Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?

Re: Week 3 (12/15-12/21) Check-In 5/24/2020

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/17, 10+3 (updated to the due date my doctor's office is using)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: finding out...hopefully next week!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: strawberry/brussels sprout/Ferrero Rocher

Upcoming appointments: AFP and OB visit 6/30

How are you feeling: still dealing with morning sickness that gets worse throughout the day, plus some new lightheadedness.  I know I'll feel better within the next few weeks, but I am so over feeling tired and sick (and then the secondary guilt since I still feel lucky to be pregnant).

Rants/Raves: Rant - my labwork showed very mild anemia, so that explains a lot of how tired I've been feeling.  I'm *NOT* looking forward to starting iron supplementation  :s   Rave - The relief of seeing the baby on last weeks' ultrasound...that feeling just can't be beat  <3  Also, DH put together a huge budget spreadsheet for the next year that makes me feel very financially secure despite all of the baby expenses coming up. 

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?  The ability to stop time and not age when time was stopped...if not that, then teleportation.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15 - 10w 6d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM!

Team Green/Pink/Blue: NIPT test results are pending. Myriad received them Saturday 05/23 and said results will be available in a week. Assuming all is good with the chromosomal tests, going to ask for the gender result in an envelope and do something fun for my husband and I to do together (either balloon pop/colored cake/something like it). 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: prune, tart kumquat, strawberry

Upcoming appointments: 6/9 for NT ultrasound

How are you feeling: Better Physicallyover the past few days, but still getting very tired early in the evenings. Nausea and food aversions have significantly lessened, but are still present. If eat too much at 1 time I get pretty bad indigestion. Bloating is also out of control. 

Rants/Raves: Sorry this is a long rant. we are in Florida, and practically everything is reopening and no one is social distancing. We think it’s too soon and aren’t participating and still staying at home. It’s becoming a bit socially isolating to be one of the hold outs unwilling to go out to restaurants or hang with friends - but I feel like I have to stand my ground until we know more about whether the virus is dangerous for fetal development. Most in our main friend group don’t know I’m pregnant yet, so I assume they’ll be more understanding once they find out. But it’s not just those friends making me feel this way. About a month ago we also agreed with just immediate family to expand into a social distancing “bubble,” but some of those people (on my in-laws side) are no longer social distancing and I don’t really know how to address it, and my husband certainly is not doing it because he’s much more relaxed about the whole thing/doesn’t think we can ask people to stay home anymore. we have been seeing them less, but everytime I just feel like we are exposed to so much risk. We have also been heavily guilt tripped/pressured into attending my in-laws’ family reunion at the end of June that I really do not want to attend. I want to see everyone, and have a great weekend, but they’re on the opposite side of us as far as thought process/politics/etc and so I just feel like risk wise it’s not a wise choice. Most of the family does not know I’m pregnant yet, but the people putting the pressure on do know. Currently we’re planning to go, stay in a rental house separate from everyone else and will try to be social distanced at the events. It’s probably not going to work out perfectly. But I definitely feel like the uptight one in all of our social circles right now because I’m being so strict, and it’s very frustrating/depressing. It was so much easier to manage when the lines of what’s acceptable were much more clearly drawn. Hopefully it becomes easier soon.

Questions: none right now

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? Love @luckypenny11 idea of stopping time and therefore pausing aging (especially since my regular Botox appt is due right about now so all of those hidden wrinkles are coming out in full force).  I would love a magical power to be able to have things done quickly/easily! Like being able to float something over to me, or clean the dishes/fold the laundry/etc. Would be so great since I’m exhausted/lazy all of the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • hham10hham10 member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th

Team Green/Pink/Blue: finding out in a week or two!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I do not keep up on these 

Upcoming appointments: NIPT tmw morning! 

How are you feeling: Pretty good! Just a little tired still and hungry always 

Rants/Raves: Just struggling with motivation since starting this whole social distancing quarantining. I am a teacher so haven’t been to work in over 2 months and won’t go back until August (hopefully) and just feel like I’m in a funk. It’s definitely making this pregnancy go by so slowly. 

Questions: how long were you all told it would take to get you NIPT results back? I know from previous pregnancies it was like 2 weeks but hoping it won’t be so long this time. 

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? The ability to be fit without working out. Can that be one? 
  • @shelmcclel can you plan on not going and then “fall sick” the day before so you have to cancel plans? I’m sorry that you’re going through that stress and pressure. I’m also sorry people aren’t respecting your boundaries. That would be very frustrating and disappointing. 

@hham10 heck yes that’s a superpower! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    December 16th, 10+5

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue:
    We are finding out! I think boy. 

a strawberry. 

Upcoming appointments:
    June 22nd

How are you feeling:
    The last two days I’ve felt better. My nausea was back today and I was bummed. I’m still exhausted though. I’m so excited for week 14 because that’s when I start feeling good again. 

Rants/Raves:
    *TW* my first pregnancy ended in a loss. So when I was pregnant with my son I was terrified every appointment until around week 16. I also had elevated BP until around that time. If you look, like one nurse did, my first appointment was my highest BP reading and they went down lower and lower each appointment. Then I had low BP. For some reason the first line of my OB history reads, “difficult pregnancy with high BP”. So I went in for my first ultrasound. I again freaked myself out and when they took my BP it was high. The doctor looks at the computer and says, “you had high BP last time too?”. So then I explain everything and she takes my BP and it’s perfect. But she still prescribed me a cuff and tells me to take it every day. Which annoyed me because last time they sent me for an EKG at week 14 and my heart was fine. I know they’re being cautious and I appreciate it... I’m just annoyed. 

Questions:

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? 
    Oooooo. I want to make things self clean. Like the fairy’s in Sleeping Beauty do! 
  • @antera23 thanks, I might be able to do something like it but it’s a pretty long trip (8 hours each way) and i think canceling last minute would upset everyone even more. I’m trying to just find a happy medium. I’m going to ask my OB for her thoughts at my appt in 2 weeks, even though I think I know what her answer will be, and might try to use that as my excuse to skip it. But I’ve already tried to express my concerns with my immediate family, and it didn’t get me very far. Frustrating all around.

@hham10 that’s definitely a super power! Also on NIPT, I was told from OB about 2 weeks, but got an email from Myriad 1 day after my blood work was taken saying they received the test, and another email the next day saying results would be ready in 1 week. So about 9-10 days is what I’m expecting. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/16, 10w6d

FTM/STM/STM+: fourth

Team Green/Pink/Blue: we will find out and secretly I want girl #4, but you know I’ll be thrilled with my first boy. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby sea turtle shell 

Upcoming appointments: today, finally!! I’m so excited to finally meet my new OB and hopefully get to see this little nugget. 

How are you feeling: pretty good. Waves of nausea here and there, mostly tired. 

Rants/Raves: can the bump get their “your baby is the size of...” in order? Like I feel like every other day it’s something smaller.

Questions: none

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? I really want to read minds or fly. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/18/2020 10+4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: IDC but Pink would be nice!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Weighs what a quarter does.

Upcoming appointments: 6/9/2020 NT and NIPT (I'm "old"). 

How are you feeling: SO MUCH BETTER. Still some queeziness if I drink a ton of water on an empty stomach BUT I have way more energy and brain power again. Yay!

Rants/Raves: It feels weird thinking about "announcing" this pregnancy. It's my second, and at this point (mid thirties) I have SO many friends who are struggling with fertility/knowing that they'll never have kids, ugh. It makes me feel bad about doing any type of announcement. I'm kind of at a loss. 

