Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 5/28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Thursday 5/28

• bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 18/20 including 2 benched 

CD/DPO: 18/4

Timing: -2,-1,O

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: Next Thursday 

R/R: We’ve had gorgeous weather since Friday but finally have a rainy day today. It’s supposed to get nice again for the weekend so I can’t really complain, but it will be a change eating dinner inside haha. It’s kind of the calm before the storm at work, a lot of stuff coming that I can’t really start yet, so just trying to get as much as I can off of my plate so I’m ready when the flood comes. But it’s nice to not feel so hectic for a change. I even did some laundry while I was working yesterday!

CS/Q:

• @bows22 jealous of all your good weather and meals outside! We had a nice day yesterday and ate lunch and dinner outside- it was awesome! But rainy today and the next couple days. Good luck getting some of that work off your plate today!

I think I'm over here now- 2 days of temperature rises but waiting for CH. 

Month/Cycle: 13/11 (2 losses and some time benched)

CD/DPO: 16/2

Timing: best in a while! -5, -4, -2, 0

Typical LP length: 12-14 

Testing: right now I'm staying WFAF but once dpo 10 hits I might change my tune - no self control

R/R: still 3 weeks of school but we are now allowed to go back into our rooms to clean up and have a schedule in place to get things back from students, so I'll be going in a few times to close up. Mentally I feel so good knowing that I can get in and close up for the summer - everything that needs to get done there has been weighing on me. Preparing for the sadness that will hit when I walk in my classroom for the first time since March 12. So much of this time has been figuring out things that are new, it will be a relief to go in to do familiar things. 

I have to record a few lessons today. Woke up yesterday with a HUGE zit on my check and thankful no one will see it- then remembered the recordings! I am totally going to be tilting my head at weird angles so the zit gets no screen time lol.

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 You are inspiring me to take our dinner outside this evening. Glad your weather will return to lovely in time for the weekend! Good luck getting the small stuff out of the way so that you’re fully prepared when the flood hits! Sounds like a smart plan. 

@_orchid_ That whole experience sounds so surreal. I know it’s most teachers’ reality right now, but what a strange year...Good luck with getting everything cleared out—I hope it’s not too emotional and that you feel great once it’s done. And you can enjoy summer!

Month/Cycle: 24

CD/DPO: 20/7

Timing: -3, -1, O

Typical LP length: 10-13

Testing: Early & often, starting soon...

R/R: I have a hugely important meeting this morning, lots of prep work went into it so I hope it goes well. I will be back here later in the day to interact more fully. 

CS/Q: Quite flat temps this time. Woke up feeling sick & was eager to symptom spot hahaha, but realized it’s because I’ve only been getting 3-4 hours sleep for a this whole week😬

• @keikilove good luck at your meeting!! FX everything goes smoothly. Will you be able to get more sleep now that it's done?
  • mvt2003mvt2003 member

Month/Cycle: 21

CD/DPO: 24/11

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 12-14

Testing: Nope

R/R: Today has already been insanely busy. I have a few minutes of downtime as I wait for some updates to my big project, so I figured I'd pop on! 

I woke up early, went for a quick run, then headed in to my office before 9 to check on some things for my big project. I got home and was on calls for a while, then started running around for the project. (It's really nothing exciting, just producing materials for a corporate board meeting). It's really weird being in the office, it's like an episode of the walking dead in here. I'll be very happy when I'm finished and can go home! (I'm also grateful this happened this week, because I am locking myself down after this weekend to make sure I don't jeopardize FET!) 

CS/Q: Nope

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• mvt2003mvt2003 member
    @bows22 I know the feeling when you have something big to do but can't start it yet, it's maddening. :D Glad you're making the most of the calmer time! 

@_orchid_ It's such a weird feeling to go back in to work! Hopefully you'll be able to get everything done and closed up quickly! 

@keikilove good luck on your meeting!!!! <3 

• bows22bows22 member
    @_orchid_ I went into the office a couple of weeks ago and it was definitely a weird feeling seeing my calendar still set at March. I brought it home with me so I wouldn’t have to deal with that again. March 12 was also my last day in and I spent the afternoon preparing to not be back for awhile. I know that teachers didn’t get that time to prepare and I would definitely be going crazy. So I’m glad you get to go in and get things wrapped up! 

