August 2020 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/25

• Is it hot in my neck of the woods this week!!! Is anyone doing anything fun to stay cool? This weather plus quarentine is making me wish I had a pool in the backyard. 
  • It's really hot here too. We don't have central air so it's pretty sticky in our house when the window units aren't running. Which, since they're pretty loud and I'm in Zoom meetings all day, means they don't run and keep me cool as much as I'd like.

I am not built for 90 degree days, pregnant or otherwise.
  • Loading the player...
  • It is hot and humid here too but I am soaking it all in - I have waited for this all winter! I am sure I will be singing a different tune a few weeks from now. I am in new systems training this week and I can no longer sit for long periods of time. Everything just hurts and is uncomfortable. I feel like 30 weeks is too early for that!
  • @riatortillaxo I sooo wish I had a pool as well! We got our dog a kiddie pool last summer, she was afraid of it so we gave it to our neighbour’s little girl. If I had it now I’d have no shame sitting in it right now lol 
    MH turned our AC on two days ago, thankful for that now!! 
    I was enjoying the heat, sitting on the deck in the shade while my hubs soaked up the sun and now has a wicked tan (I’m jealous of lol) now the humidity is just too much. I desperately need a new bbq. I love to bbq when weather permits! I use propane and it’s time for an upgrade. MH has a fancy charcoal smoker grill that is “his”. It’s great for when he’s on his days off as it’s usually a low and slow grill process. 
    Lately I’ve been concocting yummy (to me) drinks, decaf iced coffee made with coconut milk, and coconut water with pineapple juice I find refreshing as well! 
  • Heat I love, but this humidity tho!  I try to keep the ac running a bit just so the house is not so darn sticky!  :s
  • This app is ridiculous lately! I'm only able to get to the community about 30% of the time. 
    In other news, we're celebrating DS birthday this weekend and he's so excited! It's refreshing! Plus we're having the grandparents and Godparents over today and it'll be nice to have a small gathering to make everything feel more normal. 
  • Oh how fun! @wife-and-mommy Enjoy your birthday get together!