October 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in, Week 2 (10/8-10/14) - 5/25

How far along are you?

Due date?

Upcoming appointments?

Rant/rave?

Questions?

GTKY: Tell us about the town you grew up in.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Check-in, Week 2 (10/8-10/14) - 5/25

• Options
    How far along are you?— 20 weeks! 🎉🎉

Due date?— Oct 12 

Upcoming appointments? —AS on June 3

Rant/rave?—I’m loving the warm weather but I’m also scared for how hot it will be in the summer while I’m super pregnant. 

Questions?— None 

GTKY: Tell us about the town you grew up in.— I grew up in a smallIsh town in Indiana. Some of my favorite memories are from the fair that was held every September. My favorite things were the rides, curly fries and fried walleye sandwiches.
    I miss the weather and experiencing all four seasons every year. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    How far along are you? 20 weeks

Due date? 10/13

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan this week

Rant/rave?
    Rant: I’m so exhausted all the time and starting to get indigestion 
    Rave: I finally got to see some family and my belly is finally starting to pop!

Questions? None

It’s a beautiful small town in NC. I miss being around all the water and close to the beach. I’d move back in a heartbeat if there were more opportunities 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MJDsquaredMJDsquared member
    edited May 2020
    How far along are you? 20+2

Due date? 10/10

Upcoming appointments? AS tomorrow!!!!

Rant/rave? Rant: sore calves from lots of walking this weekend, DD waking up before 8 (though it's 8 now and I haven't gone to get her, so I can't complain too much).
    Rave: More baby movement last night! I finally like coffee again. I decided to try brewing coffee this weekend since Keurig coffee has been grossing me out this pregnancy--success!

Questions?

Tiny, about 2500 people I think. In OR, right on the border with WA (which happens to be a river, which is very pretty). My town is so small you have to cross the bridge to Washington for most things, though they finally got a grocery outlet so my mom can get groceries without leaving the state now! When I tell people I'm from an hour north of Portland they look at me like I have three heads and say, "so...Washington?" Lol, no, look at the shape of OR!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    How far along are you: 20+3

Due Date: 10/9

Upcoming Appointments: 24-week checkup on June 16

Rant: I work in a gift shop at a local museum and they just announced they are planning to reopen next week. As of right now, they’ve announced reopening procedures for the rest of the museum but not the gift shop. So now I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it to go back to work or not. I’ve been working at home writing social media posts, so I think I’m gonna try and do that for as long as possible, then see what the situation is and make my decision.

Rave: We’re starting to get our nursery ready! We were using it as a room to just stash stuff in, so we’ve pretty much cleaned it out and are deciding on paint colors!

Questions: I’ve definitely been feeling the baby move for the last few weeks, but when does it turn into definable movement, like knowing if it was a kick? Right now it’s all feeling like pokes or a bubble popping.

GTKY: My dad is actually active duty military and I lived all over the country growing up, so i don’t really have a town I grew up in. The closest would be where we were stationed the most, which was a beach town in Virginia. But I’ve lived on both the West and East Coast, have lived in 4 different states, and if you include the colleges I got my bachelor’s and masters, I’ve attended 10 schools!
  • Options
    @ccstlln1, for me, it doesn’t get super obvious until late second tri. Early third tri is when I can actually see the kicks 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• Options
    Ughh. Still no movements for me, yet. ☹️ But being a FTM, having twins, and one with an anterior placenta can all make it take longer to start feeling movements. 
  • Options
    @mckjacks, I had an anterior placenta with my first pregnancy and it sucked having to wait so long. Hopefully you will be feeling them soon! 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• Options
    @profmcgonagall the other baby has a posterior placenta so I’m hoping I’ll at least feel something soon from one of them. They say that all the extra fluid and placentas can make it take longer to feel movements, but once your start feeling movement the transition from flutters to full on kicks is much faster. They’re always moving a ton during US, but I’d love to be able to feel them myself
  • Options
    @profmcgonagall both of my parents went to Purdue, so I was actually born in Lafayette, and mom's hometown is Decatur (tiny, tiny Decatur).

