3rd Trimester

Labor soon???

I'm 36 weeks 4-4 1/2 cm dilated, 80% effaced with bulging water bag. Will I have her soon? Or should I not get my hopes up just yet
 Please tell me your experience.. 

Re: Labor soon???

• Please don’t hope to have your baby at 36 weeks. Full term is 39 weeks. Your baby still has some developing to do.

Also, ask your doctor.
  • I'm 36 weeks 4-4 1/2 cm dilated, 80% effaced with bulging water bag. Will I have her soon? Or should I not get my hopes up just yet
     Please tell me your experience.. 
    what did your doctor say???  You can walk around 4 cm dilated and effaced for 3 weeks (I'm one of them).  No one can tell you what will happen, only time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I mean I am hopeful to have her soon but I never thought you could dilate this early and be effaced with a bulging bag... it worries me but I just wanted to know what everyone's experience was. Doc said to take it easy. So I have been. I do want her in here as long as I can. They want her to atleast wait till 37 weeks. 
  • My doctor told me a story about one of her patients who reached 5cm dilation early and then walked around like that for 4 weeks. Doctor said they ended up having to induce her. So anything is possible. I agree with others on here - just follow your doctor's advice.
  • @mamabear9675434 the OP posted in this August of 19. I’m pretty sure she has already given birth at this point. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing