January 2021 Moms

Spotting Thread

A safe space for anyone spotting to come discuss, ask questions, rant about spotting. 

Re: Spotting Thread

• Hi guys, nothing fancy but created this thread. I made it through the night without any additional spotting. I guess I was expecting to wake in the middle of the night in pain and find I’ve had a CP. that’s where my brain went right away

*tw*

Since I had a loss before DS was born

*end tw*

Anyways still some light spotting on TP this morning but I’m feeling a little less anxious. I know rationally it means nothing either way in terms of healthy pregnancy or not but I feel like I’ll have a good weekend and chill out on it for now 
  • @cricket1688 so many hugs!  
    TW loss mentioned:
    I had a CP in March and now any spotting immediately makes me fear that.

I will say I have had spotting with both of my other healthy pregnancies so I am a just trying to remember that.  Thankfully no spotting this morning but I did last night 

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • @cricket1688 sending lots of positive vibes. 

I had a good amount of actual bleeding with my first and it turned out to be fine but...

*TW*
    ...after a loss in the winter it messes with your head. I’m currently having some on and off spotting and went in Tuesday for an ultrasound. They couldn’t see much but thought it was too early (6+2) so now I go back on the 26th when I’m 8+2. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my first pregnancy and I've had some very light spotting the last few days. I havent really had any cramping or anything, so I'm trying not to panic as I know spotting can be normal, but still it's been a little disconcerting.
  • I’ve had some pink cervical mucus for the past couple of days. I also have horrible back pain. Of course this happens when its a long weekend, so for now I’m just keeping an eye on it and waiting until I can talk to my doctor on Tuesday. 
  • @carleym93 so sorry hope it clears up on it’s own. 
    I’ve been having brown spotting today. Feeling nervous but trying to remember it is not necessarily a big deal. 

• @stillcozy Yes! I think brown spotting is the “normal” version of spotting. I spotted all colors with DD and only brown with DS except for once when it turned to pink and it ended up being a yeast infection. My OB said yeast can cause spotting during pregnancy a lot, so that may be worth watching. I didn’t have any of the typical symptoms like itching or discharge. I’ve never experienced this type of CM before though. Its super bizarre. Combined with the back pain its making me paranoid, so I’m going to see if they can see me this week instead of my scheduled appointment on the 1st. 
  • aels12aels12 member
    @carleym93 thinking of you, fingers crossed it clears up and is nothing!
  • @carleym93 hoping it clears right up! Our brains can be so mean to us
  • jekasijekasi member
    I had a scary experience with spotting this weekend. I had some bright red spotting and was worried since I hadn't experienced that with either of my prior pregnancies. I was also experiencing cramping and dizziness so my doctor told me to go get checked out at urgent care or the ER to make sure it wasnt an ectopic pregnancy. I called urgent care and they didn't have ultrasound equipment so I went to the ER. 

DH drove me, even though in our pandemic reality I knew he wouldn't be able to come in with me, so that he could "wait with me" in the car. Just knowing he was outside was really comforting so I'm really glad he came.

They ended up doing a vaginal and a regular ultrasound in addition to blood and urine tests. Thankfully, everything came back as a completely normal pregnancy although at 5w5d there was not yet a heart beat or a fetal pole. They said they found a small subchorionic hematoma and put me on bed rest. Now I am anxiously awaiting my first appointment/ultrasound with my OB on 6/2 and praying everything is ok. Ideally, the hematoma is supposed to go away on it's own and hopefully everything else will continue developing normally as well.
  • @jekasi So sorry to hear about the hematoma! Thinking of you, and hoping the spotting eases up. 
  • I had my appointment today, and my OB said my cervix looked totally normal and she didn’t see any active bleeding. I had a speculum exam and a transvaginal ultrasound, and everything looks good. Last week all we saw was a gestational sac, but today we saw a yolk sac and what my OB thinks is the beginning of a fetal pole, so that’s good. Now following the exam and ultrasound, I’m spotting heavier than I have thus far, so I think my OB’s assessment that the spotting is linked to my cervix being angry at the progesterone/speculum/ultrasound is probably spot on. 
  • jekasijekasi member
    Thanks @carleym93. This was actually Friday and it has calmed down now. I'm still processing it all. I'm glad your ultrasound went well!
  • aels12aels12 member
    edited May 2020
    @carleym93 I’m glad the ultrasound showed good news!

Thinking of you @jekasi, hope the spotting stops soon. 
  • stillcozystillcozy member
    edited May 2020
    @the_road_to_oz so sorry that happened but so glad everything is okay! 

• sjsgsjsg member
    I'm currently experiencing some spotting at 6w. It's alarming to say the least but am trying really hard to keep calm. Slight concentrated cramping in my right ovary area. 
  • @the_road_to_oz I am glad everything is OK! That sounds so scary.

I had light pink/almost red spotting yesterday morning, which then turned brown for the rest of the day. I called my doctor because the light pink spotting made me nervous. The nurse said to take it easy, keep hydrated, and make sure I pee every 3 hours. That seems to have helped. They also said to call back if I experience cramping (I told her I was experiencing very dull cramping if anything; she said it was normal). Still having some brown spotting today, but not as much.

I have another appointment tomorrow, and I hope everything is fine and I still see a heartbeat.
  • sjsgsjsg member
    Okay so I went to ER after having some dizziness and cramping. Did a vaginal ultrasound and was able to see the little sac in my uterus but nothing more. They said it was too early and the dizziness is a form of vertigo (BPPV). It's been two days and I'm still spotting brown and a bit of clots that are reddish. HCG was 1894 and I'm so curious what it is today. I have an 8 week prenatal check on June 17 and I'm so anxious! 
  • I go here now. I had a little bit of bright red spotting earlier, I called and moved my Tuesday appointment up to this morning - I have miscarried in the past and so far I haven’t really had many symptoms, which is not normal for me, so I don’t have a lot of hope, but I guess we’ll see. There’s not a lot that is in my control at this point. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 Thinking of you! 
  • aels12aels12 member
    @BuckeyeNut05 thinking of you, fingers crossed everything looks good!
  • Thanks guys. Unfortunately it looks like I’m out. I wish you all a happy and healthy 9 months. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 So so sorry for your loss. Sending so many hugs.
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I am so sorry for your loss sending you so much love. 

• aels12aels12 member
    @BuckeyeNut05 I am so so sorry. Thinking of you. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 sorry to hear. Positive thoughts your way.
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I’m very sorry to hear. Sending love to you and your family.  <3
  • @BuckeyeNut05 so sorry for your loss. Creepy internet hugs, thoughts and prayers. Take all the time you need to recover from this. 
  • hp242hp242 member
    @BuckeyeNut05 So sorry for your loss  <3
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I'm so sorry to hear. 
  • So sorry to see this, @BuckeyeNut05. Thinking of you.
  • I’m so sorry @BuckeyeNut05. Sending you all my love, I hope you’re able to take the time you need to heal. ❤️
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• @savykay Thinking of you! ❤️
  • @savykay sending you lots of positive wishes. So glad to hear that everything seems alright and that you'll be closely monitoring. Try not to stress too much about it! Hugs
  • @savykayWill definitely send love to you and baby! 
  • @savykay thinking of you!
  • @savykay thinking of you, I’m glad the doctors have a good to keep an eye on everything!