October 2020 Moms
Options

FFFC 6/19

Re: FFFC 6/19

• Options
    I had to start this thread because I need to confess that sometimes I write back to my clients in my head when they leave me feedback. For example, one of my clients left a long note about how our company doesn't need to be political (the company donated 500K to various organizations that are Black owned/provide assistance and resources to Black people). I can't actually write back to anyone, unless they request for me to style them again, and even then I doubt it would be approved for me to write what I want to write in some of these scenarios  :#
  • Options

I have eaten way, WAY too many sweets throughout this pregnancy. Donuts, cake, chocolates, ice cream. I always need a little something sweet after dinner. I'm a little nervous for my 3-hour glucose test next month.  :#
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babyodo now I need ice cream.
  • Options
    @babyodo I went to the grocery store the other day and DH requested I not bring a lot of sweets home.... So of course I bought gelato and hid it in the freezer and then made lemon cheesecake with a lemon curd 🤣 
  • Options
    I confess I'm sort of glad my OB visit yesterday was by phone so they couldn't yell at me about my weight gain.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I have a major sweet tooth (even when not pregnant) so I'm having the sweets issue too! Lol. A few weeks ago DH went to the store for just a couple things and came back with a slice of cake and a slice a cheesecake from the bakery and for the past few days I have not been able to stop thinking about that chocolate cake...
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 umm please give me that recipe!
  • Options
    @themoonandme Here it is! First time I've made it and haven't actually eaten it yet, but it looks good! https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/best-oreo-cheesecake/
  • Options
    @carrotsandpeas3 thank you, I know what I'll be doing while DH is golfing this afternoon!
  • Options
    The only exercise I've gotten this week (except 1 yoga stretch sesh this morning) has been in the pool...which is all well and good except most of my pool time is spent reading in a floaty. Sorrynotsorry!

I also have been bearing down heavily on the sweets. I'm normally pretty good about not indulging, but I am concerned about not gaining enough weight (I've only gained 4 pounds) soooo if I want ice cream, I gets ice cream. That's how it works, right? :#
  • Options
    kboydbowmankboydbowman member
    edited June 2020
    @amapa20 My sister from another mister! I also spend an inordinate amount of time floating in my pool and reading.  Currently it's the Call the Midwife series.  I call it my vitamin D time for the fetal occupant!  I usually spend 45 minutes to an hour a day out there. :)

Also, you can have some of my weight.  I'm having the opposite problem - I've gained 32 pounds so far!
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    The sweets have been a real problem for me too! I’ve had Cocoa Puffs cereal for breakfast every day for the past two weeks 😬 and ice cream almost daily. 
  • Options
    We have no pool which makes me sad, so I broke down and ordered an inflatable one that I have at least lounge in, that goes up tomorrow! I too crave the sugars, but try to cut it best i can with something less sweet, ie mostly cheerios topped with cinnamon chex. It helps, but i still crave my cookies and cakes.
  • Options
    I’ve always had a big sweet tooth and so does DH. I’ve been trying to bake only every few weeks and make healthy treats, such as mini muffins with minimal sugar. I’ve been having 85% or higher dark chocolate with PB for a treat at night if I’m craving something. I also got DH to stop buying ice cream because if we have it at home, I want it! I’m definitely not getting as much exercise as I’d like, yoga a few times a week, plus walks most weekdays and longer hikes on the weekends. 
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 Shooooot I went to Target today and briefly considered stopping in at Kohl’s too. Now I would have! 
  • Options
    I have barely exercised in the past 6 months, it's really sad. I used to teach classes and hit the gym regularly but I have no motivation. I did a workout last week and taught yoga once this week. I'm not too worried about my weight but mostly about how hard it will be to gain all my muscle back!!

