October 2020 Moms
Options

UO - 5/28

Unpopular opinions!

Let's share them!

And be civil. :)

Mine:  I'm not sad Ruby Rose is leaving Batwoman.  She's the only reason I watched the show, and even she didn't make it very palatable.  So now that she's leaving I have a reason to stop watching.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: UO - 5/28

• Options
    KurtniKurtni member
    I had such a good one earlier this week I was saving but now I can’t remember it 😅
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My unpopular opinion is I don’t like being in the sun. My favorite weather is rain, and I get excited when there’s a chance in the forecast. If I’m in the sun I wilt really quickly, and usually end up with a headache. The only reason I like summer is for the warm evenings. 

@Kurtni Me too. 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @animalandplantrescuer SAMMME!!! Honestly I totally melt in the heat. Add in the factor that there’s melanoma in my family history... I was built for the PNW 🌦🌧☔️
  • Options
    See, I have my own pool (it's why I rented this house), and I spend at least an hour a day out there most days in the summer.  Floating around on a reading lounger with my book of choice and a beverage.  Good times.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I also dislike the sun, unless I’m hiking or running, but even then I much prefer to start super early in the morning to beat the heat. I’m not a beach person at all and can’t stand just sitting in the sun! I also like the rain and love cloudy days. I might feel differently if I didn’t live in CO where it’s sunny most days. 
  • Options
    I love the beach and the pool! However my UO Is that I would never want a pool in my home unless I had a TON of money to afford a big enough yard that's not all pool. I would also be annoyed about having to baby proof the pool. But that's because I'm lazy.  
    If I lived in a state like TX though I'd probably have to sick it up and get a house with a pool or else I would not survive the summers.
  • Options
    I like the sun on days where the weather is less than 80F. 
    I hate the beach and hate sand. I lived in Florida for 4 years and went to the beach maybe once or twice a year. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    babyodobabyodo member
    Total beach bum here. I spent the first half of my childhood in Southern California, so in the summers if we weren't at the beach then we were at my grandmother's pool. Before MH retired from playing music for a living last year, his band would have monthly gigs at a beach club and I looooooooved going because not only could I lay out on the beach or swim in the pool, but I could listen to him playing live music at the same time, so it was a win-win.

That being said, I spent the second half of my childhood in the PNW, so I can definitely appreciate a good rainstorm, and Fall is by far my favorite season. It's one of the reasons I insisted that our house have a fireplace when we were looking to buy.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    Oh I am 100% a sun lover and beach bum. I was born in and live in the wrong state because I could live on a sandy white beach forever! We went to Destin Florida for our honeymoon and I’ve been dreaming about going back ever since. If COVID gets better by next summer (oh man let’s seriously hope 🤞🏻) we are planning a Destin trip with our best friends and our kids.
  • Options
    @mamahosch, I lived 20 minutes from Destin for several years. Beaches were beautiful but not enough for me to go all the time. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    I love the sun as well (even though I burn like crazy-I wear lots of sunscreen and hats). I hate the heat while pregnant though. My tolerance for it is way down already! DH hates any weather above like 70 degrees though so I could never get him to move anywhere warmer than we already are.
  • Options
    I love the sun as long as I have a pool or beach nearby! 
  • Options
    I loveee the sun. So much. It's supposed to be sunny all weekend and I'm pumped and plan on making a mocktail and parking myself on a lounge chair with a book.
  • Options
    Sorry @babyodo my UO is that I think fireplaces are dumb. I live in Texas, so MAYBE I would feel differently if I lived in a cooler climate, but probably not. 
  • Options
    babyodobabyodo member
    Sorry @babyodo my UO is that I think fireplaces are dumb. I live in Texas, so MAYBE I would feel differently if I lived in a cooler climate, but probably not. 
    Totally understand that! When I lived in South Florida, I never had a fireplace because it was like, what's the point? The house my ex and I rented had a pool, though, and I LOVED it even though it was a huge PITA to maintain. The owners refused to invest in a cover, so the landscapers always blew the grass clippings into the water, which pissed off our pool guy to no end. I wasn't about to shell out the money for a pool cover in a place I didn't own and wouldn't be in for more than a year, so I just let it go.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    I grew up with a wood stove (eastern WA) and we have one now in CO. I love it, but it is a big pain to have to wake up in the middle of the night to add a log so it’s not out in the morning. Waking up in a freezing house sucks! Also, DH prefers to light it on his own vs using a fire starter and one time when he was out of town it took me an HOUR to get started! I was so mad I almost ordered some fire starters on Amazon that evening. 
  • Options
    amapa20amapa20 member
    I love rain too, I was born to live in the PNW but I live in Arizona! I thought owning a pool was so stupid until I moved into a house with a private pool, now I'm in there every afternoon! There might be nothing more relaxing than floating around reading a book.

That being said, it's always winter in my heart, and I'm never not in the mood for a hot drink, soup, or a good stout. As a matter of fact it's over 100 here and not even noon and I'm having soup for lunch :D
  • Options
    winerenwineren member
    edited May 2020
    I'm here to side with the rain! I was born in Maine and love the hurricanes (when not totally destructive) and thunderstorms. Where I live now we get decent rain for like a month. 
    I hate hot weather. I burn like crazy and I don't do heat well. My in-laws live in Arizona and we visit them in the winter. I could be a snowbird if it was nice temperatures like that, but I don't think I could ever do it full time (as much as they want us to move there). 

My UO is that I actually kind of hope the hospital still doesn't allow more than one person to visit (i.e. DH) when I have this LO. With DS we had people constantly from about 5 hours old and I was too out of it to put my foot down. I thought I was okay with it at first, but looking back it would have been wonderful to not even have to think about other people.
    On the other hand I know I'll be there a couple of days and I've never been away from DS for that long. He's going to stay with my BFF mostly (not sure if DH will take him home at night or if he'll stay there) and I'm totally comfortable with her having him that long, but I'm going to miss him!

ETA: bump messing up words, just fixed for clarity
  • Options
    I love the rain, but with my chronic pain cant live anywhere with lots of weather... so sunny HOT days in NM it is for me! I'm also a firm lover of fireplaces in the winters lol! I actually splurged on a inflatable pool so I can float a little and have a cool place to exist when the swamp cooler isnt cutting it. 
  • Options
    I hate hate hate rain. I get a migraine almost every time it rains. I also live in PA and love fireplaces! It’s pretty and comforting, and nice when you need to warm up but don’t want to turn on the heater. 
  • Options
    @coldbrew I lived up in PA when I went to grad school! It's so pretty. I miss it up there sometimes.
  • Options
    @aefsparrow it’s very pretty but about the only good thing about PA. 😂
  • Options
    @coldbrew and Primantis Bros! Lol