October 2020 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinion, 6/11

Any unpopular opinions to share?

Mine:  I think all of the Fast and Furious movies are immensely stupid.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Unpopular Opinion, 6/11

• Options
    Small dogs are annoying AF  :#

I do love all dogs and I volunteer with a rescue, but good lord I've never met a small dog that I've liked! This opinion brought to you partially by the small dog that lives on my street that tried to come for me and my dog while we were quietly, peacefully walking by (25 feet away). 
  • Options
    Haha I totally agree about the Fast and Furious movies. MH loves them but I can’t stand them. You should find the mock movie pitches for the fast and furious movies on the Screen Rant channel, they’re hilarious and really make fun of them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    those movies are so dumb! 
    Not sure how unpopular it is nowadays but I don't like Apple products. I work on a Mac and it's a pain. I have a Goggle phone which I love.
  • Options
    @themoonandme I agree!  And I have 2 small dogs.   They bark way too much and one of them thinks she’s a 100lb giant dog and wants to threaten any person or animal near our house.  
  • Options
    Anyone else curious what’s going to happen with the Harry Potter franchise with JK Rowling’s recent tweets.   Like for example the attraction at universal studios if it’s kept open does that mean the studio supports her thoughts?  It’s a sticky situation because that is a huge franchise. 
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 I’m curious too. But it’s such a huge and popular franchise that I’m not sure what will go down. 
  • Options
    @anitamargarita_82 my LGBT friends all are of the mindset that they’ll continue loving HP but hating her. Even though so wrote it I feel like it is such a huge part of many of our lives growing up. 
  • Options
    @morethanamama I switched from Apple to Samsung for my last phone a couple of years ago, and upgraded to a Google phone last month, and I love it!

I would agree that JK Rowling the person is cancelled, but HP is not. There's no way they would shut down HP World now, that would cost $$$$. And I don't think people will really boycott it. We own all the books and movies and I still love the story, so I'll read/watch, and one day read to/with my kids. However, we've been buying the illustrated editions that come out each year and now I would feel icky to buy the next one whenever it comes out...but I've always bought them for my husband for his birthday or Christmas. Blah.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    In regards to JK and the HP fandom, it’ll probably be in a similar manner to how the Star Wars fandom views George Lucas for different reasons. People still love Star Wars but don’t agree with Lucas’ decisions, so they basically ignore him now. And that was before Disney bought out Star Wars. Universal may just release a statement saying they don’t agree with JK’s statements, similar to how some of the actors have done. The fandom will survive, the lessons at the core of HP are still the same.
  • Options
    I think the actors are saving the franchise right now. So many of them have come forward rejecting the views that the faces most connect to it are keeping it from being fully demolished. 
  • Options
    If you haven’t read Dan Radcliffe’s statement about her post, definitely go read it. He points out how wrong her statement was and he also really speaks to the community who may feel like their experience of the books has been hurt or changed.