December 2020 Moms

MILESTONE - Announcing to Family and Friends

How did/are you planning on announcing your pregnancy to family and friends? Their reactions? Tell us all about it!

Re: MILESTONE - Announcing to Family and Friends

• As soon as DH realized I was serious, we called my parents and then his parents. I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep it in 😂 My dad said he had to go sit down, but I’m not sure if he was serious. DH’s parents had a mixed reaction. Anyway, after we told them, we called a few super close friends, who understandably freaked out in a good way.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • We were pretty open with a lot of close friends and family that we were trying. It was kind of hard to hide since my SO had a VR and the recovery is a week, so everyone was asking what was going on.

With the quarantine, we’ve been having lots of calls to catch up with people and I think people are just itching for good news. I’ve had a few friends / family members guess (friends who are also pregnant).

We’re waiting to make a big social media announcement for another week or so (once I hit 12-13 weeks) but we’re telling more and more friends. I’ve actually had 4 ultrasounds already due to some early stuff that was going on so we felt pretty good about sharing after the last one. 

People seem really keen for exciting news these days so we’re happy to share! Reactions have all been so supportive and positive!
  • We haven’t told many friends yet but we did just tell some family. We didn’t do anything special I would just show them my son on FaceTime and say “I’m gonna be a big brother.” Everyone has been very excited so far. Once we have the ultrasound we will most likely start telling more people. Like close friends, and more family!
  • hham10hham10 member
    We’ve basically told all of our family which isn’t that big and our close friends. I mainly sent all a pic of a onesie that said “future quarantennial coming December 2020” nothing crazy. With this being my 4th in 5 year no one probably cares that much 😂 we told our kids a couple of days ago but showing a pic and video from the ultrasound and having them guess who it was. They are 5 and under and it was the cutest sweetest things. They’re so much more excited than I expected! 

As far as work peeps since I’m a teacher I haven’t decided how/when I tell them since I’d like them to know before Facebook. 
  • @bearmomma1 omg this is sooo cute lol love the idea. I love both pics lol. The first one is very sweet. 
  • @bearmomma1 omg we were going to do that same announcement idea! My 2 year old son LOVES toy story and already has the toys. So cute!