Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 6.18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Thursday 6.18

• Good morning my favorite internet peeps!

Month/Cycle: 36

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: hopefully on the 27th

R/R: it's a lovely day! Hot as hell, but it's gonna be a lovely day! DH actually chimed in a few times during my therapy appointment while he was making dinner and I think we're really getting somewhere. Now if only I could find the right "be kind" wallpaper for my phone as a constant reminder. I'll probably still be irritated by people at work, but at least I won't be a jerk to DH 😅

CS/Q: chart still looking good

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 22

CD/DPO: 4DP5DT

Timing: Excellent

Typical LP length: Progesterone does what it wants to do...

Testing: Beta is next Weds eeeek

R/R: I finished another book last night (last summer's Elin Hilderbrand release, it felt almost wrong to not be reading it on a beach lol!) and I have a curbside order at Barnes & Noble for 2 more books today. We did another mile this morning towards our half marathon, and we also both registered for a July 4th virtual 5k (hopefully I get to run that one no matter what beta says!) so that will be a nice distraction. 

I was really excited last week to find Starbucks passion tea bags in the grocery store, so I've been making my own passion tea lemonades at home, it's been a nice treat. I've also got a ton of fun seltzers to drink, to substitute for my occasional glass of wine. I'm not normally a nondrinker during the TWW, but with IVF you have to abstain. 

CS/Q: Nope

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 glad to hear your appointment went well. Share the wallpaper here once you find it. 

@mvt2003 when you say you did another mile, so you mean increased distance by a mile? I miss running but i finally conceded what an orthopaedic doctor told me 2 years ago: I shouldn’t be running unless I want to expedite knee surgery. 😩 So I go for brisk walks now instead. 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 22/3

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 10-13? 

Testing: just Proov to figure out what’s up with my progesterone. Also checking cervix position. 

R/R: 

Rant: So used Proov this morning for 3DPO which is a way to “confirm” ovulation. Sadly my read was the same as my baseline. Posted to the Proov Facebook group (it really is full of TW!) and so far the replies are “you can’t confirm ovulation yet; you can try testing every day or just wait and test 7-10DPO”. Blergh. I’ve seen some 3DPO photos in the group and they’re white as snow (i.e. no 2nd line = clear confirmation of ovulation). Me sad. 😞

Rave: have a fertility acupuncture appointment this morning so hopefully it’ll help me deal with my sad feeling. 

CS/Q: @inthewoods23 how do I add the spoiler section? My chart looks like it’s supposed to though. Got my cover line today in Premom.

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• krash_krash_ member
    @inthewoods23 being kind to MH was also something I focused on in therapy. Idk exactly what helped but HIO does make me a lot softer towards him in general. 
    @mvt2003 less than a week! AH! I'm going to finish my char tonight and then refrain for the rest of the TWW just so I don't have to worry about anything having affected implantation. 
    @acleverusername I forgot to mention it on the other post but I love your SN  :D  I need to do some digging into Proov. I've never heard of it until the posts yesterday. 

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 16/3

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0, & 1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: July 1

R/R: we were awoken at 4:30 this morning and could not go back to sleep. I am so tired and I wish I could just take a nap but work. Blah. It is supposed to be nice this weekend so I'm excited to get outside and enjoy it with out worrying about work. MH has had two weeks of unpaid leave and has another week next week and two more schedule for next quarter so we've got to watch out budget. He did file for unemployment for the first week but somehow they wont let him for the second week yet. 

CS/Q: got CH for CD 13 like I thought but I don't like how low the cover line is. Even if I add in a temp on CD 11 that is reasonably close to the other temps it still gives me the same cover line. My before O temps are usually below 97.4 ish and after O about 97.6 ish. Not that it matters but just bugs me. 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• krash_krash_ member
    @acleverusername for a spoiler

*TW LC*

• @inthewoods23 glad your appt went well!  

@mvt2003 virtual 5k sounds perfect and you are really flying through those books!

@acleverusername fertility acupuncture? never heard of it but now i'm reading up and it sounds interesting

Month/Cycle: 6/5AL

CD/DPO: 26/9

Timing: -5, -4, -2, +1

Typical LP length: 11

Testing: ?

R/R: well im still here! more cramps last night but no AF yet.  not really sure whats going on.  had a super productive day off from the restaurant yesterday.  got some "real" work done, tons of laundry and cleaning and some good cooking!  today i have work again so not trying to overexert before that

CS/Q: my temps are not helping me decipher anything.

• @acleverusername That's so disappointing about Proov so far, hopefully your experience will get better and give you some insight! I do run normally (if you have knee issues, have you heard of Jill Angie? She has a Not Your Average Runner facebook group, and she's a big proponent of running intervals, that might help with knee issues!) but post embryo transfer MH has asked me to keep my workouts low impact just in case. He's not a runner, but committed to walking 13.1 miles over a set interval of time in a half marathon challenge. I'm joining him, I ran my first 5 miles before transfer, and am briskly walking the rest a mile at a time. I'm a little over 10 miles in so far. 

