All Trimester Check-in June 1st

31magnolia31magnolia member
edited June 2020 in Pregnant after IF

Hi Everyone!

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: How strict are you going to quarantine/self isolate you and your baby after your newborn is here? Example, no visitors, only immediate family, for what amount of time?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy)

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 (Girl)

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@vetgirl2011 EDD???

@stella_700 EDD 12/28

@the_road_to_oz EDD???

@andreamm31 EDD 12/25

Re: All Trimester Check-in June 1st

• How far along/EDD? 29+1/ Aug 16th
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired, cranky, over it
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave: For the first time ever,  I have a completely normal pregnancy! No talks of preterm delivery, no Cholestasis, nothing! It's weird and awesome all at once!
    • Any upcoming appointments? June 4th for regular OB
    • GTKY: How strict are you going to quarantine/self isolate you and your baby after your newborn is here? Example, no visitors, only immediate family, for what amount of time? We will probably completely self isolate. Giving birth to two preemies has made me very cautious when it comes to new babies. I may allow my dad and stepmom to come, but that is because they have been very isolated this whole time and they are prolly watching the boys for us. 
    • How far along/EDD? 25w6d / Sept 8th
    • How are you feeling this week? Again, just achy. I feel like my fingers have developed arthritis
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant & Rave - While I enjoy the movements of baby girl. She has decided that she likes being really low and so when she kicks or stretches I feel it on my cervix. I even tried like an inversion to move her up. That lasted for several hours and then while I was sleeping I could feel her move her way back down into my low pelvis. Lol. She is definitely a mover and if she doesn't like a position she makes it known! But she also likes to play. I have a feeling I'm in for trouble when she's born. She may be very opinionated, like her mama. :)
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB tomorrow with glucose test. I'm super nervous. 
    • GTKY: How strict are you going to quarantine/self isolate you and your baby after your newborn is here? Example, no visitors, only immediate family, for what amount of time? I posed this question because I really don't know. I want my family to be around the baby but I also want to keep her safe. I have some family who are not working and others who work in retail and come into contact with many people. And then what do I do around the holidays when you typically have large groups of family together?! I'm curious to read other people's thoughts on this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @wildrainbow - HAHA at "Tired, cranky, over it". For some reason that really made me laugh. I know I'll get there too. Woohoo on  normal pregnancy!!! It is weird though. I kept expecting for something to not be quite right as well. But my doctor is just like, nope...everything is fine.
    How long will you all  self isolate with the baby?
    • How far along/EDD? - 37+1, 6/21
    • How are you feeling this week? - I'm ok, I'm pretty sure I was having some contractions last night. They felt way different than BH. And the pelvis pressure is getting worse. So hoping maybe that means she is getting ready. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? - Ehh I'm back to work this week, but I'm trying not to push myself too much. My son and I started going on walks around the neighborhood when I was on vacation and I'm trying to keep them up on my lunch break now. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB tomorrow
    • GTKY: How strict are you going to quarantine/self isolate you and your baby after your newborn is here? Example, no visitors, only immediate family, for what amount of time? I'm allowing certain family members. my Aunt and Uncle are watching my son while my mom is with me in the hospital. They have been isolating with the exception of occasionally visiting their children , my cousins who also have been mostly isolating. And I have been isolating with the exception of my sister and her family. But I think since we have all been as safe as we can. Really just grocery shopping and doctor appts that it will be okay. I'm not sure yet how I feel about them holding her but I at least think I will be okay with them visiting and "seeing" her. 
    @31magnolia Good luck on your glucose test tomorrow!