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? I'll go full on Captain Marvel. 
  • @shelmcclel While it's too soon to know about the fetal development, we can also still just die. I work in Brooklyn, a woman I went to HS with (our lives mirror in so many ways, same age, we both are special education teachers, both work for NYC schools, both have a 4 yo) died of Covid 19 while pregnant just a few weeks ago. The baby was too young to be saved. Nothing is worth that risk to me, not when I can knowingly avoid it and minimize my risk as much as possible. The only way I see people at all is outside with NO physical contact. And that's at my Mother's house, where they're also practicing social distancing. I don't care if people are mad at me. No way. See you when there's a vaccine. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/22 10w today

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Mother's intuition is saying Team Blue, but who knows.  

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Strawberry.  I agree with @BmcD2016.  Some of these make no sense.  My husband laughs every time I tell him he daily thing.  

Upcoming appointments:. Tomorrow.  10w one with all the bloodwork and tests.  My husband gets to come, so I am excited about that.  We won't get to see the "Potato" but it will be nice for him to be included.  

How are you feeling: I think okay.  In general I have been feeling much better lately.  I have been eating some real food, but still haven't gained much back of the 16lbs I lost initially.

Rants/Raves:. Well work called me back.  I was hoping to delay my return by two more weeks, but will be unable to without a doctor's note.  They also increased my schedule from 6 hours a day to almost 10.  With at least an hour commute (hopefully less with the virus), that is going to make for some long days.  With the potential to also interact with 1500-3000 people daily, that also makes me nervous.  I am going to talk with my doctor and see what she thinks.  I really love what my job used to be, but everything is completely different now.  

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?  I like the self cleaning option mentioned above!  Haven't been doing too much around here and it shows!  Teleporting would also be nice for my long commute.  
  • hham10hham10 member
    @shelmcclel let me know when you get the actual results. The sooner the better! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: December 19. 10w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: Third

Team Green/Pink/Blue: We'll be finding out. I suspect girl.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A fortune cookie.

Upcoming appointments: NIPT test today, along with first ultrasound. Send good vibes if you have them! The NIPT is where everything went bad last time.

How are you feeling: Blah. Sick by the end of the day for sure. Coke (the drink, not the drug) seems to help, as does ginger tea.

Rants/Raves: I want to choke my husband today after we got into a big argument yesterday.

Questions: Nothing really. 

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? I'm not very good at this question. Mind-reading maybe, although I'm not sure I'd really want to know what everyone thought about me.  I like the idea of being in shape without having to work out.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/20, 10+2

FTM/STM/STM+: fourth

Team Green/Pink/Blue: We will find out in a few weeks. DS would love a brother as opposed to three sisters, so I’ve got my fingers crossed for boy, but we’ll be happy either way!

Strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: 6/9 for NT and NIPT

How are you feeling: Starting to feel better, which really freaks me out! *TW* I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks between #2 and #3, around the time where I started to feel better, so I will probably be super anxious until baby is big enough for me to feel kicks.

Rants/Raves: I feel like my kids are going out of their way to make things more difficult than usual. Granted, we haven’t told them I’m pregnant yet, and they have been stuck at home since mid-March, but come on kids! Join the team!

Questions: None

GTKY: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have? Like others, I definitely would love some Mrs. Weasley powers to clean, cook, and do laundry! I think I have about 3 baskets and a dryer full of laundry waiting to be folded this afternoon. At least it’s clean, right? Although @hham10, your idea of staying fit without having to work out is tempting too...
  • @antera23 Could you ask the nurse at your OB’s office to wait and take your bp at the end of your appointment, after you hear baby’s heartbeat or have an ultrasound? It seems like that anxiety would be something that would happen to many women. I would hope they would be understanding and accommodate you.
  • @readermom1 yes that’s what I will do. Thank you for the suggestion. I was in a daze after my ultrasound and not really focusing. I was more focused on the fact that I’m really having a baby! P
  • Today the baby wouldn't cooperate for a Doppler reading, so we took a peek.  The baby was doing lots of cardio with arms and legs pumping wildly!