Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 6.11

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: WTO Thursday 6.11

• Month/Cycle: 12/7

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: benched until August

R/R: So some of you might remember before the whole covid quarantine I was hoping to go to NC for my friend's wedding in April. The wedding then got postponed until the end of July. She texted yesterday to say that they have canceled that date in consideration of travel safety and the uncertainty still happening with covid, and they are waiting to reschedule. They ended up eloping before their original wedding day in April though so they're already married at least. But I feel awful for them that they've had to postpone twice this year and don't have a date set going forward. Also I feel like a terrible person but I was selfishly relieved she postponed because I couldn't make either date and I really want to be at her wedding. She was one of my bridesmaids in my wedding.

CS/Q:  
  • @gingermama29 I don't think it's selfish to be relieved about the date moving. You want to be there and you still have the potential opportunity to be able to!

Month/Cycle: 36

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Coitus with Conceive Plus and menstrual cup, supplements, OPKs, temping, GF and DF diet

R/R: well, life is back to normal today now that power is back on for good. I've noticed lately that I'm having some weird dreams. Inception-like dreams, or I think I'm having dreams within dreams. I think I've also been having these weird dreams where I'm feeling scared so I scream, but DH doesn't hear me. Like in my head I'm thinking "how is he not hearing me right now, why isn't he reacting". It hasn't happened for a long time, but I've sometimes had dreams where I'm running, but I'm not making progress, kind of like running in place. W. T. F. lol

CS/Q: I guess things are moving a little slower this cycle. Still pretty low on the OPKs, but O should be in the next few days.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 I don't think it's selfish. I feel so bad for everyone who planned weddings for this year. Think about how great that party will be without the worry of covid though!!

@inthewoods23 those dreams stress me out!! Are you waking up a lot during them? Hope you get more restful sleep tonight! Did the food in your fridge make it through the power outage?

Month/Cycle: 14/12

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: pnv, BBT, opks this cycle, EOD during fw

R/R: we're supposed to be getting storms all day today and it definitely looks like it outside. I have a long list of things to do today and should be able to get through it all. I've been trying to get a bike the last week or so and found one online last night that will get here next week. I am excited! Nothing fancy but something that I'll be able to get out on this summer. I've been looking up bike paths and am hoping to get to one every week this summer since we won't be doing anything else. 

CS/Q: nothing to see yet

• @gingermama29 that’s tough that your friend had to postpone the wedding again, but it is nice for you that maybe you’ll have a better chance of being able to go when they reschedule!

@inthewoods23 sorry for the weird/bad dreams! I’m weirdly obsessed with interpreting my own dreams, and can almost always attribute those types of dreams to something stressful happening in my life. 

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, temping, tracking CM, progesterone after O

R/R: I was SO hoping to get a positive OPK this morning but nope! Still waiting! After my last 2 early O cycles, I was kinda hoping that it was my new “normal”, but unfortunately it looks like I’m back to waiting forever. Maybe tomorrow!

CS/Q: 

• @_orchid_ yay for finding a bike! I love riding my bike places during the summer. 
  • @_orchid_ I don't think I'm waking up during them. And I feel well rested waking up so who knows. I was going to save this for confession Friday, but yes, everything seemed to be alright and we used some of the ground beef yesterday for dinner even though it had a slight smell to it  :# Both of us are feeling fine this morning so I figure it was probably cooked well enough to kill any bacteria that may have started growing on it. Have fun with the bike!

@runningoncookies sounds like we're both in the same boat with O. Although my O date is usually CD17-19 but last month was so early! I guess my surge is just going to be a little different this time around. Guess we'll just have to HIO some more oh nooo lol.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • edited June 2020

Month/Cycle: 12/11/benched 2 cycles early 2020 after loss

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, pnvs, coq10, alpha lipoic acid, baby aspirin. 