As a confession, I have this urge to spend money and buy baby stuff but we owe a crap load of taxes so we need to hold off a bit more. I also want to take abroad trip sometime this summer so I know the money will be better spent there buttttttttttt gah, so hard!
  • Options
    I’ve been eating terribly (aka takeout mostly) this week because we are busy getting our house up for sale and I’m too tired to cook and clean it up. The PNV will balance things out, right? 😁
  • Options
    @coldbrew PNV?
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    I ate chick fil a for breakfast!  My DD woke up and asked for nuggets for breakfast.. and I was like you know what that’s sounds delicious.  Hopped in the car and picked up an iced pumpkin spice Americano on the way.  
  • Options
    @kboydbowman I think prenatal vitamins.

I got the cake I wanted last night. So good.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Prenatal vitamins

And don't worry @coldbrew - we have also been eating takeout pretty much every other night this week. The exhaustion has hit me hard recently, and by the time I should be cooking dinner, I'm struggling to even stay awake. MH is a good cook, but unless I pick something out and tell him what to cook, he gets aimless and doesn't know what to make, and he gets all huffy about it.

So maybe that's another FFFC for me: I f*cking HATE being the one to decide what we eat for dinner every night. I get it, I'm pregnant and have cravings and whatnot, but it was like this even before I got KU. I would love it if he decided what we have for dinner, even just 1 or 2 nights per week. But no. It's always on me.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @babyodo see, I kind of like it.  I ask, the boy person makes food appear.  All I have to do is decide - he either makes it or goes to collect it!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @babyodo I'm with you. Why do I always have to decide? That's actually one of my biggest worries about the baby coming. I can just hear him asking me what to do every other minute. "Should I change the diaper?" "If you smell shit, yes, change the f*cking diaper!"
  • Options
    So I splurged awhile back on an inflatable pool... WORTH EVERY FREAKING PENNY! My hips and back havent felt this good in months! 
  • Options
    @babyodo same! MH is always like “we’ll you’re the picky one right now” but that’s exactly it. Nothing sounds appetizing and I need him to give me ideas. If I’m craving something he’ll know it lol.
  • Options
    @coldbrew my husband is being the same way. Sometimes I don’t know what sounds good unless you come up with an idea 😂
  • Options
    jgrodojgrodo member
    @babyodo and everyone else that mentioned it- same I'm so nervous for the glocuse screen.. I feel like iv had way too much chocolate ahhh pandemic+pregnant=oh sh*t chocolate instead of alcohol hehe

@aefsparrow inflatable pool sounds amazing!!! 
  • Options
    winerenwineren member
    edited June 2020
    @jgrodo @babyodo etc to anyone else stressing about it. Try not to worry about the glucose test. With my DS I took it twice (16 wks and the reg 28) because I have a family history of diabetes. I failed the 28 wk. With this baby I took is at 21 weeks when I found out and failed.
    But gestational diabetes is not the worst thing. Anyone can get it, so while it's obviously not ideal, it's not your fault and it's manageable. I managed with DS with just diet until the last few weeks when I added a once daily pill. This time around I've already added medication because my fasting levels wouldn't get in range. It's another thing to add and think about, but it is something you can work with your doctor/nutritionist to manage.
    There are silver linings - with DS I ended up weighing about 40lb less the day after I gave birth than I did when I got pregnant. I also get more ultrasounds which I personally like. 
    Anyhow, long rant because it is a super common thing if you do get a GD diagnosis regardless of how much chocolate you ate. 

Let's see, I agree summer is the worst. Coke > Pepsi but I am not a soda person at all. Coffee > all things but water and milk are close seconds. My husband never wants to decide meals, but says it is me that doesn't want to. And delivery take out is both fantastic and the worst thing ever for my bank account. I also bought baby things I snuck into the house for DS, and have already for this LO. 😬🤷🏻‍♀️

ETA: apparently I combined my thoughts on ffc and UO while trying to actually get caught up. Whoops.

• Options
    jgrodojgrodo member
    edited June 2020
    @wineren that is really reassuring!!!thank you for sharing! I have PCOS so I know I have kncreas risk,  I've been trying to not obsess over it but that is clearly not working and then I eat chocolate haha doah hehe poor planning. 40lbs after having DS!  What you described does sound more manageable

Eta totally agree on coke v Pepsi and take out hehe