@wildrainbow yay for a normal uneventful pregnancy!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• How far along/EDD? 16+2; Nov 13
    • How are you feeling this week? Finally have energy back, and feel like I can be somewhat normal
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave: spotting seems to finally have stopped! Went on some walks this weekend and finally felt “normal”. Rant: waiting for the pharmacy to have my meds in for my weekly shot. They usually do them in the office so the pharmacy isn’t used to filling the prescription and I keep getting the run around. Thankfully don’t need the stuff till Friday and my OB said If it’s an issue I can come in, they just prefer to limit visits due to the virus which I get. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? June 19th for anatomy scan!
    • GTKY: How strict are you going to quarantine/self isolate you and your baby after your newborn is here? Example, no visitors, only immediate family, for what amount of time? We will probably completely self isolate. No sure what we will do with our daughter while we are in the hospital but we have time to figure it out. My inlaws I don’t really trust (and my MIL works at an elementary school so depending if they go back in the fall or not will figure into if they are able to visit). My mom lives out of state but is thinking about coming before the birth and staying for a few weeks. 
  • @wildrainbow that is great it’s been such an uneventful pregnancy! I can imagine it’s a weird feeling. I keep telling DH we will be complete newbies if this little babe doesn’t do nicu time and we take him/her home right away

@hanshotfirst77 eeek you’re getting so close! Fingers crossed you’re not in this weird limbo too long and either the contractions let up for a bit or things move along! 

@31magnolia lol you have a fiesty little one in there! Thinking about the holidays bums me out. Even before this whole covid thing, we most likely weren’t going to be flying to my parents and ive never NOT spent a Christmas there (DHs parents don’t celebrate Christmas). Flying during flu season with a 1-2 month old made me a little nervous but it was still a possibility but now, depending on what happens with this virus I’m thinking it’s a for sure no-go. My parents most likely wouldn’t come here (all my siblings live near them) and my dad is high risk bc he’s on dialysis. It makes me sad knowing my parents likely won’t see me pregnant at all this time around and I have no idea when they will get to meet this little one. Thankfully we were planning on moving closer to them in 2-3 years and this little one coming has sped that up since we will quickly outgrow our condo and there’s no point in buying a house where we are now, just to move again in a year...so I’m trying to look at the bright side but it’s so hard!
  • Hi-

Sorry to be the loser who never checks in here.  My month club went to Facebook and I forget to go to both.  ☺️  Glad to read these updates.  

Induction is scheduled 6/25. TW Tested last week for pre-e. Nothing back there yet. 

Meds have been upped for Gd several times.  My weight has been stable for 2 months. She’s measuring two weeks ago at 6.5 lb.

We’ll have my Mom come in afterwards but she’s been heavily isolated.
  • cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited June 2020
    • How far along/EDD? 30+2/Aug 4
    • How are you feeling this week? Exhausted. I sneezed yesterday and I experienced the worst RLP ever. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I need to go into work this week to get some work done. It’s a bit more physical task so I need to get it done before I get any bigger. Ugh. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Third week of June? I have an ob appointment and growth scan, which I need to make an appointment for. 
    • GTKY: How strict are you going to quarantine/self isolate you and your baby after your newborn is here? Example, no visitors, only immediate family, for what amount of time? That’s a good question and something I’ve been thinking for a while. My parents (or just my mom) as we need someone to care for our son when we go to the hospital. They’ve self-isolated themselves and don’t come in contact with high risk population (like kids) so I think it’s okay. We also have a toddler at home and we are also trying to decide whether to put him back in daycare this month if it opens up or continue to keep him at home. If we do keep him home, then for how long? Until the baby is six months? My son is clearly not as stimulated at home as he is at school. Sigh. We are going to ask my husband’s siblings and their family to keep a distance though. The siblings don’t shelter in place (due to their jobs) and the SIL has two year-old twins that are starting daycare this summer so they will be harboring diseases for sure. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
    • How far along/EDD? 31w6d / Jul 29th
    • How are you feeling this week? Heavy!! Also, I started noticing my posture, the way and how fast I can walk has changed lately, which is causing some back pain, not bad but uncomfortable.  
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I received a lot of information about gestational diabetes and just had my education session today.  This will be like a second job. There is a lot to count/measure + taking a glucose test 4x a day.  Its my OCD personality that will make it more difficult at the beginning because I started creating charts and meal plans in excel, but I know I will relax eventually.
    • Any upcoming appointments? MFM on Thursday for U/S and continue with the diabetes conversation. 
    • GTKY: How strict are you going to quarantine/self isolate you and your baby after your newborn is here? Example, no visitors, only immediate family, for what amount of time? My mom was coming to stay for a month or so, but she is older and has high blood pressure, so we decided to cancel her trip.  My mother in law lives 30 minutes away, and I love her!!! Still I would have preferred my mom but I really appreciate she is willing to come everyday at the beginning to help us.  Now, the other family members, I am concerned, because they have been meeting and I know they will just want to come and touch the baby which makes me very nervous….so we need to have a plan and then communicate to all so they have the right expectations if we decide they can come.