R/R: My appointment with my ob was less than favorable. They basically told me just to keep trying, and that since TW I had a loss in December/January that they wouldn’t pursue any bloodwork or anything until January 2021. END TW I understand that I’m not to a point to receive fertility treatments. Which wasn’t at all what I was looking for, but I would have at least liked more of a conversation about it, and some bloodwork to make sure my levels and all of that are okay. Ttc has been weighing heavily on me lately and the appointment bummed me out. Other than that, I’ve had a busy week running errands and doctors appointments, shopping, and all of that. Today is a free day so I’m going to see a friend and try to forget about my woes. 😬

CS/Q: ETA: because I forgot. Still no O. I was thinking it might have been yesterday. But I guess not. I have also had really extreme ovulation cramps and symptoms the past couple of cycles. Idk what’s up with that. 

@gingermama29 that’s a bummer that they had to cancel! This covid stuff has rest made it difficult for those things! Hopefully you will be able to go once they reschedule their new date! 

@inthewoods23 glad your power is FINALLY back on. That is literally my least favorite thing ever. I love electricity. Haha 

@runningoncookies I am a too familiar with that frustration! I hope you O soon! 

• @photographerwife ugh, I'm so sorry you had a crappy appointment! I did surprisingly well this time around with no electricity. DH really wants a Tesla Powerwall (big battery). Most of our outages have never been more than a few hours or come back on overnight so there's never been any worry.

Besides powering the fridge, it would also be nice to have a way to keep phones charged. DH's phone died before we went to bed (dummy thought it would be a good idea to watch videos on his phone) and he wasn't worried about work because he didn't have any meetings scheduled, but 2 had been scheduled in the morning and people were worried about him not being at these meetings! Eventually his boss's secretary got a hold of him in the afternoon. A little while later I was like... wait don't you have me as your emergency contact?? Did they not think to call me? We're thinking maybe they don't do that if they can't get a hold of an employee for a full day.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • krash_krash_ member
    @gingermama29 it does suck that they have had to basically cancel their wedding this year but I think it is ok to be a little relieved. I'm sure they will enjoy it much more when more people can come and feel safe attending. 
    @inthewoods23 are you using the menstrual cup after HIO? Like to hold it all in there?
    @_orchid_ enjoy the new bike! We have been going on a lot of bike rides recently. We have a lake nearby and it's about an hour to ride around the whole lake which is a nice long adventure to keep us entertained. 
    @runningoncookies sorry you still haven't O'd! I had a late O last cycle and when I finally got a positive OPK I ran outside to show MH  :D
    @photographerwife is there anything that could be affecting your temps? Based on OPK's and CM it looks like O could have been CD 20. Maybe you are just having a slow rise. FX you get a temp spike tomorrow! Also sorry about your appointment. I don't understand the reasoning behind waiting another 12 months after loss. I mean I know a lot of dr's say that if you've had a loss "at least you can get pregnant" but that isn't reassuring at all. Can you see if you can find a different OB that would do some blood work?

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNV, CM, OPK's, drinking more water, drinking less alcohol, should probably HIO

R/R: rave - it is beautiful here today! I was in such a funk yesterday that I could not get out of so I did a workout in the garage. I am sore today but in a good way. I think I need to try to keep it a regular thing. Rant - despite the workout and no screen time before bed, I slept like crap last night and I am dragging today. 

CS/Q: 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ yes. It's not really proven, but some do believe it helps with conception because it gives sperm no other way to go but up the cervix. I know they say what falls out is just the fluid and not actually sperm, but it's nice not to have to put a pantiliner on or a mess in the morning.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 it’s so annoying! Last cycle and the cycle before I O’d on CD14 and 17, but unusually I’m in the 20s, so I suppose I’ll just hang out lol

@photographerwife I’m so sorry for the bad appointment. It doesn’t make sense to me when doctors won’t even do bloodwork to make sure things are okay. Hopefully you’re in better spirits today!

@krash_ sorry you slept poorly last night, enjoy the nice weather today! It is supposed to rain here all day so I’m jealous!
  • krash_krash_ member
    @inthewoods23 I might have to give that a try
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @inthewoods23 Interesting, I didn't realize a menstrual cup could be used that way!! Glad your electricity is back, what a relief! 

@runningoncookies Hope your O comes soon!!!