@krash_ Ha I finished my chardonnay the night before transfer! I would totally take a lunch nap if I was you today! 4:30 is early!!!! 

@asf0613 Hopefully AF stays away!!!! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 I love a good beverage substitute!

@acleverusername hmm come to think of it, when you get progesterone tested with your OB it's usually at 7DPO. Does the test say you should take it at 3DPO? Granted, when my OB tested me he was testing me on CD21 or 22 which for me really was around 3 or 4DPO. Hopefully the test at 7DPO is better for you!

@krash_ I think with unemployment you have to make a claim for each and every week and then once each week is over you validate (not the right word) it. At least that's how it appears to work in our state. DH and I have never had to take more than a week of furlough at a time. So for subsequent weeks you're both filing a claim and and validating/verifying your unemployment for the previous to get that week's check.

@asf0613 I have sooo many clothes that need to be put away. That's what I hope to accomplish today! Glad to see you're still in the TWW!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @krash_ somehow missed you earlier.  that sucks about the unemployment.  i have so many friends who struggle with being able to claim.  hopefully YH finds resolution soon

• @krash_ I would totally be taking a nap.  I would also be finding out who/what woke me up at 0430 and making sure it didn't happen again.
    @inthewoods23 Testing buddies!  FX!
    @mvt2003 Excellent timing!  :D FX for next Wed!

Month/Cycle: Four years and counting
    CD/DPO: 21/6
    Timing: IUI
    LP length: 14 days
    Testing: Jun 27
    R/R: Cleaned up my craft room today.  I was motivated since I ordered an actual desk for my craft room.  No more folding table for my sewing machine to sit on!  
    I'm also trying to respond to others more in my posts.  Don't want to seem like I don't hear y'all.
    CS/Q: How do you avoid SS?  I always fall down this rabbit hole, and then get really down when AF shows up.  Any tips?
  • krash_krash_ member
    @SesshomaruMom the only tip I can think of for SS is to track everything. I consistently have cramps and twinges from about 8 dpo to 12 dpo and I would always start thinking it was implantation and I was pregnant but once I tracked it and noticed it happened every cycle round the same time when it shows up I just know its because it's what always happens. 
    *TW LC*

• @SesshomaruMom the only way i don't symptom spot is when i am pessimistic about the cycle lol.  if i'm even slightly optimistic i have no self control and SS more than is probably healthy
  • Month/Cycle: 25/19/9 (AL#2)

CD/DPO: 28/10dpiui

Timing: Hopefully spot on! 

Typical LP length: 15-16 days

Testing: 06/22

R/R: Happy ALMOST Friday!! Sorry I was MIA again yesterday, but I’m back! Work continues to be busy (I’ve got an extra project on top of my regular duties), so I guess this is just my new normal! We are running some errands tonight...that pretty much always means we get to eat out, so I’m excited about that! Other than that, I’m just looking forward to the weekend! 

CS/Q: None. 

@inthewoods23 loving your positivity!! ☺️ So glad your therapy appointment went well, and YH even contributed during it! Here are a few Be Kind options for you! 

@mvt2003 that’s good you have 2 more books to pick up since you finished one! Good job on getting your mile in! Did you say you were walking them right now instead of running? I hope you’ll be able to run that 5k in July!

@acleverusername sorry your proov test didn’t give you clarity just yet. I hope you get more clear results by 7DPO! 

@krash_ ugh, sorry you were woken up so early! I hope you can get to bed early tonight to make up for the lost sleep! I hope you have an awesome weekend and get to spend lots of time outside! Sorry YH is having to deal with the unpaid leave...I hope they can give him unemployment for the second week! 

@asf0613 hope the cramping is a sign of something a million times better than AF!! Glad you had a nice, productive day yesterday!! Hope you have a good work day!

@SesshomaruMom good job on getting your craft room cleaned/organized! It’s so hard to avoid SS sometimes! Keeping myself busy is the easiest way for me to avoid it though...if I’m busy, I don’t have time to think about every little twinge! 

• Hi ladies! I was surprised with everyone's openness about timing yesterday and I appreciate your transparency from those who shared. Also glad that it's a perk of anonymity.

@mvt2003 your excercise and activity is inspiring.

@SesshomaruMom How do I avoid SS? I try to keep myself as busy as possible. Still unavoidable for me. All the errands, house projects, and time out of the house as possible helps me.
    @krash_ So sorry to hear about the financial burden your family is going through. I hope YH is able to get everything sorted out very soon! I also liked your advice about learning your consistent LP symptoms. That's helpful.

Month/Cycle: 6,2

CD/DPO: 47,12

Timing: Could've been better

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: I say that I'll wait until 15DPO but I'll likely test again tomorrow morning. Just being realistic.

R/R: Hubby doesn't like me being on TB; he thinks it does more harm than good. I disagree. Today and yesterday I went to a local garden. It felt helpful to pass the time somewhere beautiful. Tomorrow I'm going to my mother-in-law's. Even though I'll likely not be able to resist testing tomorrow morning, I feel pretty certain I'll be in WTO next week.