@mckjacks Tums is your friend!  Also, shoutout to a fellow Tarheel (except go Duke!).
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @kboydbowman ugh. Unfortunately tums did nothing to touch it. I think I need to start eating smaller meals. And, yes!! Definitely Duke over UNC
  • Options

Due date? 10/11

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan this week!

Rant/rave? Rant: still mad/annoyed that my IPs (or at least one) can't come to the anatomy scan. Rave: the weather was sooo nice this past weekend and it was just what I needed!

Questions? Nope

GTKY: Tell us about the town you grew up in. I grew up in Iowa, in one of the bigger cities. My grandparents lived in a small town about 20 minutes away and I get nostalgic for the humid summers at their farm!
  • Options
    @themoonandme fellow Iowan!! Do you still live in the state?
  • Options

Due date: October 9th

Next appointment: May 29th

Rave: My first born is starting to realize that a change is happening to my body. She kisses my belly and it is so damn cute.

Question: Any mom's have a VBAC? What was your experience? 

GTKY: I grew up in a very diverse city in Florida. Loved going to the beach and thought hurricanes were the norm for everyone. 90 degree Christmases are my jam.
  • Options
    @salliesqpants, I haven’t but I think that would be a good post to make by itself or you could ask in one of the larger threads so you get more answers. 

I don’t remember everyone’s info in this thread but I know there are two of us who have only had c sections and 2 first time moms 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• Options
    @mamahosch I don't! We talk about moving back sometimes. We moved to CO after college and landed in MN, which I am not a fan of haha. We go back often because all of our families live there and we usually attend most/all of the college football games at ISU.
  • Options
    @themoonandme my husband went to Iowa state! We only live 30 mins south of Ames so we try to go to a game once a year! But since we are a house divided we go to both ISU and U of I games 😜
  • Options
    @mamahosch my husband and I both went there! We both have a sibling that went to U of I though. If we moved back, we'd probably move to the Ankeny area!
  • Options
    @themoonandme that’s where we live and we love it here! We bought our house here 2 years ago. We were in West Des Moines for a year in an apartment after I moved back to be closer to DH and my family, and I’ve gotta say I miss the pool there! But definitely don’t miss apartment living otherwise lol.
  • Options
    @mamahosch my best friend lives there as well as some of my husband's family! We have a few college friends in that area too. When we go back for games we always stay there and I love it! Small world :) Apartment living was not for me either but I could use a pool right about now haha. 
  • Options
    @themoonandme is is a very small world!! 😊
  • Options
    How far along are you? 20+6

Due date? 10/8

Upcoming appointments? 6/16 (my birthday, woo)

Rant/rave? Went back to work last week and it wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting/dreading. I have definitely noticed feeling tired much earlier and have been falling asleep pretty much right after I eat dinner. 

I was also excited to have Sunday/Monday off so it was nice to spend a couple of days with MH after our first week "apart" in two months haha. We had a little fire and made s'mores and it was nice.

I grew up in a small town in NH and now I live in an even smaller town about 30 minutes away!
  • Options
    jgrodojgrodo member
    How far along are you? 20  weeks 2 days

Due date? 10/12

Upcoming appointments? Had a/s yesterday

Rant/rave? My ob laid down the law about not seeing people including grandparents and hubs is being -+*" about it. It's just so frustrating the Dr said I was high risk and explained not wasn't worth the risk which I agree and his parents are frequently out and about. And they will not follow any guidelines or requests we make and it'll cause a huge fight .. ugg

Questions?

GTKY: Tell us about the town you grew up in
    I'm from a town near the beach in Long island.  I really miss the smell of the ocean and only having a 5 min drive to the beach. 

@salliesqpants what does vbac stand for?