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Baby is the size of:

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a kid? Did you follow your dreams or choose to do something different?

ECat504
SO
SD (11/2010)
DD1 (09/2014)
DD2 (10/2015)
Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)

Re: Week 2 (11/08 – 11/14) – Check In Week 6/15/2020

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD):
    Scheduled c-section planned for 11/10/2020

Week of pregnancy: 
    17 weeks + 1 day

Baby is the size of:
    Grapefruit, bell pepper, a stapler, or a disposable camera

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Anatomy scan on 7/2/2020, where I have to start paying the deposit of the delivery fees :(:(:( 

Rant/Rave: 
    Having a baby costs too much money LOL

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a kid? Did you follow your dreams or choose to do something different?
    As a kid I think I wanted to be a teacher. I was in school for criminal justice, I wanted to do nonprofit work for the innocence project - but I got pregnant with DD1 instead. Now, I work in employee benefits, with all the glory...
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/14

Week of pregnancy: 18w2d

Baby is the size of: grapefruit

Upcoming Appointments: Next Monday for the AS and then meet with a midwife afterwards. Still really bummed to be missing my husband for this.

Rant/Rave: I'm on a private Facebook group from the March 2019 board and man, it got rough this weekend. Tons of drama and bad feelings kind of came out of nowhere. And on top of all the ill will that just generally seems to be in the air right now (politically, Covid, etc), it just felt like too much. What had been a nice little space suddenly seemed like just another social media nightmare. Ugh. 

On the good side of things, we did go see some friends who have twin boys who are about a month younger than DS. So it was really fun watching the all "play" together. Playing mostly seemed to consist of taking toys out of each other's hands. But they were all pretty calm about it, so it was ok. 

I wanted to be two things: a librarian or a veterinarian. After I realized just how much of a vet's job is mired in extreme sadness, I quickly switched to librarian, and that's what I became. I gave up my dream job to stay home with DS, which was a really sad choice, but the right one for our family. Just the other day we happened to be driving my old commute, and it kind of bummed me out. After this baby, our last, I can begin the countdown to school and when I can start thinking about finding work again!

@Ecat504 They make you start paying ahead of time?! I've never heard of that! But I agree that it's pretty insane how expensive it is. People legitimately have to save up to even have the baby, let alone all the costs that come afterwards! Part of my decision to stay home was based on the fact that I'd be pretty much paying to work after the second baby came. Pretty bad that that's the state of things. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/13

Week of pregnancy: 18w1d

Baby is the size of: a mango

Upcoming Appointments: appt with my midwife on the 24th to start measuring baby

Rant/Rave: mostly that I live in Norway and the things I crave aren't found at the grocery stores. I can get ingredients to make stuff but its just not the same. Other than that I love living here! 

When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher. Then I got older and decided that I did NOT want to have to teach 20+ kids every day. It turned out the I started working at a daycare and then got my degree in Early Childhood Education so...technically I AM a teacher but just for kids 0-5 rather than elementary like I originally thought. 

@auburnvelvet86 I love books! (Especially kids books) and I've thought before that it would be glorious to work at a library! The only problem is that I most likely wouldn't get anything done and instead would be found, sitting in a comfy corner reading all the books! My own personal rave, but there are so many books that can offer therapy (aka bibliotherapy) for kids (I'm sure for everyone but my passion is toward children😋) I always nitpick the books I have in my classroom to make sure they don't portray anything too stereotypical because the kids internalize everything! Ok, i have to stop of this will get way to long and off topic!
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 10

Week of pregnancy: 19 today! 🥳

Baby is the size of: A guinea pig or retro gameboy!

Upcoming Appointments: phone appt later today and anatomy scan on thursday!

Rant/Rave: I’ve started my workouts back after a few weeks of nothing and I feel so much better!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a kid? Did you follow your dreams or choose to do something different? I wanted to be an actress or a singer, even though I was painfully shy. I went to college for my communications degree and did wedding videography for a few years. Now I am a teacher and I love it! I never thought I would ever want to be a teacher since I couldn’t speak in public without shaking violently 😂 but here I am and I love it!

@Ecat504 I hear you! We are having to prepay as well and it bites. The monthly payments are ridiculous, so I just told the lady I couldn’t pay that amount each month. Who could?! So thankfully she told me to just pay something on it and it’ll be fine. 💜
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 12

Week of pregnancy: 18w 5d

Baby is the size of: a grapefruit 😳 that seems huge lol. Weren’t these babies the size of a poppy seed like yesterday??

