Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL May 2020

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage, selective termination due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? 

What is going well for you this week? 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Re: TTCAL May 2020

• @asf0613 I'e been wanting to participate in this thread on and off for the past coule of months, but feelings changed week to week (as well as available time to be on this app). 
    Thanks for the suggestion to make this a once-a-month thing for now.  I will be able to participate as needed.  (It did used to be one of the busier threads, unfortunately, so weekly made a lot of sense for awhile.)
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    i agree completely @keikilove.  some weeks i need it and some i don't, but nice to have it there just in case.  

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC dec

How are things going? decently.  last month i psyched myself out quite a bit and i'm already starting to feel the same for this month.  i hate getting my hopes up, but it does help TWW go by a little quicker.

What is something that you are struggling with this week? i vented a little in TWW today but just trying to figure out how to socialize while not drinking during TWW.  i have until sunday to figure this out lol

What is going well for you this week? i got a lot of gardening and housework accomplished, as well as cooking.

R/R? nothing beyond the above

Any testing coming up/any recent results? by this time next week i will have to force myself not to take an HPT, but i'll be 9DPO so i might cave

• Loading the player...
  • edited May 2020

How are things going? okay. I’ve been in a weird headspace ttc lately. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? There are sooo many pregnant people around all of the time. Maybe it’s just my age group, but it would be so much easier if everytime I turned around there weren’t another announcement or pregnant person flaunting what I want so badly. 

What is going well for you this week? Besides ttc, life has been pretty good. I’m blessed with a good husband, job, family. I’m counting my blessings. 

R/R? Not a whole lot that I haven’t already mentioned. Bfn this morning at 11-9dpo? I’m not 100% positive about O date. So that’s a bummer. My loss didn’t show positive until 16 dpo, negative at 12dpo and was an ectopic, it’s fairly normal since hcg doesn’t rise normally with an ectopic. so some part of me feels like if I don’t test positive early I’ll totally be out. Why is TTC such mind F***?! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have a “fertility consultation” with my ob on June 9th. This is the first step we’ll be taking towards any help, so I’m interested to see what they say. 

@asf0613 saw your post in tww, glad you don’t have to worry about drinking so much! I feel you on the getting psyched, and then being let down:/ 

@keikilove I think monthly is fine too, posting here makes me feels little too emotional some weeks. 😬

Edited for spelling 

• asf0613asf0613 member
    @photographerwife yes less pressure on contributing sporadically instead of weekly!! and will be thinking of you on the 9th.  a disappointing first step but at least a step in the right direction for you.  
  • @asf0613 did you end up deciding how to camoflauge your not drinking? I didn't use to abstain during the TWW but the RE recommended it, so I'm curious (not that I have anywhere to go in NJ atm lol)

@photographerwife sorry about the BFN, and that you're at the point of needing a fertility consultation, but hopefully it'll feel good to be taking some steps forward. Or at least that's how I felt when we made that step. Also I know what you mean... it feels like every other woman of childbearing age in my life is pregnant or just had a 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: incomplete MC and D&C March 2019

How are things going? not bad... very glad for the long weekend coming up

What is something that you are struggling with this week? so many "what-ifs..." and feeling discouraged after the IUI. And then feeling upset because I feel like I shouldn't even be doing this right now; I should have a 7 month old. And yet here I am.

What is going well for you this week? I'm finally working on getting caught up at work! Hoping I can keep this momentum going over the next couple of weeks and catch up completely

R/R? nothing else

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Going tomorrow to have my progesterone checked.

TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• asf0613asf0613 member
    @manillabar so i wound up taking a few sips of wine and DH would finish the glass.  i got one refill and he handled that one entirely.  so it went pretty well!  i hate the "what-if's" that i get when i see people who are due when i wouldve been.  hope your progesterone check goes well
  • @asf0613 can you say something along the lines of you're trying to give up certain things in quarantine? Or go the other way and say that you were over-doing it too much in quarantine so you're trying to cut back? 

@photographerwife it's so hard when it seems like everyone around you is getting KU. Sometimes I have to take social media breaks bc of it. Sorry for the BFN.  Good luck on the 9th! Are you going to the office or is it virtual?

@manillabar I'm sorry about the IUI and that you're feeling discouraged this week. The "what-ifs" are soooo hard ♥️ sending positive vibes your way. Yay for catching up at work! 

@keikilove I think I'll participate more in a monthly thread. I'm at a point where I am trying not to think about my losses as much but definitely have days where they're on my mind and I'm not sure how much to post about it in the dailies. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 3 losses: 2 @ 7 weeks in July 2012 and July 2019, CP this past March. No diagnosis, Dr thinks last 2 were bc I'm AMA. 

How are things going? Right now ok, coming up to FW and feeling optimistic. Feeling zen and calm. I'm sure all that will go out the window during TWW. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? 2/3 of my losses were conceived in May, so if this cycle works that is very much going to be in my head. If I O when predicted I will have the same EDD as my 2012 loss. We thought about skipping this cycle but at this point every missed cycle feels like a waste to me. 

What is going well for you this week? MH and I are both in a good headspace about this which is huge bc usually one of us is down while the other is up. I'm so excited for a long weekend! The weather is warming up too so hopefully more time outside. 

R/R? My eye is a bit messed up so I can't wear my contacts. Can't go running in my glasses (on a day like today I'd try to get out for 6-8 miles). Guess I'm going to just have to sit on my deck and read instead :) also MH needs something that Target has on sale so I'm planning a trip there this afternoon!! So exciting LOL

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No. MH and I are not on the same page about seeking IF/recurrent loss help (I'm for, he's against). We plan to revisit the topic at the end of the summer and I'm hoping he's more open. 

• asf0613asf0613 member
    @_orchid_ with my friends yes for sure! but my mom is eagle eyed and reads into things, hence the hiding it lol  but all went well. 
    hopefully you carry that zen and calm with you into TWW.  hopefully you don't even need to have the convo end of summer and things work out before then for you guys :heart:

• @asf0613 ahh gotcha. Moms! The drinking too much and need to cut back story probably wouldn't go over well 😂

That's what I'm hoping. After the last loss I have him an ultimatum and told him I have one more loss and then I'm done trying on our own without answers. Still hoping we don't get to that point. 
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    @_orchid_ hoping you don't have to either, but i think that's a reasonable ultimatum
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    so for my mindf*ck of the day, i got a delivery today from Enfamil with formula samples.  i guess this is one of the things i signed up for in November and they must wait until your last 7-8 weeks to ship it out.  now i'm wondering what other little goodies i will be receiving in the next few weeks leading up to my empty due date.  :/
  • @asf0613 I'm sorry. Worst reminder. Hopefully there are no more packages coming (now). As if you need the reminder. Thinking of you ♥️
  • ugh sending you lots of hugs @asf0613 I got a similar packet from Enfamil around my empty due date in October. Not a fun reminder at all. <3<3
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• asf0613asf0613 member
    @_orchid_ and @manillabar thank you both for the kind words.  feeling better today.  and i'm giving the sampled to my good friend who just had her baby in April so they get used, which makes me feel good.
  • @asf0613 AL is such a rollercoaster. Glad you are feeling better today ♥️