• @angelina1919 I’m two and half months into the GD stuff.  It gets easier.  And a month or so in you’ll start to know what you can have. I have a lot of snack/food portion stuff if you need help.
  • Had glucose test today, just waiting for the results. Doctor said I did well on my weight, only gained 3 lbs. in the last 4 weeks. I was a little frustrated because once again the office changed the policy and my fiance was not allowed to come to the appointment, but was told he could come to future ultrasounds. I couldn't even do anything but laugh and say, so this is the exact opposite of last time. Unfortunately, we didn't know this until he came to the office with me. 

@hanshotfirst77 -  How did your appointment go? What did the doctor say about the contractions? I'm trying to figure out if I'll be OK with family just seeing her and maybe just my mom, dad and sis holding her. They are pretty good with isolating. But then I also wonder how long will we have to do this, since a vaccine does seem to be coming this year. I'm leaning towards 6 months but not sure if that's unreasonable. 

@mtpbadger - Yay to no more spotting. Just mentally that has to be a relief. If your mom can come down that would be nice. The holidays is also what bums me out. I love those family get togethers! I can't imagine not having them. I finally gave my mom a hug yesterday and it was nice. I got a little emotional a couple of weeks back thinking she hasn't touched my belly this whole pregnancy and that made me sad, so finally getting the hug was nice. This whole thing still just seems surreal. 

@bluguitarhannah - I wondered what happened to you! Glad to see overall you're doing OK. 

@cashewchicken - You have the same concerns and questions I do about the isolation. We're still trying to figure it out. I don't want to make certain family members upset, but I don't see a way around it .

@angelina1919 - I'm waiting on my GD results. It sounds like it's a lot of work but you got this! Glad your MIL is close and that you actually get along!

• How far along/EDD? 16wks/ 11/17
    • How are you feeling this week? I feel really good this week. I am starting to have a harder time getting comfortable and falling asleep at night. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?when did you start feeling the baby move? I haven’t yet, and can’t wait!!
    • Any upcoming appointments? I have a fetal echocardiogram 6/17 and my anatomy scan is 6/23
    • GTKY: How strict are you going to quarantine/self isolate you and your baby after your newborn is here? Example, no visitors, only immediate family, for what amount of time? At this point, we are thinking about immediate family only for the first 6 weeks. That may change based on Covid19 and if there is a second wave this fall. 
    @angelina1919 I think being a planner and meal prepping has really helped me a lot! 

@mtpbadger I’m so glad your spotting stopped. It’s scary, even when you know that the baby is fine. 
  • @31magnolia We both had our GD screenings today!  Omg I thought I was going to be cool, but somehow I turned into a nervous wreck.  Lol I'll spare you and the internet the details, but suffice it to say, I will be on the edge of my seat till that phone rings tomorrow.... GL!!!
  • @bluguitarhannah - Thank you! Yes, please if you have a list handy I would love to check it.  The snack examples the nurse gave me is not great.
    @31magnolia and @BusinessWife good luck with your glucose test results! 
  • @BusinessWife - Thanks! Good luck to you too!

@angelina1919 - Thanks!

@vetgirl2011 - I was late to the baby moving party. I didn't even start to feel the lightest movements until 22 weeks! I kept waiting and waiting but I didn't feel the light bubbles/popcorn popping feeling until week 22 and it wasn't everyday. Now baby girl moves non-stop! Lol. 