@k@keikilove I hope your meeting goes well! Let us know! I didn’t get a chance to reply to you on yesterday’s thread but I was glad to hear from you even though it was late! I hope you get to sleep 
    more soon!

@m@mvt2003 I’m sure it was weird being in the office with no one there! I haven’t been in yet during normal business hours and I’m curious to see what it’s like. But we have too many people going in that I’m not comfortable yet. Was anyone there when you went in or were you totally solo?
  • mvt2003mvt2003 member
    @bows22 It feels very weird to be here during business hours alone! There are a couple of other people in the building, but no one in my area. I saw a couple of coworkers, which was nice. But there are tons of signs everywhere about coronavirus, and our elevators have a maximum of 2 riders now, and the main entrance security desk has a plexiglass shield now. It's just so weird. 

• @bows22 Glad you can use this time to get caught up on stuff before it gets crazy at work.  Sometimes a rainy day is nice.

@_orchid_ Boo for that zit making an appearance!  Can you cover it up with some concealer?  Good luck cleaning up your classroom.  Hope emotions aren't too crazy.

@keikilove Good luck with your meeting.  Also, I hope you're able to get more sleep soon!

@mvt2003 You are such an inspiration with your runs before work.  I can barely pull myself out of bed before 9.  I usually don't get my exercise in until the evening.  I haven't been running much, but you're making me want to start running again. Keep it up!

Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD/DPO: 45/?? - not even positive I ovulated at this point

Timing: not good enough

Typical LP length: who knows

Testing: blah

R/R: Not even sure where I belong at this point.  I'm thinking of moving over to WTO tomorrow since technically I'm WFAF.  My doc yesterday prescribed Provera so at least I know AF will be here soon.  My appointment went really well yesterday.  She's being really proactive in trying to figure out why my cycles are going all crazy again.  I'm getting a full hormone workup done including a repeat prolactin but also testing my thyroid and everything.  She was also ready to prescribe clomid to help us get pregnant, but we're not there yet.  Not really sure how I feel about clomid since I only have one tube.  H isn't ready for fertility meds yet, so I have to respect his feelings.  I did buy a BBT thermometer the other day so I can actually confirm O.  My doc was willing to check bloodwork to confirm O, but I figure temping + OPKs should be good enough for now.  

CS/Q: nope

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• bows22bows22 member
    @linzrunz I’m glad your doctor was so thorough and is helping you figure things out! My OB had no interest. I think it’s fine if you stay here or go to WTO, wherever you want to go! 
  • @bows22 that was a good idea to bring your calendar home! I have 2 calendars on my desk and I'm going to take them both down. I usually spend 2 weeks doing inventory (library) and that's not going to happen this year. It's nice bc my area is pretty separate from other areas of the school so I'm not anticipating seeing many people when I go in. 

@mvt2003 hope you got everything done you need to! Oh man can't imagine how awkward elevator rides are going to be - I feel like I'd be trying to hold my breath the entire time!

@linzrunz I'm sorry your cycle is so confusing. That's great that your Dr is running bloodwork for you. Is this the first time your thyroid has been tested? I have hypothyroidism and had crazy cycles until my ob caught it when I was 20. Thankfully it's relatively easy for me to manage (1 pill in the morning) which was a relief. I would get VERY sick every AF (days of vomiting and fatigue so bad I couldn't stand up) so medication was literally life altering for me. Good luck starting with the BBT. 
  • @_orchid_ I had it tested when we were TTC before but it’s been a few years. I think it was normal back then. At least no one mentioned that it was abnormal. 

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @linzrunz levels can change so glad they're checking it out again! FX the results come back soon and you get some answers
  • mvt2003mvt2003 member
    @keikilove oh how funny I (for once!) wasn’t even thinking of that in terms of my FET! I was full on in work mode! (I always know when these big presentations are coming, and it’s pointless for me to start working on them in advance because everyone else changes their stuff multiple times right down to the wire, so no matter what I’m working right up til the very last minute 😭) 

• @mvt2003 OH!🤣 Hahaha, well your intention of the comment also makes perfect sense!😆