@photographerwife Ugh, I'm sorry your appointment was so disappointing. I agree that even if the recommendation was not to initiate testing, the ob should have had more of a conversation and dialogue with you about it, and work to understand your point of view. I ovulate late every cycle, with long cycles, so I feel your pain waiting for O. 

@krash_ I O'ed really late last month too and called MH immediately after testing to tell him the good news, haha! Sorry you didn't sleep well last night, but awesome job working out!! 

@gingermama29 How awful for them to have to reschedule twice :( Glad they at least got to elope. And, I don't think you're selfish for wanting to be able to go to the wedding - I'm sure your friend will be so happy to have you there on her special day. 

@_orchid_ Happy to hear about your bike!! Hope you enjoy it!!! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, all the vitamins

R/R: Yesterday was a difficult day for me (sibling's death anniversary) so decided to take a break from the internet. Also a little anxious w MH on service seeing COVID patients....But now I'm back and feeling ok :) So excited for the professional course I'm doing today tomorrow and Sat, and it's a nice break from work. 

CS/Q: none

• @inthewoods23 I’m with YH on the battery! Haha my in-laws have a generator and live close, and it’s so nice! The last couple of times our power has been out and stayed out have been a couple of days at a time. And I can’t handle it. I need my modern conveniences. 😂 

@krash_  i agree on the CD 20, I’m just waiting for ff to make up its mind! I re-took my temp this morning because sometimes I’m half asleep and keep my mouth slightly open when I do it, but the second temp minutes later wasn’t much higher at all. So I just kept the first one. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t understand it either... I mean i do but it isn’t reassuring. I could possible find another but with covid and being a new patient, it’s probably just worth it to wait because it took weeks to even get that appt. it’s all a mess. Glad you are feeling better today, I hope you sleep better tonight:/ bad sleep is the worst! 

@priyadoc im sorry about the anniversary of their passing. Those dates are always hard:/ I hope YH service with covid patients goes well. 

• @gingermama29 Oh man that totally sucks.  I'm glad they could at least elope, but not having that celebration with family and friends really blows.  I hope they're able to set a date soon.

@inthewoods23 I have those recurring dreams too.  Same concepts.  I'm freaking out and no one else is and no one else seems to notice.  I also have the running one where it feels like I'm not going anywhere.  I usually have those when my anxiety is high.

@_orchid_ So jealous of your bike!  I've been trying to order a bike for months and the one I want is sold out.  Hope you enjoy it this summer!

@runningoncookies C'mon body!  Let's get with the program and O.  Hope it happens soon for you.

@photographerwife I'm so sorry for the disappointing OB appointment.  I would think that at least some bloodwork could be done at this point.  Can you push for it?

@krash_ yay for a beautiful day!!  And good for you for working out.  Boo to sleeping like crap.  I hope you can get some sleep tonight.

@priyadoc So sorry for your loss.  Those types of anniversaries can be really hard.  I'm glad you're feeling better though!

Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD: 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAYDTGKU: adult naptime, peeing on things, temping

R/R: IT'S FINALLY CD1!!!!!!!!!!!!  It feels weird being excited about CD1, but after my last cycle was 58 days and having to take Provera, I'm glad we can finally move on and get going on the next cycle.  The nausea and the cramps already though are.....not fun.

My rant today... I was supposed to have my MRI yesterday, but the machine was down and not working.  I spent two hours waiting at the hospital with all my piercings out just to have to reschedule.  When I got home to put them all back in, my second nose piercing had already closed up.  I'm so bummed.  I probably could have repierced it with an earring, but I'm a wimp.  My lip piercing had started to close, but I was able to save it fairly easily.  My daith and first nose piercing had no issues.  Now I'm looking at more piercings on Pinterest since I lost one.  I may treat myself to a couple.  Since our hospital only has the MRI machine once a week, I have to wait until next Wednesday for my next appointment.  I just wanna know and I'm tired of waiting.  Ugh.

On a happier note, I had a great weekend with my family.  It was really nice seeing them.  We couldn't go out and do much like we normally do, but we had a nice time playing games, swimming, just hanging out.

