Working Moms

Baby #3

chaitealoverchaitealover member
edited June 2020 in Working Moms
Hi everyone!
my husband and I decided to not prevent but not actively (me charting and OPKs) try to get Pregnant with #3 until October. I’m a teacher so anything after October would have a fall semester due date. 
We have 2 girls, 5 and almost 2.5 years. While we were trying to decide whether or not to go for #3 he mentioned a reason for why he would not want another is bc he is afraid of resenting me if it’s not a boy. 
It’s been on my mind today and I will be discussing it with him tonight after our girls to bed. Have your so’s ever said something like that? Actually been resentful? Or something similar. What did you do? How did it turn out?
Thanks!

Re: Baby #3

• Hi everyone!
    my husband and I decided to not prevent but not actively (me charting and OPKs) try to get Pregnant with #3 until October. I’m a teacher so anything after October would have a fall semester due date. 
    We have 2 girls, 5 and almost 2.5 years. While we were trying to decide whether or not to go for #3 he mentioned a reason for why he would not want another is bc he is afraid of resenting me if it’s not a boy. 
    It’s been on my mind today and I will be discussing it with him tonight after our girls to bed. Have your so’s ever said something like that? Actually been resentful? Or something similar. What did you do? How did it turn out?
    Thanks!
    Yea, this is definitely I think an important thing to talk about. We have two girls as well, and I'm currently pregnant (finding out at birth). My husband has actually said the opposite. While we both love to have at least one of each, he has said he would absolutely be happy if we wound up with all girls. 

It seems like this is an emotional response, so I don't know if this is at all helpful, but being resentful of you is not logical at all. I can understand having disappointed feelings in general if the baby is a girl, but at you? The man's sperm is what determines boy or girl. You provide an X chromosome, and his sperm provides either another X to make a girl or a Y to make a boy. If he's going to be resentful of anyone, it should be himself or his dad/grandpa/great-grandpa. Whether a family tends to have more boys or more girls comes through the father's side. 
  • That was kind of what I was thinking, it sounds very emotional to me. Especially since I have absolutely no part in determining what we have. 
    Thank you for your response.