Upcoming Appointments: July 7 for anatomy scan 

Rant/Rave: We started back with the kiddos this week...I have such a sweet and precious class! I was able to have some of the same kids I had last year and then a few new ones. I missed my job and I feel like I have a purpose again, lol. The stay-at-home mom life is not for me. I’m not trying to make a statement about stay-at-home moms by the way, I just found that it really negatively impacted my mental health to stay home all day. I’m sure the quarantine aspect of it had an effect on that. Also I really really hate housework and I felt like that’s all I did! The house stays so much cleaner when people aren’t in it all day lol. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a kid? Did you follow your dreams or choose to do something different? There was definitely a teacher phase, so yes I’m a way I did “follow my dreams.” I feel like most little girls go through a phase where they want to be a teacher though, lol. I also went through a phase of wanting to be an astronomer and I still think I would have really enjoyed that. I love learning about space! I’m doing a unit with my preschoolers next month and it’s one of my absolute favorite themes ✨ 
  • Options
    @Ecat504 yes girl. I have to have half of the deposit paid by the a/s and the rest by 28 weeks. I’ve been slowly making payments to take some of the pressure off. Funny story, I accidentally had my DD at home (longer story for another time, lol) and I ended up getting like a $500 refund from the doctor for the delivery fee, lol! I did their job for them. 😉 

• Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/8

Week of pregnancy: 19

Baby is the size of: mango

Upcoming Appointments: meeting with the midwife on Saturday

Rant/Rave: rant- I’m starting to get annoyed with the friends and family who ask about the baby before (if at all) asking about me. And when I get annoyed, I can be brutally honest and blunt. So looking forward to those conversations.
    rave- I don’t know if it’s a pregnancy thing, but I’ve been feeling so blissed out lately. Like I’m swimming in a sea of wellbeing. I could definitely get used to this.

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a kid? Did you follow your dreams or choose to do something different?: When I was a kid I wanted to be an anesthesiologist. Organic chemistry classes at the age of 18 convinced me otherwise. I stopped following goals and started following interests, which led me to linguistics and neuroscience.

@babywiik I went to Norway once and loved it! I can see how cravings could be tricky there, though. I hope you can find some decent pickles soon. Maybe there are some recipes out there for refrigerator pickles that could work?
  • Options

Estimated due date (EDD): 11/12

Week of pregnancy: 18w 5 D

Baby is the size of: a postcard 

Upcoming Appointments: who knows 🙄

Rant/Rave: rant ...🤬My appointment was scheduled for July 2nd for my AS and appointment. When the appointment was made, I told them that date will not work for me, my husband will be at work. They said, he can’t come anyway. I was about in tears and said that’s fine. They said if things change call back and they will reschedule. My sister in law mentioned that my BNL was allowed to come to her next appointment. I called my doctors office 8 am Monday and they said yes, one person is allowed. I told them I wanted to change my appt. They transferred me to US dept and my AS appt was changed to July 1st and was transferred back to the OB side to change by OB appt, it went to voicemail. Someone returned my phone call and was super confused on what happened that morning with the appt change and said I couldn’t change my appt because I would be too far along. What? I changed it a day back. They said a nurse would need to call me back. This was around 3 yesterday, I followed up with another Vmail this morning. I have yet to hear back. DH works a week on and a week off and can’t take off during his week on. 
    I’m also prepaying... not sure what for, I have been given any of the requested paperwork and they keep charging me separately for different things. I’m hormonal and PO I want to go somewhere else, but not sure how the prepaid money would work. I think I need to find a new OB office.

Rave - It’s our 8 year anniversary today and my mother-in-law is keeping DD this evening.🥳 Party!! Even though I’m going to miss her!.... a friend called me today, and asked if everything was okay or if I’m butt-dialing him.. because I’ve FaceTimed him 3 times today.. nope not on my phone 😱🙈DD has the iPad !  💩 no telling who else she has been calling, I need to figure out how to turn that off.

I wanted to be a lawyer like the ones you see on TV 😂 After research I found that an accountant/CPA was the fastest route to graduating with a masters and credentials. All I have left to do is take that damn exam 🤮. I’ve never had anything that stood out to me like this is what I want to do, so I just went the realistic boring route. My mom is a teacher and my dad is a teacher/coach, and they told me not to follow in their footsteps🙈 they like the teaching, but the parents, pay, hours, and testing gets worse each year ... I however would be open to teaching accounting at a college.

@kitkatz1990 are you kidding only $500 refund for delivering at home 😳 I want like at least half of mine back if I deliver at home!  I am wondering how all the prepaid stuff would work if you deliver at home, or another hospital, because you can’t make it there in time.
  • Options
    @kitkatz1990 @1MommyRunner
    my options are $2,628 up front or 4 payments of $657 and that’s that 😭