CS/Q: nothing to see here

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @photographerwife do you have a regular Dr you see? I usually get bloodwork done as part of my annual physical and will sometimes ask them to add other things to it. You could at least have your thyroid checked, and I would bring it up to your Dr that you've been trying for awhile. 

Last year I had them run a few titers for me for different diseases - measles was going around my area and if I remember right you shouldn't have that vaccine while pregnant. It turned out I didn't have immunity anymore so I got another MMR. 

@priyadoc thinking of you ♥️ hope you enjoy your courses this weekend!

@linzrunz yay for cd1! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Ugh that's so frustrating about your piercing and MRI! I would be really annoyed. Are you thinking about getting the same piercing or something different?

• @_orchid_ I’m thinking of getting something different and giving my nose a break. I’ve had my nose repierced a few times already. I really want a dermal piercing and I think I’ve settled on this one.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @linzrunz that's a bold piercing! Nice!

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited June 2020
    @photographerwife the annoying but funny thing is, yesterday morning I had asked in the IL family group chat if anyone else was without power and only my SIL replied that they were fine at their house. I didn't hear from my MIL until she was at the vet with their new kitten asking if we had a spare scratching post. It was like 10:30 at that point and she said we could come over to take showers since they had power as well. Once we were all showered and such and leaving for lunch my FIL asked if we wanted their generator and it's like, power had been out for 18 hours at that point, if food wasn't bad by then, there was no reason to try to save it now. Why offer something well after it would have been a good time to start using it?

However, when I messaged my family that we were still without power in the morning my mom, who lives an hour 20 minutes from us said we could come to their house and use their internet if we wanted. 

Guess how far my ILs are.... 3 minutes to my MIL and FIL and 5 minutes to my SIL. At some point yesterday morning before my MIL messaged us, I almost thought we should ask my sister who is 20 minutes away if we could shower at their place out of spite. Like how the heck do you, living mere minutes from us, not at least offer to let us shower when you hear we've been without power for over half a day. I mean sure, we could have asked, but at the same time we didn't have anywhere critical to go so we were going to wait it out anyway.

ETA: oh yeah, and mini OPK update. My test after lunch was, to Premom, just short of being positive so O should definitely be tomorrow. I'll test again after dinner to see if I get a true positive.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @priyadoc sorry for the anniversary yesterday. 

@linzrunz nice piercing choice! I get a piercing bug every once in a while, but mine are all in my ears except my bellybutton. I like that one though!
  • @linzrunz that looks awesome! I didn't even know you could pierce there. I used to have a ton of piercings in my ears/nose but took most out about 10 years ago. I think even my second holes in my ears have closed up at this point! 
  • @inthewoods23 ohhh that would get me irritated as well, especially since your MIL only reached out when she needed something from you! 
  • So sorry for posting and ghosting yesterday. The day just got away from me and I forgot I didn't repost until late last night.

@inthewoods23 sorry for all the strange dreams you've been having. Glad your food survived the power outage though!

@_orchid_ I hope your storms weren't too bad yesterday!

@runningoncookies I hope you get your positive OPK today!!

@photographerwife so sorry about your appointment. That's incredibly frustrating.

@krash_ glad a workout in the garage helped your funk. It's amazing what fresh air and sunshine does for a mood!!

@priyadoc so sorry for that anniversary. Those dates are definitely difficult.

@linzrunz glad your marathon cycle is finally over! I totally feel your pain on that. Sorry about your piercings. That's so frustrating. 
  • @lizrunz I’m not sure if I can push for it or not. It’s so hard to even get in to the office because of covid. I wasn’t able to see my regular ob, they work in a group, but she may do it.. if I can ever get in. But I’ll probably wait a few months and see how it goes. Also love the piercing choice! That’s a bummer that your nose grew up! A friend had collarbone implants like that and her hair pulled one out, so just be careful! 

@_orchid_  I do have a pcp that I see, so that isn’t a bad idea! I hadn’t thought about seeing them.

@inthewoods23 lol! That’s annoying! Like couldn’t you see us suffering the past 18 hours?! Haha