October 2020 Moms

GTKY: Luxury Item

I'm procrastinating work. 

If money was no object, what is one (or more, lol) frivolous luxury item you'd buy?!

Re: GTKY: Luxury Item

• For me: a Birkin bag. There's absolutely no reason for me to own a bag that costs as much as a car or house, but damn if it wouldn't make me feel special!
  • morethanamamamorethanamama member
    edited June 2020
    @themoonandme yes, the Birkin is so iconic! Not as expensive, but I'd love a Celine bag too :)

I honestly think if money was no object I'd just travel somewhere new 3-4 times a year and fly first class every time!
  • Loading the player...
  • I can’t think of a “thing”, but if money were no object, and coronavirus wasn’t a thing lol, we would either go on a vacation somewhere and stay in the nicest suite in town, or get a couple tickets for the luxury seats at a Mariners game. Heck, if money were no object, we would probably just buy a season ticket package for the luxury seats!
  • AB518AB518 member
    I'd buy a yacht or even just a really nice boat.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AB518 Ooh that would be my husband’s vote 100%. He would say a boat big enough that I would agree to live on it. 🙄
  • Hmm....does a house count as a luxury item? 😆
    Maybe a whole arcade set up in said house would be more of a luxury. With a husband, teenage stepson, and now two little boys, it seems like a good choice. I would definitely play some pinball.
    Oh! Or a whole machine setup to roast my own coffee. That would be stellar. 
  • @wineren my vote is definitely yes! 
    I don't need an amazing house, but I'd buy something with land in a heartbeat if I could. 
  • A new truck camper and extended cab pickup so we have room for both kiddos and can get to more remote campsites. Bonus if the truck camper has a shower so we can camp for a couple weeks without having to worry about finding places to shower! 
  • @morethanamama yesss Celines are gorgeous too! 

Basically I'd take any and all of the things you all have mentioned haha.
  • I'd probably say boat. Or maybe since we are sort of house shopping currently, the frivolous thing I'm considering in reality is a pool. Really I just want the water and some sunshine right now! 

In terms of baby things, I want a snoo and an Elvie. 
  • This feels super cliche but I'd love to replace our old unreliable vehicles with new ones. Safety features! Radio that works! Side mirrors that still adjust!
  • A beach home in Destin or Gulf Shores with a boat! And a truck for DH. 
  • I'm torn between a cottage w/some land in Ireland (that's where we honeymooned, both sides of our ancestors are from there, and we'd emigrate there if we could), or a large sailboat. I know, I know, boats are a hassle and require a lot of care, but one of my bucket list items is to learn how to sail, and I'd love to be able to take week or two-week vacations just sailing around the coast. I've taken dinner cruises on sailboats before, and the gentle rocking motion is so satisfying to me. I think that's why I joined a seagoing service, lol.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• KurtniKurtni member
    @westslopemama I was thinking camper too! I’d want a fancy “glamper” toy hauler though. We are tent campers now so it would be quite a step up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'd either totally gut and revamp our current house, or buy in this one neighborhood with beautiful houses nearby.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • An RV would be pretty awesome! As long as DH could drive it because I wouldn’t haha.
  • A bunch of land in the mountains for sure. 
  • If we’re really talking about frivolous luxury things I’d love a shopping trip straight outta pretty woman!  Anything and everything my heart desires from some fancy places with armed guards that stand by the front doors.  

In a more practical wish I’d like to have a larger piece of property so I could have a big red barn with a horse and a herd of goats because I love goats.  Especially the fat little Pygmy variety.  I’d also like an entire kitchen outfitted from Williams and Sonoma!  Love that place, especially their table linens!  
  • I’ve been thinking on this and probably spent too much deciding on one thing. I’d buy a lot of land to have a nice house and room for lots of animals. I’d love to get to rescue animals that are given up because they’re too old and let them live out there lives on our farm. 
  • @anitamargarita_82 I loveeee goats! I did goat yoga once and it was seriously the most fun thing! I'd come visit your goats for sure haha
  • I would build a luxury log cabin/Adobe home on our land in the middle of no where with all the bells and whistles to include an ENORMOUS kitchen and master bath and a jacuzzi/pool combo. 
  • I would leave my job, get a small house by a nice beach anywhere in the world and enjoy life for 6 months a year. The other 6 I would probably work/volunteer to help people in underdeveloped countries through education and construction of infrastructure. I would travel as much as possible too!
  • jgrodojgrodo member
    I would love a fully decked out house with decent land, garage, plenty of closet space, jacuzzi/pool but still have a backyard and a beach house somewhere. It's be really hard to pick just one thing because of also want to do all the travel but since we are so discouraged by the housing market by us I guess that's what's really on my mind