@auburnvelvet86 my S14 had a split about a year into it. We have 2 groups, I think most women are in both but there were probably like 5 women who just couldn’t stand each other enough to be in the same group (plus they didn’t want the women they didn’t like to have access to their kids information / pictures / etc etc etc). But things have been really smooth ever since the split. I’m not sure what size other BMB FB groups are but we have 60 members in one and 64 in the other and for the most part now everyone gets along. There’s always a few hiccups when there’s that many women but clicks have formed and we’re all friendly as a group as a whole but some are definitely closer to each other than others. 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @Ecat504 holy moly!!! My total is $1600ish. I thought mine was bad but yikes!! They also notified me after my first prenatal appointment which gave me more time...I’m sorry they’re not being flexible with you! 
  • Options
    @potofgolden yea, only $500 back. You’re right, I should have gotten more, lol! It’s funny, I actually didn’t deliver the placenta until I got to the hospital. The on-call dr came in and told me to “push” and I got it out, then checked to make sure it was all out...he was in my room for maybe 2 minutes. I remember the nurses fussing about how he left the placenta there on the bed. Then a few weeks after delivery I got a bill from them for “placenta delivery.” Keep in mind I’d already paid my entire OB bill (different OB but same practice). I called them and told them they had lost their damn minds if they thought I was going to be paying them another cent after I’d already paid a full delivery fee and DELIVERED MY CHILD BY MYSELF. They dropped those charges, lol. Then a few months later I got a $500 check 😂
  • Options
    @Ecat504 I am so sorry they are being like that! ☹️ 
  • Options
    @1MommyRunner @kitkatz1990 I know it's not *totally* their fault, my insurance just sucks. Our company definitely isn't concerned with providing good benefits. The cool thing is a girl in my office had a baby at the same OB practice / hospital last year and she said she paid about the same thing and then about 6 months later she got a refund check for about $800 so hopefully that's how it'll work out for me too lol.
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @Ecat504 Yeah, I'd guess it's pretty common to have splits. It was just really surprising because it seemed to come out of nowhere, and the group was only about 40 people to begin with, so pretty small. Mostly it seemed to boil down to levels of participation and people's varying comfort with those who participated less (one of whom was me at this point). Oh well! I've had more luck with the private groups on the Bump anyways! Facebook just seems to bring out the worst in people. 
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 14

Week of pregnancy: 18

Baby is the size of: The red stapler from office space

Upcoming Appointments: Regular OB appointment this afternoon and AS next Friday 

Rant/Rave: I don't know if this is a rant or rav,  but had an appointment with my OB today and it was exactly 1 year ago that we went for our 12 week appointment with her and there was no heartbeat. Have been dreading today, but got to listen to Nugget's heartbeat with DH so was a good day in the end 💕

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a kid? Did you follow your dreams or choose to do something different? When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut and ended up an investment consultant... So nope! 😂 
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    To basically everyone... Wow... It's so expensive to have a kid in the States!!! I'm in Canada and I think we're spoiled with our free healthcare and 12 months mat leave! 
  • Options
    @mia80 I agree that were really spoiled! I came to norway as an amiercan and went to the ER twice before I had my residence card (because of morning sickness and a UTI..also it was the weekend so had to go there rather than regualr dr.) And both times as I was leaving they told me it was free because I was pregnant. I was so shocked! Like, I wasn't even a resident, technically just a tourist still! From what you guys are saying, it sounds like they charge for every little thing!!
    @kitkatz1990 I'm so glad you refused to pay for the delivery of the placenta when all the dr. did was say push and then just left it there! 
    Are all hospital nitpicky like that or are any better than others??
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/9

Week of pregnancy: 19wks & a few days

Baby is the size of: a mango

Upcoming Appointments: Fetal scan was earlier this week and everything looked good! Baby was uncooperative but we got a few good pictures. Regular appt in 2 weeks.

Rant/Rave: I began working out 2x/wk with a group of pre/post natal moms and my balance is terrible! With every lunge I'm losing my balance but I'm happy to workout again!

I thought about being a teacher until I began student teaching and a classroom of children is NOT for me! I even thought about a special education teacher, I really enjoyed my time in those classrooms! I still work with kids with special needs but only 1-1 or in small groups as a speech-language pathologist and I LOVE IT!!
  • Options
    OOPS! Super late coming in this week.

Estimated due date (EDD): 11/11 

Week of pregnancy: Week 19! Almost to that halfway point. 

Baby is the size of: Four-toed Hedgehog  :p

Upcoming Appointments: A/S on Wednesday!!! 6/24 then a phone call appointment with the midwife 6/25 I think.

Rant/Rave: My father-in-law came to visit this past weekend and left on Wednesday. I am always stunned after spending time with him and DH with how similar they are in their mannerisms. It was a great visit (though awkward at times for me since they are both relatively quiet people)! The rain here even stopped for a whole day and a half!!!

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a kid? Did you follow your dreams or choose to do something different? I wanted to be a singer (definitely didn't happen), a veterinarian (I'm not one, but DH is now!), or a pediatric doctor at random points throughout my life. I came closest to a doctor but realized in college that I actually wanted to have a life after college...not continue with schooling for another 8-12 years. So, I discovered occupational therapy from a friend I was taking anatomy with! It still let me be in the medical field, work with children, and it gave me time to have a life after college!

I was glad DH and I discussed having kids last year when we moved to WA. I signed up for a better health insurance plan instead of just our HSA we had previously. I pay a good chunk monthly towards it, but it's made pregnancy and (hopefully) childbirth not be as expensive. I am SUPER jealous of the 12 month maternity leave in Canada! I recently opened up this discussion with DH of when we would feel comfortable with me going back to work...I cannot fathom the idea of sending my 3 month old to daycare when my maternity leave is up.
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20