• Doctor just posted the results. I passed the glucose test. :)
  • @vetgirl2011 with my first I started feeling the flutter around 18/19 weeks and real kicks around 21ish. With this one I’m hoping to start feeling them sooner but am still waiting at almost 17 weeks. I can’t wait to start feeling them!

@31magnolia yay! Great news!! 
  • Yay! @31magnolia great news!  I got the call, I passed too!  :)
  • @BusinessWife and @31magnolia Yay for passing the glucose test!!

@mtpbadger Thanks for the info! I’m impatient and really want to feel baby! Hopefully just a few more weeks. 
  • @angelina1919
    Graham crackers / peanut butter.  Remember nuts are free on your plan. Or Nilla Wafers and Pb eat box serving size
     Greek yogurt up to 16 Carbs fine/ can be frozen yogurt 
    string cheese/ olives and 4-6 cracker (see carbs on back of box)
    smart popcorn 100 cal/ with cheese or almonds, pistachios 

These are some of my favorites 
  • @31magnolia Now, I being induced Wednesday.  Testing for pre-e was positive and she’s 7 lb 6 estimated already.  My sense of time and trying to get work covered so I can go on leave has been nuts.

• So glad to see you are doing well! Hope the scan is great.  
  • @angelina1919 Hey, at least you only have 10 more weeks of GD. If you are a planner, then it won’t be as bad. It’s all about testing bg, counting carbs and logging your meals. I’m not a planner so it’s always a struggle for me even though I’ve been dealing with this for the past 5 years (pre-diabetes/GD). You’ll soon see what foods you can have, which ones are triggers (results in higher bg level than anticipated). When you feel overwhelmed, just eat the same food. For breakfast, I eat an egg and yogurt and for sure I don’t need to fret over bg. @bluguitarhannah gave you some great suggestions for snacks. I love dairy so I love Icelandic yogurt (high protein content), full fat ice cream (Haagendaz), and cheese (don’t eat soft cheeses and the ones made with raw milk). Fruits, try not to have any at night after dinner. We are all different, so some foods will work for you but some won’t. For me, egg rolls, white rice and white bread are bad. And exercise! 15-20 min walks right after a meal. One nice thing about the pandemic is that I eat out less. Estimating carb content while eating out is not easy so nice to not go out to eat anymore. 
  • @31magnolia and @BusinessWife congrats on passing the GD test!
    @bluguitarhannah Wednesday is coming up soon! Must be excited to see your little one!

Went into the office a couple days this week. Ugh so tired. It’s hard to move around with the belly and realized how out of shape I was. My HR saw me and commented that I look like I’m about to pop anytime now. She told me I should go on my maternity leave soon lol. Which reminded me to get a letter to start my mat leave from my OB. I’ll start my mat leave about 3.5 weeks before the due date, just short of 4 weeks that my state allows pre- due date. Still deciding how much time to take off post birth. 
  • @cashewchicken - You gt 4 weeks prior to giving birth??? That's nice. How much does your job allow after birth?

@bluguitarhannah - Wednesday?? So excited for you! Can't believe she's already 7lbs 6oz. I guess we really need to be prepared for anything, because if that happened to me I would be sooooooooooooo unprepared. Lol. Keep us updated!

• @31magnolia My state allows 4 weeks before due date (for uncomplicated pregnancy, longer if needed) and 8 weeks post-partum for C-section, 6 weeks vaginal. That’s under disability so job protected and paid (up to 60/70%, depending on income). My state also has a family bonding leave law that guarantees 12 weeks of job protected Bonding leave on top of 6/8 weeks we get from disability (So up to 20 weeks), if the workplace/employee meet all requirements. Our company had a major reduction in workforce so I’m not sure if the law applies to our company anymore. Verbally though, I’ve been told that I’m not at risk of losing my job, but you never know... My current plan is to take 12 weeks off post-partum and then work part-time through early January 2021. 
  • @bluguitarhannah and @cashewchicken – thanks for sharing your favorites and GD wisdom.  Its been only a week and I kind of can tell what triggers my numbers.  The first few days I felt overwhelmed but you are right, it’s a matter of time and finding what you and your body like, so I will be fine as days go by.